Page 675 of 865 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725775 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 12974
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Some upcoming Image hardcovers

Southern Bastards

The Goddamned

Low

Luthor Strode
    I have been waiting for a Low HC announcement. Finally... I will definetly get Low and Southern Bastards HCs. I hope The Low is oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I have been waiting for a Low HC announcement. Finally... I will definetly get Low and Southern Bastards HCs. I hope The Low is oversized.
    I think it will be 'Remendersized' Just like the rest.

Just ordered (without knowing anything about them) the Grayson Superspy, Darkseid War, Darth Vader, and Batman & Robin by Tomasi & Gleason omni's, are they good blind buys?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I think it will be 'Remendersized' Just like the rest.
    lol

I didn't know everything Remender was as big as The Deadly Class HC (i only have it for now) but knowing that now, my priority changed to get every Remender HC lol cause i love how big my Deadly Class HC is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just ordered (without knowing anything about them) the Grayson Superspy, Darkseid War, Darth Vader, and Batman & Robin by Tomasi & Gleason omni's, are they good blind buys?
    Everyone who ever read The Grayson says it is superb. (i have the trades but i haven't read them yet) I will upgrade to Omni too. I haven't read Darkseid War too but i heard mixed things about it but everything i read from Geoff Johns was great so i have faith in it. I plan to wait for a Geoff Johns JLA Omni though, if they ever make one, it will have The Darkseid War in it. You can't go wrong with Darth Vader ! i haven't read it in any other format but i already can't wait for Darth Vader Omni It will be awesome, come on, it's Darth Vader !
    Batman and Robin by Tomasi & Gleason was ok as far as i read. I don't plan to upgrade my regular HCs to Omni though. If i have somekind of HC edition already, i'm satisfied so i won't bother.
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-31-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Incredible Member

I;ve read all of those in one format or another and they are 'll great books? Did you pre-order the Darth Vader omni or pick up the two OHCs? Its yet another case where marvel have glued two OHC together and attempted to charge more than the sum of the two books (see Hawkeye, Ms Marvel etc).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So, I'm guessing the Southern Bastards hc isn't going to be oversized since the first one wasn't either
    I hope it won't be oversized, otherwise shelf OCD will go through the roof.
    I've seen Jason Latour tweet before that the book was intended to be printed in standard size and would likely never be printed larger.

B&R is great, one of the best from N52.

Incredible Member

Isn't ordering blind buy books a bit of a risk? suppose you end up not liking it and then getting only less than half off if you decide to sell it or trade it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    I've seen Jason Latour tweet before that the book was intended to be printed in standard size and would likely never be printed larger.
    Well.I'm not planning on buying it, or the first. I'll just buy the trades if they never release an ohc version of it
    Last edited by ER Prest; 03-31-2017 at 02:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    You really liked it huh... I thought The Big Burn was great (and i read the run till there so far) but the rest was just ok. I say ok cause even if i don't like Batman's killing and gun tolerant of Jason and Damian, i don't care enough about any super hero stuff to complain. lol Aspecially death of damian... i was rolling my eyes to bruce's pain lol just put him in the Lazarus pit. lol and he was resuracted already when i was reading that famous silent issue so i was double eye rolling... lol but it was okish, i mean what do you expect...
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-31-2017 at 01:49 PM.

people seem to LOVE Gillen's Vader series, like really really love it. I'm a SW purist, only the movies exist for me and only the ones I liked (Force Awakens was good enough but the prequels and R1 are not cannon ).

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I;ve read all of those in one format or another and they are 'll great books? Did you pre-order the Darth Vader omni or pick up the two OHCs? Its yet another case where marvel have glued two OHC together and attempted to charge more than the sum of the two books (see Hawkeye, Ms Marvel etc).
    Pre-ordered the omni, may be more than the 2 ohc's but nicer on the shelf

Haven't read any Batman in a while, so looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Isn't ordering blind buy books a bit of a risk? suppose you end up not liking it and then getting only less than half off if you decide to sell it or trade it somewhere.
    It can be, but I have done it plenty of times before, I have lost some money but not loads

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    people seem to LOVE Gillen's Vader series, like really really love it. I'm a SW purist, only the movies exist for me and only the ones I liked (Force Awakens was good enough but the prequels and R1 are not cannon ).
    I remember reading a Star Wars book that DH put out years ago, can't remember what it was called or what it was about so it obviously impressed me, but as you say, lots of people rave about it, so I'll give it a go.

I may give darkseid war a miss, didn't know it was by Johns, not a big fan

Mighty Member

Shame. There's some good stuff in canon you're missing out on across the various mediums.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I can be.

Vader was great. Read it as floppies. Really captures his voice (no pun intended)

Does anyone know why Dark Horse's Usagi Yojimbo Saga volume 1 collects the 2nd series and the start of the 3rd series(books 8-10)? Why were the first 7 reprinted by Fantagraphics? Is the Special Edition by Fanta the same size as the Saga books from Dark Horse?