Page 68 of 865 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    This seems to only be on amazon.co.uk and not amazon.com daft as it seems... Look what I did over here for easy navigation: http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post193707
    Holy Hannah that must have taken a while!. While these books never go OOP I guess Amazon.com doesn't feel there's enough interest from Americans in European comics to bother keeping them in stock. I'd much rather have one really nice Omnibus for these type of books to be honest, I really dislike have nearly 70 skinny hardcovers on the shelf.

got this 2 today

btw. speedyhen can't ship internationally atm, meh

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    yeah, noticed that too. I think they still can through ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I'd much rather have one really nice Omnibus for these type of books to be honest, I really dislike have nearly 70 skinny hardcovers on the shelf.
    I actually like lighter hardcovers, much easier to handle

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Holy Hannah that must have taken a while!. While these books never go OOP I guess Amazon.com doesn't feel there's enough interest from Americans in European comics to bother keeping them in stock. I'd much rather have one really nice Omnibus for these type of books to be honest, I really dislike have nearly 70 skinny hardcovers on the shelf.
    Only a few minutes. Ideally they'd bundle them in 8 books, 3 volumes in each, but at their original size and not some crappy reduced size. There's already so much text in these books that reducing it might make it unreadable. When it comes to readability though these skinny hardcovers are easiest to read though when compared to those huge omnibuses and absolute editions that can become quite tiresome to read.

got this 2 today

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...psec6516d3.jpg

Still can't believe how small TEOTFW is, but what a great book! As is Luminous Incal of course. Alternatively you can also use UKpaperbackshop, that someone recommended in here too. Just ordered Metabarons Genesis Castaka with them for less than €30 including shipping.

Spectacular Member

Eventually they will put those Tintin books out in a great format in America and I will buy them. Especially if that second cartoon ever comes out.

Those Incal books look fascinating. I saw Jadorowsky's Dune and was just overwhelmed by the dude. Are the Humanoid versions censored or edited from the European release?
    trying to be nicer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm currently lookimg for a nice hardcover (or a good trade) with multiple unrelated stories (like War stories by Ennis). Any good ones you can recommend?
    Any of the Fantagraphics EC Library books are great. Came the Dawn, collecting Wally Wood short stories (mostly horror), Johnny Craig's one collecting crime stories, John Severin's one coming out soon I think. There is a Harvey Kurtzman on collecting war stories and another one called Bomb Run that is also war stories that just came out I think.

got this 2 today

Was looking at picking these up, but are the ones for sale on instock the oversized editions, the ones bigger than the absolutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Are the Humanoid versions censored or edited from the European release?
    Nope, no censorship in current humanoid books.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Was looking at picking these up, but are the ones for sale on instock the oversized editions, the ones bigger than the absolutes?
    Those at $80 cover price are books you want, 6 of them.
    http://www.humanoids.com/book/287

Those at $80 cover price are books you want, 6 of them.
    http://www.humanoids.com/book/287
    Awesome, did not know if they were the big ones or not. Probably going to pull the trigger on this, heard really good things.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Awesome, did not know if they were the big ones or not. Probably going to pull the trigger on this, heard really good things.
    well it's a lot of money, so i was hesitating at first, i've read incal many years ago, but my love for moebius art won after all, comicbook medium doesn't get much better that this imo.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Question for the Valiant fans: I just finisged the Harbinger deluxe and have Bloodshot deluxe ready to be read. Is it worth to be Harbinger Wars (the core mini), does it add a lot to the story? If yes, you thinj it's worth it to double dip on the deluxe Harbinger wars to have all the issues chronilogical in one book?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

well it's a lot of money, so i was hesitating at first, i've read incal many years ago, but my love for moebius art won after all, comicbook medium doesn't get much better that this imo.
    It is a lot of money, which is also causing me some hesitation. That and where it will fit on my book shelf lol

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Question for the Valiant fans: I just finisged the Harbinger deluxe and have Bloodshot deluxe ready to be read. Is it worth to be Harbinger Wars (the core mini), does it add a lot to the story? If yes, you thinj it's worth it to double dip on the deluxe Harbinger wars to have all the issues chronilogical in one book?
    Although those themes are not my cup of tea i found writing in both Harbinger and Bloodshot surprisingly good, wars complemented the story nicely, is it deluxe worthy? I really can't say, have digital so not sure what issues are in those books, bleeding monk was pretty cool.

Incredible Member

Although those themes are not my cup of tea i found writing in both Harbinger and Bloodshot surprisingly good, wars complemented the story nicely, is it deluxe worthy? I really can't say, have digital so not sure what issues are in those books, bleeding monk was pretty cool.
    I believe the Harbinger Wars Deluxe is the 4 issue miniseries, along with the last 3 or 4 issues of both Volume 1 Editions of Harbinger and Bloodshot.