Page 632 of 865 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Other than the deluxe books of Nightly News and East of West, what other Hickman books are in oversized format?

Manhatten Projects is the only other indie work I think, obviously most of his Marvel works been deluxed/omnid

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Manhatten Projects is the only other indie work I think, obviously most of his Marvel works been deluxed/omnid
    Yeah I meant his indie stuff. Forgot about Manhattan projects though, thanks

My haul for this month, don't think I would get anything more. At last some more Thorgal books, I have to buy more of them next month.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    My haul for this month, don't think I would get anything more. At last some more Thorgal books, I have to buy more of them next month.

[/URL]
    surprised how much superhero stuff you got. Also, stop making me to buy books! That's the second one in a week, your pic just reminded me that the World's finest deluxe exist and 2 minutes later I've just ordered a cheap copy from amazon.

Yeah, I know, but I heard good things about WW run, and Batman I just like. Don't know what it is, but I'm more likely to read superhero stuff from DC rather than Marvel. You need to start collecting Thorgal, buy polish editions, just for art.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, I know, but I heard good things about WW run, and Batman I just like. Don't know what it is, but I'm more likely to read superhero stuff from DC rather than Marvel. You need to start collecting Thorgal, buy polish editions, just for art.
    Nah I need a readable story as well. Wish cinebook would either sell it to a publisher that would release it in hc or just do it themselves.
    Marvel has some good stuff the main problem is the pricinew. If you haven't checked out Aaron's Thor yet I would highly recommend it.

Fantastic Member

It's a shame Moebius Library hardcover is not library-sized (as Hellboy and other books)

By the way, ivizzz, may I ask you to post more photos of the Fight Club 2 library? Is it worth buying?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Do the IDW GI JOE Complete Collection hardcovers get reprinted when they go OOP? I have the first 3, but 4 and 5 are now going for hundreds on the secondary market. They went OOP maybe a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's a shame Moebius Library hardcover is not library-sized (as Hellboy and other books)

By the way, ivizzz, may I ask you to post more photos of the Fight Club 2 library? Is it worth buying?
    Haven't opened it yet and it won't change for some time.

I would appreciate some advice from you guys (and possibly even pictures) regarding the Fables comics. I would really like to get them but there are a lot and I don't need to rush as it is a finished series so nothing to 'get up to speed with'. At the moment I'm looking to get the hardcover volumes and from pictures I've seen so far they look ok. However, if some kind of special edition or really nicely presented collection is likely to come out (can't find note of any) then I would prefer to wait for that. I'm fairly new to comic books, so I'm not sure how likely that is. Any thoughts?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    I would appreciate some advice from you guys (and possibly even pictures) regarding the Fables comics. I would really like to get them but there are a lot and I don't need to rush as it is a finished series so nothing to 'get up to speed with'. At the moment I'm looking to get the hardcover volumes and from pictures I've seen so far they look ok. However, if some kind of special edition or really nicely presented collection is likely to come out (can't find note of any) then I would prefer to wait for that. I'm fairly new to comic books, so I'm not sure how likely that is. Any thoughts?
    The current hardcover volumes of Fables are the best available at the moment, their deluxe editions at the moment but they are oversized, the only potential "better" volumes that could come out would be a couple of omnibus, which will essentially just be 3 or 4 deluxe editions glued together a deluxe to omnibus transition is usually considered a "sidegrade" to most people as you dont get an increased page size and some people prefer slimmer volumes for ease of reading. An absolute editions which would be even bigger and in a slipcase but there is no sign of an Absolute edition from any of the advanced solicits we have or even any rumours of it coming in the next year or so, so I would say you'd be completely safe picking up the current deluxe editions

what drd said. I'd say absolutes are highly unlikely for such a long series and even if they released it that's a series dent in anyone's budget. Omnibus line maybe but not for a few years. I think a line of chunky paperbacks probably will start appearing in a year or two.
    Right now the deluxes are the most prestigious way to collect the series but AFAIK some of the are your average lackluster DC quality: tight glued binding with black cardboard cover under the dj. Not sure though.
    Personally I really enjoyed the series until the Mr Dark storyline then dropped the book because I couldn't care less about the Oz stuff. But the first big storyline that went up to like 50-60 issues was really damn good.

Thanks guys, appreciate it I think that I will definitely pick up volume 1 and just see how it goes.

Thanks guys, appreciate it I think that I will definitely pick up volume 1 and just see how it goes.
    oh also, the first story (first 5 or 6 issues) while good they are just a warm up to the series. It gets bigger and better after that.

I would love to have some big TPBs from Fables, easily to collect than 15 deluxe books... and I agree with Balakin, the first half of the story (until issue 75) is amazing! The second half has its problems, but contains one of the best arcs in my opinion (Cubs in Toyland, a brutal and heartbreaking story, included in Deluxe vol.13).
    And if you like the series, i recomend to read Jack of Fables (there's a deluxe edition coming, right?), a lighter spin-off about one of the main characters from the begin of the run.