Page 640 of 865 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 12974

oh! Almost forgot because it's Argentinian and a strip collection but The Eternaut is absolutely fantastic! 50's sci-fi invasion story and dark as hell. Worth reading about the author too, adds to the context. Highly recommended book!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    This one was a huge disappointment for me. Dunno why, it just didn't work at all and I was quite looking forward to it after loving Peter Pan.
    Really? I've read it before Peter Pan, and loved it. I'm currendly collecting an other story of him. But that one hasn't been translated yet. If I should translate the titel directly it would be called ' The big dead' in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would if vol1 of the omnibus would be in print. Sometimes I take a look at the individual hc's prices but some of them are always going for more than I'm willing to pay.
    I've sold my individual hc's for a good price and bought the first omnibus back. There will be two more. I don't know if they will translate it in English.

Final Incal turned up today. I know Jodorowsky is a genius in his own right but man, he had some seriously great artists. It doesn't have the emotional power or uniqueness of Moebius but it's some beautiful art in it's own way.

Does the giant Bone paperback hold up fairly well or disintegrate just by existing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Does the giant Bone paperback hold up fairly well or disintegrate just by existing?
    Mine has held up fine. The color hardcover is worth the upgrade though.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

You guys and all this "Incal" talk. You're killing me. I have to make an order next week, so I'm going to tack it on.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You guys and all this "Incal" talk. You're killing me. I have to make an order next week, so I'm going to tack it on.
    For my part, and I know I'm in the minority on this one, I was rather disappointed with the Incal. Sure the art is amazing, but the story was just too far out there for me. Like one big bad lsd trip. It all felt very impersonal, all plot, no character or heart. I don't know, maybe it demands a re-read to appreciate the finer points...

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    For my part, and I know I'm in the minority on this one, I was rather disappointed with the Incal. Sure the art is amazing, but the story was just too far out there for me. Like one big bad lsd trip. It all felt very impersonal, all plot, no character or heart. I don't know, maybe it demands a re-read to appreciate the finer points...
    You're not alone. Part of me wonders if it's the translation since I read it in English. I think maybe no particularly skilled translator was employed to do it since it's "just a graphic novel" and so the translation failed to capture emotional nuance. It reads extremely sterile and disconnected the way it is.

All-New Member

Has there been any word on when we might see the fourth Morning Glories Deluxe Hardcover?. It's been over two years now since vol 3, and still nothing in the March solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    You're not alone. Part of me wonders if it's the translation since I read it in English. I think maybe no particularly skilled translator was employed to do it since it's "just a graphic novel" and so the translation failed to capture emotional nuance. It reads extremely sterile and disconnected the way it is.
    I'm going to grab just "The Incal." If I don't like it, I'll probably throw it on Ebay and see if I can recoup 3/4 of the money. I believe it's around $30 on GCN right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GF15 View Post
    Has there been any word on when we might see the fourth Morning Glories Deluxe Hardcover?. It's been over two years now since vol 3, and still nothing in the March solicits.
    I think like most Image series, they were on a break for a while.. I mean Saga JUST got a Volume 2. Sex Criminals is still nowhere close to having a second Hardcover either.

The Morning Glories Vol 10 TPB only comes out in Jan. Id expect the fourth HC six months or so after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm going to grab just "The Incal." If I don't like it, I'll probably throw it on Ebay and see if I can recoup 3/4 of the money. I believe it's around $30 on GCN right now.
    What is GCN?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    What is GCN?
    Cheap graphic novels.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    What is GCN?
    my bad - spelled it wrong. CGN.