Page 678 of 865 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728778 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 12974
    All-New Member

I have never seen these. I can't believe they made the giant book, which I find hard to read, and didn't rerelease these. Thanks.

Edit: Looks like these were only made in Canada. That's why I've never seen them.

Scholastic Canada LTD.

http://www.scholastic.ca/titles/bone/books.htm
    Last edited by briar; 04-05-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yep, it's strange because I only bought the paperbacks a few months ago and I don't recall these volumes showing up in my browsing at the time. I've gone ahead and ordered the set since the prices are not bad at all and it does sound like they are at least a bit larger page size than the paperbacks...which I'll likely flip eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Best long for m comic I have ever read.

I'm not a fan of fantasy book but this is probably one or the most enjoyable stories I have eve read, amazing characterization, great art and so well structured. One of the few books I have that I know I will read again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    really? link please?
    https://www.amazon.com/Astounding-Wo...n%3A7421485011

awesome! Thank you!

Need help with Sinister Dexter by Abnett. Basically looking for complete collections with all of them, checked Amazon but there are too many editions and I'm getting confused now.

Latest:

^^^
    well that's a nice eclectic lot but...Onslaught?
    Also, Morrison's JLA! Love that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ^^^
    well that's a nice eclectic lot but...Onslaught?
    Also, Morrison's JLA! Love that series.
    Heh, yeah. I wasn't reading any Marvel back in the mid-90s, but I do love me some cheesecake books. I thoroughly enjoyed the AoA Omni, so I gave it a shot (paid 45€ for it). And so far, I'm enjoying it for its sheer ridiculousness.

I used to buy Morrison's JLA in floppies, but only started collecting from #10. I won't have to bother with the OOP vol. 2 because of that though.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Heh, yeah. I wasn't reading any Marvel back in the mid-90s, but I do love me some cheesecake books. I thoroughly enjoyed the AoA Omni, so I gave it a shot (paid 45€ for it). And so far, I'm enjoying it for its sheer ridiculousness.

I used to buy Morrison's JLA in floppies, but only started collecting from #10. I won't have to bother with the OOP vol. 2 because of that though.
    to be fair I kind of understand it, I bought some 90's sh&# as well and quite enjoying them too. For some reason Onslaught always seemed to me as one of the low points but never actually read it.
    Also seems like you are going forward with X-o. If you planning to read further my advice is to skip vol 3 because all the issues are collected in the Armor Hunters deluxe along with the relevant issues of Unity and some Bloodshot and Harbinger. So it's X-o v1, v2, Armor Hunters and then the upcoming X-o v4.

Fantastic Member

Well, there goes another $50...USS Stevens you will be mine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

I thought for sure DC would have announced some sort of JLA omnibus with JL coming out in November, but I guess not.

Can anybody recommend some stand alone omnibus/compendiums? I have a bunch of series that I am working my way through, but its not nice to sometimes just have something else. I'm not after a series, something where I could literally read that omnibus and understand what is happening without research :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Can anybody recommend some stand alone omnibus/compendiums? I have a bunch of series that I am working my way through, but its not nice to sometimes just have something else. I'm not after a series, something where I could literally read that omnibus and understand what is happening without research :P
    Planetary
    The Sword (but you would have to pay a hefty sum to get it now)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

yupp Planetary, Sleeper, Echo, Rachel Rising, Gotham Central, Morrison's Animal Man, Fear Agent (2 LEs). Also there are loads of series out there that has like 3-5 deluxe editions but they are self contained runs and all volues are readily available (Locke & KEy, Chew, Hellboy, Sweet Tooth, Ex Machina, Y the Last man etc).