Page 673 of 865 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 12974

Everyones wallet

I've allready pre-ordered the new library edition.

Latest: Got me a hankerin' for superheros again...

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest: Got me a hankerin' for superheros again...

niiiiiiiceeee!
    Especially the Kaluta book, I'll keep an eye on that, haven't read any Sturstruck but obviously it's Kaluta so it's probably gorgeous.
    Are you enjoying the N52 stuff? I remember you bought a few before, JLA and Superman. Very few N52 books clicked with me, mostly the obvious series that everyone loves like Johns' Aquaman or Lemire's GA.
    Also Trinity! Nothing earth shattering but a damn fun book!
    Also also Valiant! I have to confess X-o wasn't my favourite at the start but it sucked me in as it went on. Are you planning to try other Valiant titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    niiiiiiiceeee!
    Especially the Kaluta book, I'll keep an eye on that, haven't read any Sturstruck but obviously it's Kaluta so it's probably gorgeous.
    Are you enjoying the N52 stuff? I remember you bought a few before, JLA and Superman. Very few N52 books clicked with me, mostly the obvious series that everyone loves like Johns' Aquaman or Lemire's GA.
    Also Trinity! Nothing earth shattering but a damn fun book!
    Also also Valiant! I have to confess X-o wasn't my favourite at the start but it sucked me in as it went on. Are you planning to try other Valiant titles?
    Starstruck is definitely gorgeous. The story is a bit out there (think 1970s Heavy Metal Moebius or Druillet), but the art is worth the price of admission alone.
    Haven't read much New52 works so far, or many superhero books in general over the last couple of years. What I've read was fine. Nothing earth shattering, but fun.
    X-O Manowar was good. Was a bit disappointed in the art. Having only seen Nord's art for Conan so far, I expected it to be similar. Which it wasn't. I might pick up some more Valiant, but it's not a priority since this didn't blow me away. I will however certainly get a collection of Giorello's X-O. I've seen a few preview pages and it's stunning. On par with his Conan (btw, I hope DH will publish an oversized collection of Kinf Conan now that the series is done).

Starstruck is definitely gorgeous. The story is a bit out there (think 1970s Heavy Metal Moebius or Druillet), but the art is worth the price of admission alone.
    Haven't read much New52 works so far, or many superhero books in general over the last couple of years. What I've read was fine. Nothing earth shattering, but fun.
    X-O Manowar was good. Was a bit disappointed in the art. Having only seen Nord's art for Conan so far, I expected it to be similar. Which it wasn't. I might pick up some more Valiant, but it's not a priority since this didn't blow me away. I will however certainly get a collection of Giorello's X-O. I've seen a few preview pages and it's stunning. On par with his Conan (btw, I hope DH will publish an oversized collection of Kinf Conan now that the series is done).
    While Valiant can be very interconnected there are some standalone stuff that are very different. I really enjoyed Ivar as a Doctor Who fan fic but actually better written than some of the DW episodes that involve intricate time travel plots.
    Also for the interconnected series I think Harbinger is better than X-o.

A few pages from the Starstruck AE:

dang!
    and yeah that has a very European feel to it. Beautiful! Although I might just go with the oversized tpb since I still get the oversized art and I'm not sure if I want to pay a 100 quid (not like I didn't do that before)
    I know I say that every time when Kaluta comes up but where the hell are the collections of his work? Like...COUGH COUGH ...Shadow...COUGH COUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    dang!
    and yeah that has a very European feel to it. Beautiful!
    I know I say that every time when Kaluta comes up but where the hell are the collections of his work? Like...COUGH COUGH ...Shadow...COUGH COUGH!
    Yup. I'd love to have a nice oversized HC of his Shadow (and Sienkiewicz's as well).

Read Civil War II. Gotta say, THAT was a waste of time and money. I mean the art is great, and I usually like Bendis. But this? So many contrived and forced plot points. It made me wonder why they were fighting each other that hard. I also didn't become invested with any one character there. Plus the stakes weren't nearly as high as those of the original Civil War series (which also wasn't perfect, but so much better.), which didn't help.

Read Civil War II. Gotta say, THAT was a waste of time and money. I mean the art is great, and I usually like Bendis. But this? So many contrived and forced plot points. It made me wonder why they were fighting each other that hard. I also didn't become invested with any one character there. Plus the stakes weren't nearly as high as those of the original Civil War series (which also wasn't perfect, but so much better.), which didn't help.
    Ha ha...oh boy . .. 3... 2.. .1. ...

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha...oh boy . .. 3... 2.. .1. ...
    Can't argue, Civil War II stunk compared to CW 1, which got me back into comics after a break from 2001-2005 or so.

The writers even said they were basically told "HEY! MOVIE COMING OUT! COME UP WITH A SEQUEL!" Which was basically "Let's rip off Minority Report and call it a day."

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Can't argue, Civil War II stunk compared to CW 1, which got me back into comics after a break from 2001-2005 or so.

The writers even said they were basically told "HEY! MOVIE COMING OUT! COME UP WITH A SEQUEL!" Which was basically "Let's rip off Minority Report and call it a day."
    I'm not saying you're wrong but I'd like to see where you read that. I find it hard to believe any writer, let alone Bendis - who seems pretty proud - admitting something like that. Is that the reason? Yeah, maybe. But to admit it? Lame. (and yes definitely similarities with minority report although i think even that was based off of a novel or something.)
    Last edited by TomSlick; 03-27-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Latest:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest:
    Every time you post a haul and I can see the spine of these Starman Omnibuses I die a little
    Last edited by Stargasm; 03-30-2017 at 12:33 AM.