Page 644 of 865 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    and it doesn't get worse with a third i even listened to the audiobook, when i wanted to read the comic for a fourth time but didn't have the time. deprived myself of the art but at least saved some time and the cast's work was great.
    I'very read it twice and loaned out my books once. It is a definite re-read.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    and it doesn't get worse with a third i even listened to the audiobook, when i wanted to read the comic for a fourth time but didn't have the time. deprived myself of the art but at least saved some time and the cast's work was great.
    have you listened to other Joe Hill audiobooks? Loved NOS4A2 and so far Fireman is great too!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    have you listened to other Joe Hill audiobooks? Loved NOS4A2 and so far Fireman is great too!
    i've been meaning to for ages. their time will come!

Finally got around to reading Stray Bullets Uber Alles.

God damn that series is brutal. Fucking amazing stuff. Currently waiting on the follow up trade, Killers, to get to my house.

Wonder how he's going to collect Sunshine and Roses.

Also kinda bummed Lapham didn't include his short "Open the Goddam Box" from Dark Horses's "Noir" book in the Uber Alles
    Last edited by ER Prest; 01-12-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

God damn that series is brutal. Fucking amazing stuff. Currently waiting on the follow up trade, Killers, to get to my house.

Also kinda bummed Lapham didn't include his short "Open the Goddam Box" from Dark Horses's "Noir" book in the Uber Alles
    It's also missing the Amy Racecar Color Special (for the obvious reason)

Fantastic Member

Patiently awaiting Sunshine, too. It's over 20 issues and counting.

Fantastic Member

First post-xmas haul...

The Brubaker Cap Omni was an LCS used bin find. Got it for $50 CDN. The rest were new from Amazon...

I'm very tempted to buy this, but the paper quality and cover feel really bad.

Purchases from the past few weeks:

Franz (Drappier) should be considered one of the greatest French artists of the 1970s and 80s, imo, but he's sadly not that well-known elsewhere. His style could best be described as a cross between Hermann and Giraud/Moebius. Beautiful stuff.

Loud de Pluie is a more recent book by Ruben Pellejero. The cover doesn't look like much, but man, does he have a way with colours when you look at the actual artwork in the book. He's btw the artist who has been chosen to be the successor of Pratt on Corto Maltese. That alone should tell you how good his work is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I'm very tempted to buy this, but the paper quality and cover feel really bad.
    I don't know of there were subsequent printings, mines a first printing, but I think it's great for being a phone book paperback. I was a little impressed with the paper, not as thin as what Marvel uses these days

Fantastic Member

All my purchases from the two last months:

Some of the books were purchased at Bangkok: I was really surprised by the size of the main English bookstore. There are a lot of non-Marvel and non-DC graphic novels in Siam Paragon shopping mall, guys!

I don't know of there were subsequent printings, mines a first printing, but I think it's great for being a phone book paperback. I was a little impressed with the paper, not as thin as what Marvel uses these days
    I think if the cover had been of better stock it would have swayed me, but the whole package seemed too flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I think if the cover had been of better stock it would have swayed me, but the whole package seemed too flimsy.
    It's one of the toughest larger paperbacks I have and I'm a fan of massive, well priced books of that kind purely for the content/value ratio so I have a few. Maybe it was a bad copy you saw? Even if it was a terrible quality build it would still be worth it for the content.

It wasn't what I expected but all the better for it.

I finished Scalped last night. It wasn't the best ending I've ever read but it was a fitting one to an amazing series. I'm thinking of picking up Southern Bastards now, is it a no-brainer if I loved Scalped? Is the hardcover a good build that's worth the extra fiver?

I'm also thinking about picking up Maus. Anything that is so highly respected can sometimes leave me a little hesitant for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I finished Scalped last night. It wasn't the best ending I've ever read but it was a fitting one to an amazing series. I'm thinking of picking up Southern Bastards now, is it a no-brainer if I loved Scalped? Is the hardcover a good build that's worth the extra fiver?

I'm also thinking about picking up Maus. Anything that is so highly respected can sometimes leave me a little hesitant for a while.
    I found the first SB storyline to be fairly cliche but I enjoyed the second one. I'll buy the next tpb when it comes out.