Page 633 of 865 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 12974
    All-New Member

I'm asking here because you people seem knowledgeable. I have recently received an hardcover graphic novel that has a couple of dents on the cover edge. It's like it has been bumped onto something. The dents are on the edge of front cover, not on the dust-jacket (there is none). Is there a way to get rid of these dents? I have read people recommending to iron the book cover, at least to remove the creases around the dent, but I am really worried that the process might ruin it for good (it's a really expensive Sin city curator's collection signed edition). Any suggestion?

Go back to the seller and ask for a new copy. That's what I would do.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Do the IDW GI JOE Complete Collection hardcovers get reprinted when they go OOP? I have the first 3, but 4 and 5 are now going for hundreds on the secondary market. They went OOP maybe a month ago.
    I'm current on that run. I've yet to see IDW solicit a reprint for any volume in the series, same for Transformers.
    I make sure I get a series like that, in high volume count, as soon as possible upon release. Production numbers come down, availability more scarce as more start seeking them at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    what drd said. I'd say absolutes are highly unlikely for such a long series and even if they released it that's a series dent in anyone's budget. Omnibus line maybe but not for a few years. I think a line of chunky paperbacks probably will start appearing in a year or two.
    Right now the deluxes are the most prestigious way to collect the series but AFAIK some of the are your average lackluster DC quality: tight glued binding with black cardboard cover under the dj. Not sure though.
    Personally I really enjoyed the series until the Mr Dark storyline then dropped the book because I couldn't care less about the Oz stuff. But the first big storyline that went up to like 50-60 issues was really damn good.
    Just want to chime in and say that the deluxe editions do not have the black cardboard covers, but in fact they have really nice glossy printed covers with the same pictures as the dust jackets, just without the title. I owned the paperbacks and upgraded to the deluxe editions. It was a great decision.

Alex + Ada arrived today, kinda bummed it's not absolute-sized like Ultra, Girls, and Sword are. Oh well. Still excited to read it

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm current on that run. I've yet to see IDW solicit a reprint for any volume in the series, same for Transformers.
    I make sure I get a series like that, in high volume count, as soon as possible upon release. Production numbers come down, availability more scarce as more start seeking them at some point.
    Well, not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Sam View Post
    Just want to chime in and say that the deluxe editions do not have the black cardboard covers, but in fact they have really nice glossy printed covers with the same pictures as the dust jackets, just without the title. I owned the paperbacks and upgraded to the deluxe editions. It was a great decision.
    my bad......

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    It's a shame Moebius Library hardcover is not library-sized (as Hellboy and other books)

By the way, ivizzz, may I ask you to post more photos of the Fight Club 2 library? Is it worth buying?
    I'm pretty sure they never said the Moebius stuff was going to be Library Editions, only that they would be releasing stuff from the Moebius Library.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Alex + Ada arrived today, kinda bummed it's not absolute-sized like Ultra, Girls, and Sword are. Oh well. Still excited to read it
    It's still bigger than normal issue size though?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    It's still bigger than normal issue size though?
    Yeah, deuxe/ovserized like Omnibus books or OHC

Have finished Secret Warriors omni: mediocre at best, it's meh territory for me. Good art from time to time, but I don't understand why this story gets such a high praise but again people here have been saying how great Annihilation is, when for me is unreadable mess. Oh well, trade it is then.

Spectacular Member

Finished the first HC of East of West yesterday.

I liked it, but am not blown away. Art is good, and story has the potential to evolve quite rapidly and is quite fun. At the end of the book, instead of the usual bonus which we all know, i.e. a word from the artist and writer to say how they write and draw, there's a timeline and a presentation of the various 'nations', which is extremely useful. I wish I had known that coming in, I'd have read it after a few issues, and would have enjoyed the book more.

Will definitely pick up the second volume and am already looking forward to re-reading the first one with the extra info,

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post

I liked it, but am not blown away. Art is good, and story has the potential to evolve quite rapidly and is quite fun. At the end of the book, instead of the usual bonus which we all know, i.e. a word from the artist and writer to say how they write and draw, there's a timeline and a presentation of the various 'nations', which is extremely useful. I wish I had known that coming in, I'd have read it after a few issues, and would have enjoyed the book more.

Will definitely pick up the second volume and am already looking forward to re-reading the first one with the extra info,
    My friend lent me the floppies for Year Two, i.e. the second hardcover, and I liked it a bit more than Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post

Really? Enjoyed it quite a lot. Didn't have the same effect on me as Saga or Sherrif of Babylon, but still thought it was excellent. I do admit though that the background information does help and a second reading could indeed prove more interesting then. In that respect it's somewhat similar to Miller's Martha Washington.

Time for new books:

"Lance" is a beautiful US Western Strip from the 50s, and the Sundays show a major influence by Foster. But for some reason there isn't any English language edition out.