Page 652 of 865 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Surprisingly, it IS being released as scheduled!
    good! wonder how long will it take though to show up in the UK (bu that's probably nothing to do with IDW)

Just finished the Bloodshot Reborn deluxe, best new valiant I have read, and I have read them all so far, can't wait for Bloodshot island

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished the Bloodshot Reborn deluxe, best new valiant I have read, and I have read them all so far, can't wait for Bloodshot island
    good to hear, so far Bloodshot was the least intriguing character for me based on the Harbinger wars issues (still got Reborn because it's Lemire and he usually delivers).

BTW what are our thoughts on Shadowman? Reading it right now and it has so much potential but Jordan just chooses to write him as a generic sunday afternoon late 90's superhero series. Although it greatly improved with the appearance of Dr. Mirage so I still have hopes for the series.

Where do you start with the Valiant universe. I've ordered Harbinger 1 and 2 deluxe, Rai 1 deluxe and Dr. Mirage deluxe so far. Should I order The Valiant first and start there? Wich ones do I need more? Bloodshot Reborn is on my list. And I would love to find Archer and Armstrong deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Where do you start with the Valiant universe. I've ordered Harbinger 1 and 2 deluxe, Rai 1 deluxe and Dr. Mirage deluxe so far. Should I order The Valiant first and start there? Wich ones do I need more? Bloodshot Reborn is on my list. And I would love to find Archer and Armstrong deluxe.
    I would love to get an A&A too but that thing is expensive.
    You will need Harbinger Wars between Harbinger vol 1 and 2. The deluxe collects issues 11-14 of Harbinger so you double dip a bit with the first Harbinger deluxe but not much.
    I've started with Doctor Mirage and it's a standalone title so you are fine with that. I would highly recommend Ivar, that seems like a done and done story and it features Armstrong and the Eternal warrior but you don't have to read those.
    The Valiant as far as I know comes after events like Armor Hunters (which I don't have yet so not sure) and Harbinger War but before Bloodshot Reborn (in fact I think you have to read The Valiant before BR).
    I think Divinity is a standalone story too.

There is a Unity deluxe but that thing is confusing as hell with all the events and double dips so I don't really plan to buy it.

You can start with either Harbinger, Mirage or Ivar but Harbinger ties heavily into the greater VU.

Thanks. So I need to buy more I thought Harbinger Wars was a crossover story that I didn't need to read to follow the story.

Thanks. So I need to buy more I thought Harbinger Wars was a crossover story that I didn't need to read to follow the story.
    nah it's essential. The Bloodshot parts of the crossover are nonessential but you can't really skip them either. It's a good story but IMHO they made the wrong decisions by including Bloodshot but only using the title to show the same events from a different angle.
    Also Harbinger continues as Imperium after the 2nd dlx but that title has no dlx announcement yet only 4 trades.

I would start with the Valiant trinity of Harbinger, X-O and Bloodshot to get a feel of the Valiant Universe, everything else I have read could almost be stand alone, Archer and Armstrong was my favourite from Valiant back in the 90's and the new version is pretty good, never really liked Ninjak, it seemed dated back then and even more so now, but I have only read him in guest appearances, not in his own title so it may be better. I can't even remember what happened in Shadowman, which is a shame as with Darque they had an excellent villain which was a big enough threat to be used over multiple titles back in the olden days.

Quantum and Woody was shit back then and still is.

I have the new Dr Mirage but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

BTW what are our thoughts on Shadowman? Reading it right now and it has so much potential but Jordan just chooses to write him as a generic sunday afternoon late 90's superhero series. Although it greatly improved with the appearance of Dr. Mirage so I still have hopes for the series.
    After Q & W possibly the weakest entry, but as you said, as it is the main mystical title, with possibly the best Valiant villain (Darque, even better than Harada) it should be a lot better

I would start with the Valiant trinity of Harbinger, X-O and Bloodshot to get a feel of the Valiant Universe, everything else I have read could almost be stand alone, Archer and Armstrong was my favourite from Valiant back in the 90's and the new version is pretty good, never really liked Ninjak, it seemed dated back then and even more so now, but I have only read him in guest appearances, not in his own title so it may be better. I can't even remember what happened in Shadowman, which is a shame as with Darque they had an excellent villain which was a big enough threat to be used over multiple titles back in the olden days.

Quantum and Woody was shit back then and still is.

I have the new Dr Mirage but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
    do you think the old A&A series that's in the classic omnibus still holds up?

Exactly what I wanted to ask

Was it BWS on art? I was thinking of getting the omni, but it is supposed to be standard sized art on oversized paper, so it has big borders around it, it's a tough one, remember loving it (as I did with all valiant stuff) but you know my tastes a bit by now and I may find it a bit of a bore, hell I remember absolutely loving Animal Man when it came out, but I just about managed to get through the omni recently before I sold it.

I'm finding more and more, that unlike books, comics don't stand the test of time, which disappoints me

Was it BWS on art? I was thinking of getting the omni, but it is supposed to be standard sized art on oversized paper, so it has big borders around it, it's a tough one, remember loving it (as I did with all valiant stuff) but you know my tastes a bit by now and I may find it a bit of a bore, hell I remember absolutely loving Animal Man when it came out, but I just about managed to get through the omni recently before I sold it.

I'm finding more and more, that unlike books, comics don't stand the test of time, which disappoints me
    weird, I love Animal man the more I read it. On the other hand Terminal City I think goes on the sale pile, even though I liked the concept (I remember you said you quite liked it back when it came out). It might just be your changing taste and the fact that lots of comics rely on their gimmicks but when you get used to the gimmick there is not much behind it.
    IMHO there is still a lot of timeless comic books out there.

I think the A&A omnibus doesn't have the big borders, that was only the X-o one. Maybe Q&W too?

I've just ordered Harbinger Wars.

Do you really think they won't reprint the OOP ones?

Spectacular Member

weird, I love Animal man the more I read it. On the other hand Terminal City I think goes on the sale pile, even though I liked the concept (I remember you said you quite liked it back when it came out). It might just be your changing taste and the fact that lots of comics rely on their gimmicks but when you get used to the gimmick there is not much behind it.
    IMHO there is still a lot of timeless comic books out there.

I think the A&A omnibus doesn't have the big borders, that was only the X-o one. Maybe Q&W too?
    The Q&W omnibus has oversized art, no big borders like X-O, IIRC (I read it a while a go though, and can't check right now to be 100% sure)