Page 641 of 865 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    my bad - spelled it wrong. CGN.
    Still don't know what you mean?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Still don't know what you mean?
    CheapGraphicNovels. A retailer in California

I will travel to New York next week, anyone can recommend good comicbook stores (with new and second and comics)? Also some tips to find a place to buy new or second hand DVD/Blu Ray would be nice. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    CheapGraphicNovels. A retailer in California
    Ah. Thanks. Didn't know that one.
    Last edited by JPAR; 12-22-2016 at 06:14 AM.

I'm going to grab just "The Incal." If I don't like it, I'll probably throw it on Ebay and see if I can recoup 3/4 of the money. I believe it's around $30 on GCN right now.
    that is exactly what i did

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I will travel to New York next week, anyone can recommend good comicbook stores (with new and second and comics)? Also some tips to find a place to buy new or second hand DVD/Blu Ray would be nice. Thanks in advance!
    The Strand bookstore at Union Square is great for old and new books, there is a large comic section on the second floor. St Marks comics has a section in the back full of old books. BookOff on 45th st has a lot of second hand graphic novels downstairs where you can sometimes get a bargain. Desert Island in Brooklyn is worth a visit, not really second hand stuff, but lots of indie. Jim Hanleys on 32nd st is a fairly standard comic book store that is worth a visit. If you are willing to travel a bit then Silver age comics in Astoria queens occasionally has books that have been out of print, it's easy to find as it is in the train station. Unoppressive non imperialist books in the west village has an interesting selection but their books are not always in the best condition. Then of course there are 3 Midtown Comics if you like a crowd, and Forbidden Planet is next door to the Strand.

BANNED

My pain is big... my government pulled down the free from customes tax amount froum 75 euros to 30 euros... I will have to pay a heavy tax for anything i will buy over 30 euros now... :/ just 30 euros... it's so low... :/ I already ordered The War of The Kings Omni before knowing the new customes tax free amount... and it will arrive at the end of the month or something like that and i will have to pay a heavy tax for it... :/ i hate my government... :/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    My pain is big... my government pulled down the free from customes tax amount froum 75 euros to 30 euros... I will have to pay a heavy tax for anything i will buy over 30 euros now... :/ just 30 euros... it's so low... :/ I already ordered The War of The Kings Omni before knowing the new customes tax free amount... and it will arrive at the end of the month or something like that and i will have to pay a heavy tax for it... :/ i hate my government... :/
    Are you sure this includes books? In most countries I think books are excluded from customs and VAT when importing.

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    Are you sure this includes books? In most countries I think books are excluded from customs and VAT when importing.
    Either way it's robbery. We're not far from governments making us pay a tax for the 'privilege' of paying taxes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Either way it's robbery. We're not far from governments making us pay a tax for the 'privilege' of paying taxes.
    Here in Norway we have to pay 25% VAT on items, books excluded, over 35 Euros (including postage!). That is the same % you pay on items bought domestically, so I can understand the logic of that. What pisses everybody off is that they have the nerve to charge a "handling fee" of something like 20 Euros for every item that requires customs!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Takachulo View Post
    I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about the book exclution before... and i hope so... actually when i think about it, i once bought 4 Sandman Absolutes and ready the heavy tax but customes charged no tax... i thought that was dumb luck but it might be a case of books exclution of customes tax. I hope the books are excluded dude, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I hear you... the taxes around here are just insane. We pay 2 times more for an iphone around here than its price in America... it's crazy and the even crazier thing is no one does anything about it... we are such a sheeples... so i guess we deserve this.:/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about the book exclution before... and i hope so... actually when i think about it, i once bought 4 Sandman Absolutes and ready the heavy tax but customes charged no tax... i thought that was dumb luck but it might be a case of books exclution of customes tax. I hope the books are excluded dude, that would be awesome.
    According to this books are free of taxes when importing to Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    The Strand bookstore at Union Square is great for old and new books, there is a large comic section on the second floor. St Marks comics has a section in the back full of old books. BookOff on 45th st has a lot of second hand graphic novels downstairs where you can sometimes get a bargain. Desert Island in Brooklyn is worth a visit, not really second hand stuff, but lots of indie. Jim Hanleys on 32nd st is a fairly standard comic book store that is worth a visit. If you are willing to travel a bit then Silver age comics in Astoria queens occasionally has books that have been out of print, it's easy to find as it is in the train station. Unoppressive non imperialist books in the west village has an interesting selection but their books are not always in the best condition. Then of course there are 3 Midtown Comics if you like a crowd, and Forbidden Planet is next door to the Strand.
    Many thanks for these tips Bantams, that's more than a day worth of shopping sorted out!

What's the advice for reading The Massive?
    I have the three Library Editions. Vol. 1-2 and the Ninth Wave.
    I've read Vol. 1 but I'm currently re-reading it (half way thru). The publication order for the Library Editions was 1, 9th, and 2. (I'm not sure of the floppies.)
    I recall Woods in an interview saying that the 9th was a prequel that's appreciated more after reading the regular series.
    Any thoughts?

What's the advice for reading The Massive?
    I have the three Library Editions. Vol. 1-2 and the Ninth Wave.
    I've read Vol. 1 but I'm currently re-reading it (half way thru). The publication order for the Library Editions was 1, 9th, and 2. (I'm not sure of the floppies.)
    I recall Woods in an interview saying that the 9th was a prequel that's appreciated more after reading the regular series.
    Any thoughts?
    Also has the complete series been collected? Or is there another LE on the way?