Page 664 of 865 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I always thiugh Cerberus started off well but then went to shit about half way or two-thirds of the way through. The biographies were pretentious and the final issue kind of dumb. My opinion of course. LOL
    Exactly this

Also, halfway through Ninjak deluxe vol 1 and as far as I'm concerned Valiant have released another top class book, wasn't expecting a great deal from this as I never really thought the original Ninjak was that good, it was a little cheesy, but this, very much recommended.
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 02-26-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Fantastic Member

New stuff! Still have Uzumaki, Lazarus Vol 2, and another Barks box set on the way...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

You're in for a treat when you read those Captain America books
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Exactly this

Also, halfway through Ninjak deluxe vol 1 and as far as I'm concerned Valiant have released another top class book, wasn't expecting a great deal from this as I never really thought the original Ninjak was that good, it was a little cheesy, but this, very much recommended.
    I'm a bit disappointed in it. It's good but I think Kindt lets him rely too much on his gadgets. At this point he is almost Iron man, he is completely wired with all kinds of nano tech and basically most of his spying and fighting barely requires ninja skills, the gadgets do everything for him. I think it would be much more exciting with low tech stuff and more ninja shenanigans.

Also, don't read the last story in the deluxe if you don't want to spoil Shadowman dlx v2 for yourself! Bit of a publishing order f#&@ up there from Valiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed in it. It's good but I think Kindt lets him rely too much on his gadgets. At this point he is almost Iron man, he is completely wired with all kinds of nano tech and basically most of his spying and fighting barely requires ninja skills, the gadgets do everything for him. I think it would be much more exciting with low tech stuff and more ninja shenanigans.

Also, don't read the last story in the deluxe if you don't want to spoil Shadowman dlx v2 for yourself! Bit of a publishing order f#&@ up there from Valiant.
    Too late, actually the second arc with Shadowman was a bit of a let down after the first arc

Also I'm not a big ninja fan
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 02-28-2017 at 05:39 AM.

So I finally got to reading my teenage mutant ninja turtles idw collection vol 1. (the ongoing series) And ive been loving it. Unfortuntly vol 2 is oop but a few places still have it for cover, while vol 3 and 4 are still available. My question is does the story have the same quality through out? or does it get better or start to drop off at a certain point? Id like to pick up the remaining 3 volumes but hate to have it end up being a waste. Although I have a feeling from what ive read so far that its building up to some large storys.

And those of you who have all 4 volumes, or even just vol 2 is the build quality the same? I know the first printing of vol 1 had some issues, luckily I got the second printing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So I finally got to reading my teenage mutant ninja turtles idw collection vol 1. (the ongoing series) And ive been loving it. Unfortuntly vol 2 is oop but a few places still have it for cover, while vol 3 and 4 are still available. My question is does the story have the same quality through out? or does it get better or start to drop off at a certain point? Id like to pick up the remaining 3 volumes but hate to have it end up being a waste. Although I have a feeling from what ive read so far that its building up to some large storys.

And those of you who have all 4 volumes, or even just vol 2 is the build quality the same? I know the first printing of vol 1 had some issues, luckily I got the second printing.
    IDW TMNT just gets better, and better...... And better.

the build quality is consistently better than the first printing. And if you don't like them just wait a year and you can sell them over cover probably.

Mighty Member

I agree with drd, I've enjoyed the series more as it's gone on. I think all the one shots in the first volume and a half or so, while vital to the overall story, bogged down the main narrative a bit. Still happy to have everything included, of course.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Exactly this

Yeah after the first arc it went downhill for me. I dont mind the gadgets and such (i mean he's valiants batman) but could do with less mystical/otherworldly nonsense. That's not what i read ninjak for. Leave that for shawdowman, etc

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    IDW TMNT just gets better, and better...... And better.
    This. Probably an underrated gem on the shelves month-in-month-out.
    It should get more praise but since IDW is not having a Turtle-verse shattering event every 18 months spanning 20 titles this books tight and consistent story telling isn't as broadly known as it should be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah after the first arc it went downhill for me. I dont mind the gadgets and such (i mean he's valiants batman) but could do with less mystical/otherworldly nonsense. That's not what i read ninjak for. Leave that for shawdowman, etc
    I enjoy and still am enjoying Ninjak. Yes, he's essentially's VALIANT's Batman. His stories in Deadside are designed to be a gateway towards rehabbing Shadowman. Sadly VEI has to do that cause they butchered his launch out of the gate with the other 2012 launches. So far it looks like their steady "rebirth" of Jack Boniface is shaping up nicely.

Let's be honest though, Batman has had his interactions with Etrigan the Demon, Ragman, Swamp Thing, Solomon Grundy, Deadman, Morgan LeFey and a host of other mystical/magical and supernatural stories that are "outside" the regular street level psychological foes he's classically known to encounter. Didn't make any of those less fun....same with Ninjak for me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Agreed. But dealing with it out of the gate so to speak is the problem i have. Batman's got decades of stories. And from solicits, it seems Ninjak is still involved with these threads moving forward. Maybe it was mandate (as you said to prop up shadowman) or maybe that's just where kindt wanted to go, but i hope the new writer goes in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Agreed. But dealing with it out of the gate so to speak is the problem i have. Batman's got decades of stories. And from solicits, it seems Ninjak is still envolvedwith these threads moving forward. Maybe it was mandate (as you said to prop up shadowman) or maybe that's just where kindt wanted to go, but i hope the new writer goes in a different direction.
    Will Ninjak get a new writer? Honestly, I know everyone loves Kindt and maybe he just got overhyped for me but I really don't see why he is a the bees knees nowadays. The only thing I really liked from him was The Valiant and that was co written with Lemire. Everything else was just okay. Nothing horrible but nothing outsanding either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Will Ninjak get a new writer? Honestly, I know everyone loves Kindt and maybe he just got overhyped for me but I really don't see why he is a the bees knees nowadays. The only thing I really liked from him was The Valiant and that was co written with Lemire. Everything else was just okay. Nothing horrible but nothing outsanding either.
    The newest solicits had a different writer, but there was no announcement surprisingly. I'm assuming its not some one off deal