Page 677 of 865 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687727777 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha....Yeah, not a big fan of her DD or anything she wrote for that matter.
    How could you not be a fan of Ann "I had never read a Green Arrow comic, so I read his Wikipedia entry! ... I don’t really get a sense of who he is at all." Nocenti, how could someone like that ever end up writing a bad comic....

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    How could you not be a fan of Ann "I had never read a Green Arrow comic, so I read his Wikipedia entry! ... I don’t really get a sense of who he is at all." Nocenti, how could someone like that ever end up writing a bad comic....
    Holy shit. I wish you hadn't shown me that link. I read it. I feel so much dumber now.

Have any of you read the Joe Hill Graphic Novel Collection? I got a great deal on Ebay for the OHC. Just read the first three stories. They're actually written by someone else. Not sure if their Hill's ideas or what.

Regardless, they're really, really good, especially The Cape. Wow, twisted shit.

Going to start on the final two (which are penned by Hill) tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Have any of you read the Joe Hill Graphic Novel Collection? I got a great deal on Ebay for the OHC. Just read the first three stories. They're actually written by someone else. Not sure if their Hill's ideas or what.

Regardless, they're really, really good, especially The Cape. Wow, twisted shit.

Going to start on the final two (which are penned by Hill) tonight.
    wait what? I've read the first Cape mini when it came out and really liked it but Hill's name was all over it. I'm too lazy to pull out my copy of the deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    wait what? I've read the first Cape mini when it came out and really liked it but Hill's name was all over it. I'm too lazy to pull out my copy of the deluxe.
    Yeah, script by Jason ciaramella (sp). Jason also writes the intro which is kind of a cool intro about how Joe Hill helped him out.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    it's a great all ages story with good mythology, long form storytelling and fun characters. It's a bit like a Disney cartoon mixed with Lord of the rings. Like if Ducktales had a take on LoTR.
    Also excellent cartooning.

I have a question too: So I'm reading the Sunstone deluxe and it is effin great! I've never ever been into erotic comics but this won me over big time. I'm now considering trying out Empowered but the first deluxe is massively oop. But I've also heard that the start of that series is mostly short stories and it gets better later.

So any advice on what should I get ?
    Vol 1 tpb?
    Vol 2 dlx?
    A later tpb volume? like vol 3?

Is it gonna be good follow up to Sunstone?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Essential. Buy.

Fantastic Member

Yeah Bone is good stuff. Sort of Carl Barks meets Lord of the Rings...

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's a great all ages story with good mythology, long form storytelling and fun characters. It's a bit like a Disney cartoon mixed with Lord of the rings. Like if Ducktales had a take on LoTR.
    Also excellent cartooning.

I have a question too: So I'm reading the Sunstone deluxe and it is effin great! I've never ever been into erotic comics but this won me over big time. I'm now considering trying out Empowered but the first deluxe is massively oop. But I've also heard that the start of that series is mostly short stories and it gets better later.

So any advice on what should I get ?
    Vol 1 tpb?
    Vol 2 dlx?
    A later tpb volume? like vol 3?

Is it gonna be good follow up to Sunstone?

I just read the first 8 volumes of Empowered. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything amazing. There are a couple parts that made me laugh. The first volume is just a series of really short stories that are tied together. But they do lay some of the groundwork for the rest of the series so i don't think i would skip it.

I would say your best bet would be to either try the series out digitally and then go back and buy it. Or the paper back version of vol 1 is really cheap used so you could try it out that way.

I read Bone a few months ago and I couldn't put it down. LotR vibes is pretty accurate. And the art just gets better too.

RASL is excellent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I just read the first 8 volumes of Empowered. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything amazing. There are a couple parts that made me laugh. The first volume is just a series of really short stories that are tied together. But they do lay some of the groundwork for the rest of the series so i don't think i would skip it.

I would say your best bet would be to either try the series out digitally and then go back and buy it. Or the paper back version of vol 1 is really cheap used so you could try it out that way.
    thanks I might give v1 a try. I've seen a review of Empowered the other day and it looked like fun and Sunstone left me wanting more of this type of story and both seemed to be dealing with similar themes (although Sunstone is much much more realistic).

Fantastic Member

Re: BONE...quick question for anyone who might know. I have the 9 individual paperback volumes. I see there is a three volume hardcover set (each volume containing 3 of the smaller volumes). I just wonder, are those HC volumes any bigger than the paperback volumes (other than the obvious extra thickness of the books)? I've learned to not trust the dimensions Amazon lists for books...

All-New Member

Please provide a link to these 3 in 1 Bone volumes. I've had the trades, hardcovers and brick versions. I've never seen a 3 in 1 ENGLISH hardcover version.

To the best of my knowledge, boneville.com doesn't even sell that.

Thanks.

Fantastic Member

https://www.amazon.ca/Bone-Epic-Conc...one+jeff+smith

Am I misunderstanding and that's just a collection of three seperate smaller hardcovers?
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 04-05-2017 at 07:50 PM.