Page 638 of 865 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 12974

Out of all of the Jodoverse/Incal stories, I think the Metabarons is my favorite book. I tore through it.

Bouncer is my favorite Jodo series.

I really should read Bouncer, I have it for like a year or more. Son of the Gun just soured me on Jodo a bit. Still got Bouncer and White Lama after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Bouncer is my favorite Jodo series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I really should read Bouncer, I have it for like a year or more. Son of the Gun just soured me on Jodo a bit. Still got Bouncer and White Lama after that.
    Are there any English translations of Bouncer?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Are there any English translations of Bouncer?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Bounc...ywords=bouncer

It hasn't been translated completely.

Bouncer is great. Maybe the most down-to-earth work by Jodo. Son of the Gun was bad, White Lama is rather good - although I found the story to be very similar to The Technopriests.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Bouncer is great. Maybe the most down-to-earth work by Jodo. Son of the Gun was bad, White Lama is rather good - although I found the story to be very similar to The Technopriests.
    haven't read Technopriests and I feel like that's the least interesting part of that universe to me. They always seemed like one dimensional antagonists.

haven't read Technopriests and I feel like that's the least interesting part of that universe to me. They always seemed like one dimensional antagonists.
    Still haven't finished the Incal but I agree with this. I bought it anyway because the art looks great but in an Amazon review someone says it's the story of someone working their way up the ranks to stop them taking over the universe from within. Sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Still haven't finished the Incal but I agree with this. I bought it anyway because the art looks great but in an Amazon review someone says it's the story of someone working their way up the ranks to stop them taking over the universe from within. Sounds pretty cool.
    Hmm yeah that's actually an angle I can see work quite well

Latest: holiday reading like Conan, Attu, Prince Valiant.

The "Killer" slipcase is basically the opposite of the recent DKR and Watchmen ones: not only is it well produced, but the slipcase itself is actually too tight. After having read a few pages and putting the book back inside, I was hardly able to get it out again.

I finished The Incal. Like Lone Wolf And Cub the ending left me feeling a bit hollow but pleased because they are simple but universally complex at the same time. You can spend hours thinking about the end or just experience the feeling.

Watchmen didn't connect with me in the same way as the above two stories but I know it's a heightened book for lots of people and wonder if that left them feeling the same way as I feel about the ends of The Incal and Lone Wolf And Cub.

I don't think I'll ever say any of the ideas in The Incal are crazy now I've finished. They all seem to reflect a part of real life, no matter how out there they first seem, and serve a purpose in the story. Probably the most impressive piece of story weaving I've ever read.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I finished The Incal. Like Lone Wolf And Cub the ending left me feeling a bit hollow but pleased because they are simple but universally complex at the same time. You can spend hours thinking about the end or just experience the feeling.

Watchmen didn't connect with me in the same way as the above two stories but I know it's a heightened book for lots of people and wonder if that left them feeling the same way as I feel about the ends of The Incal and Lone Wolf And Cub.

I don't think I'll ever say any of the ideas in The Incal are crazy now I've finished. They all seem to reflect a part of real life, no matter how out there they first seem, and serve a purpose in the story. Probably the most impressive piece of story weaving I've ever read.
    I have been making all kinds of excuses not to jump into the jodoverse and you are systematically making that harder to uphold. I gotta quit this board, it's costing me way too much money!
    Now to convince myself not to go overboard on the coffee table editions because they exist and I do **** like that.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Just buy The Incal as a 'social experiment' lol.

Fair warning though, I read the first part and ordered all the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I have been making all kinds of excuses not to jump into the jodoverse and you are systematically making that harder to uphold. I gotta quit this board, it's costing me way too much money!
    Now to convince myself not to go overboard on the coffee table editions because they exist and I do **** like that.
    the nice thing with this is you can just have The Incal. If you like it you can buy Before the Incal but don't have to get Final Incal or Metabarons or Technopriests. But you can if you want but all of them are quite self contained.
    Well, since I haven't read Final Incal and Technopriests yet I'm not sure how much knowledge of the overall Jodo verse is necessary but I assume not much.

the nice thing with this is you can just have The Incal. If you like it you can buy Before the Incal but don't have to get Final Incal or Metabarons or Technopriests. But you can if you want but all of them are quite self contained.
    Well, since I haven't read Final Incal and Technopriests yet I'm not sure how much knowledge of the overall Jodo verse is necessary but I assume not much.
    And let's be honest, there's more story in The Incal than at least any 5+ Marvel or DC books combined anyway. The real collectors danger is the six massive books combined with knowing they are one completely resolved story.