Page 660 of 865 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Who the hell is Rai? MAybe he popped up for a panel in Ivar in the background but other than that I've seen no hint to him in other books.
    Rai is the only Valiant title i read, well, sort of - only read Matt Kindt's first tpb and was going to wait for the deluxe, then forgot about it and now it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    Rai is the only Valiant title i read, well, sort of - only read Matt Kindt's first tpb and was going to wait for the deluxe, then forgot about it and now it's too late.
    it might be good, I just keep forgetting about him. Although so far I'm not that impressed with Kindt. He isn't bad but most people made me believe everything he touches instantly turns to gold but he is just a strong average so far.

Mighty Member

^Rai takes place in the year 4001, probably why you haven't seen him pop up lol. It's a good read i recommend it, and it leads into the 4001 A.D. event HC that is coming out in April

One thing valiant like to do is play around in these past, present and future timelines. They can get away with that because of some of their immortal characters (ani padda bros in particular)
    Last edited by awayne83; 02-18-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^Rai takes place in the year 4001, probably why you haven't seen him pop up lol. It's a good read i recommend it, and it leads into the 4001 A.D. event HC that is coming out in April

One thing valiant like to do is play around in these past, present and future timelines. They can get away with that because of some of their immortal characters (ani padda bros in particular)
    do I have to read Rai for 4001 AD? Because if I have to I probably won't get the 4001 AD dlx until I give up my principles and get the Rai trades then.

Mighty Member

do I have to read Rai for 4001 AD? Because if I have to I probably won't get the 4001 AD dlx until I give up my principles and get the Rai trades then.
    I haven't read it so i cant say for certain, but i believe the next arc of Rai (after the 1st hc) and the event alternate issues (like armor hunters and xo did) so you would definitely benefit from the first couple arcs, just so you'd have an understanding of the current status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Still a bit hesistant on the Stray Bullets and Bone paperbacks. I can't imagine those spines holding up after a second read. And the HC for the latter is too pricey for me. I definitely hope they do deluxes for Stray Bullets.

My stray bullets held up just fine after reading it honestly.

And I found a copy of the Bone colored hardcover for about 60 bucks which was a steal

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I haven't read it so i cant say for certain, but i believe the next arc of Rai (after the 1st hc) and the event alternate issues (like armor hunters and xo did) so you would definitely benefit from the first couple arcs, just so you'd have an understanding of the current status quo
    dangit...
    thanks!

substitute for the Bone colour hc could be the library binding for the black and white all in one version. Not perfect but at least the spine won't be destroyed.

I actually quite liked Harbinger wars outside of the Bloodshot stuff and HArbinger v2 was maybe even stronger. So far I'm deluxe only with Valiant and the fact that A&A is oop really bugs me, the other two I don't care about at all. Who the hell is Rai? MAybe he popped up for a panel in Ivar in the background but other than that I've seen no hint to him in other books. Book of Death is probably good? Still, A&A or at least Armstrong are quite regular players so I really wish I could get that deluxe.

From Jodo Bouncer seems to be the other must read, aldo White Lama. One of these days I will finally read my hcs, I'm quite intrigued by both, I just need to get into the mood.
    Other Humanoids books I liked were: District 14, Millennium, Crusades.
    I see those on Amazon across different titles but I always hesitate cause I don't know they look.
    I don't see why they wouldn't keep any of those in print when they reprinted the first X-O. They only have so many titles anyway. I know if I go down the deluxe route I'll be blowing a crapton of money just getting them all. The current Humble Bundle is tempting and doesn't make it any easier to switch formats.
    You mean The White Lama and Bouncer correct? I'll put those on my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    My stray bullets held up just fine after reading it honestly.

And I found a copy of the Bone colored hardcover for about 60 bucks which was a steal
    I remember back in fall Midtown did a huge clearance and SB was one of those books that had like an 80% discount, regret not snatching it at that price.
    Nice!
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 02-18-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I remember back in fall Midtown did a huge clearance and SB was one of those books that had like an 80% discount, regret not snatching it at that price.
    Nice!
    WOW. That would have been an amazing price. 41 issues for like 12 bucks? I would have bought a second one

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    WOW. That would have been an amazing price. 41 issues for like 12 bucks? I would have bought a second one
    They had some CRAZY deals. Private Eye, Kid Eternity, Starjammers, Wayward, Sandman Overture, Dial H, Deadly Class, We Stand on Guard, Godland 2-3, Five Ghosts, Peter Panzerfaust, Iron Fist Comp Collection 1, Plutona, all for 60-80 percent off. I think even a 1 or 2 of the OOP The Boys Definitive Editions went up for deep discounts too. Some people on the FB group snatched them up before I got a chance.

I see those on Amazon across different titles but I always hesitate cause I don't know they look.
    I don't see why they wouldn't keep any of those in print when they reprinted the first X-O. They only have so many titles anyway. I know if I go down the deluxe route I'll be blowing a crapton of money just getting them all. The current Humble Bundle is tempting and doesn't make it any easier to switch formats.
    You mean The White Lama and Bouncer correct? I'll put those on my wishlist.

Nice!
    yeah those two, I meant to type "also" They are very different books though, White Lama is more trippy as far as I know.
    The Library bindings are okay, obviously not proper hc quality, it's flimsier but in case of thick volumes like Bone at least it prevents the spine from creasing.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'd never read any of the Ennis Punisher MAX until they started the complete collections last year. I've now finished all four volumes of his run and it's worth every bit of praise it's been given over the years. Excellent stories, I really enjoyed them all. I haven't picked up the fifth volume yet, that I think has multiple writers, but probably will at some point since they are continuing this complete line through Aaron's run, which I also haven't read.
    Ennis's run on Punisher is amazing, from welcome back Frank to the Max books. Amazing work.

Just found out Punisher omni will get reprint. I have 3 OHC's covering MK series. Is there something else in omni what I wouldn't find in OHC's? I'd rather keep 3 books but if I'm missing lots of material, maybe I'll upgrade.

@up - Max series is best run in comics. Aaron'r run is surprisingly on the same level.

yeah those two, I meant to type "also" They are very different books though, White Lama is more trippy as far as I know.
    The Library bindings are okay, obviously not proper hc quality, it's flimsier but in case of thick volumes like Bone at least it prevents the spine from creasing.

It was more like I read "From Jodo Bouncer" as the title, stupid me aha.
    That's not too bad actually! Would be better if the pages were attached to the spine, but oh well.