Page 681 of 865 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    How do you even claim the 2 percent?
    It will automatically apply when logged in. image.jpg It will go into effect on your account pretty much instantly after you make a purchase and last for 8 days.
    Last edited by Brewman; 04-11-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    It will automatically apply when logged in. image.jpg It will go into effect on your account pretty much instantly after you make a purchase and last for 8 days.
    Oh thanks! I've have very rarely placed an order the following week so that why I never really noticed it. It's only 2% though...not much to fret over.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Oh thanks! I've have very rarely placed an order the following week so that why I never really noticed it. It's only 2% though...not much to fret over.
    I rarely place back to back orders. But . . . in my case it was something to fret over - it actually cost me money. LOL. It put me under the $50 threshold, so had to either pay for shipping or buy another book that would put me over $50 and come to the same amount as shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I rarely place back to back orders. But . . . in my case it was something to fret over - it actually cost me money. LOL. It put me under the $50 threshold, so had to either pay for shipping or buy another book that would put me over $50 and come to the same amount as shipping.
    That 2% actually makes me spend more money in order to keep that discount rolling week to week..and then there's the free shipping over 50...IST really knows how to reel you in hah

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    https://www.amazon.ca/Bone-Epic-Conc...one+jeff+smith

Am I misunderstanding and that's just a collection of three seperate smaller hardcovers?

So these 3 HC volumes of Bone just arrived...and they are NICE! I'll post some pics asap...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That 2% actually makes me spend more money in order to keep that discount rolling week to week..and then there's the free shipping over 50...IST really knows how to reel you in hah
    From October '15 to October '16 I had an IST order every single week. I had that many books on my back log of wanting. I was and am preparing for that time when I'll be forced to go cold turkey on my buying. Just bought a house, we move in next Friday and my wife of 2yrs is pregnant. That 2% saved every week literally means I have a few books that are categorically "free".
    Day care is not cheap so my Omni/OHC buying will have to end. Hopefully I don't have to sell them as I'll use the ensuing years to catch up on my reading pile.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I've been enjoying Sunstone, Sejic's art is so broad in range, and it really shows in this. While this is "erotic," it's not like Manara erotic. I'm about 2/3 through and you see tits, but so far nothing too crazy graphic. It's definitely character driven, they drive the plot, but it's kind of interesting how things unfold. I wonder how much Sejic researched this vs how much he's involved in it...hah

Also, it's pretty interesting to me that, from what I understand, he wrote/drew this over a number of years posting it to his deviantart and then collecting them in trades. So I'm assuming he plotted 3-4 pages at a time? I'm just guessing, anyone know more about it?
    he explains it at the end of the deluxe. He reworked the story and the art as well, made the facial expressions more subtle and such. It started out as a webcomic, just a few jokes and gags (hah, pun intended? )then the characters started to evolve and he decided to do it as a proper story. Originally it was about 3 women but then he reduced it to two.
    Also if he is not into the bdsm scene then he is a very convincing writer. I really liked the whole "bdsm nerd" approach, makes it very relatable even if you re not into that stuff.

Good news to Hellboy fans: http://www.freaksugar.com/abe-sapien...e-max-fiumara/

Two new Abe Sapien HCs!
    Last edited by seusilva; 04-12-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    From October '15 to October '16 I had an IST order every single week. I had that many books on my back log of wanting. I was and am preparing for that time when I'll be forced to go cold turkey on my buying. Just bought a house, we move in next Friday and my wife of 2yrs is pregnant. That 2% saved every week literally means I have a few books that are categorically "free".
    Day care is not cheap so my Omni/OHC buying will have to end. Hopefully I don't have to sell them as I'll use the ensuing years to catch up on my reading pile.
    Oh, my backlog is insane, but my wishlist is even more insane. Luckily for my, I don't have any children on the horizon, but when I do, I'm sure this will be the first thing to go. And IST's customer service is just wonderful, seriously some of the best I've ever experienced. It makes me look forward to buying from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    he explains it at the end of the deluxe. He reworked the story and the art as well, made the facial expressions more subtle and such. It started out as a webcomic, just a few jokes and gags (hah, pun intended? )then the characters started to evolve and he decided to do it as a proper story. Originally it was about 3 women but then he reduced it to two.
    Also if he is not into the bdsm scene then he is a very convincing writer. I really liked the whole "bdsm nerd" approach, makes it very relatable even if you re not into that stuff.
    Interesting. I'll probably wrap it up this weekend and I'll get to that part.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Good news to Hellboy fans: http://www.freaksugar.com/abe-sapien...e-max-fiumara/

Two new Abe Sapien HCs!
    YYyyyyyiuuuuussss about time. Now, for me to be greedy, let's get some Lobster Johnson hardcovers too!

Two new Abe Sapien HCs!

So are these the same as the bprd hc's (collecting all the previously released abe trades into nice chunky omnis) or just some new stories collected in deluxe hc format? Have the Abe books finished or still ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    So are these the same as the bprd hc's (collecting all the previously released abe trades into nice chunky omnis) or just some new stories collected in deluxe hc format? Have the Abe books finished or still ongoing?
    Same as BPRD HCS! The complete Abe series by Scott Allie, finished last year. This run is a bit too bleak and depressing (and weird) buut the last issues are really good and explain some interesting things about BPRD Hell on Earth and Hellboy In Hell. Issue #30 (probably on the second HC) in particular is one of the most brutal stories from the Mignolaverse.
    Last edited by seusilva; 04-12-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Same as BPRD HCS! The complete Abe series by Scott Allie, finished last year. This run is a bit too bleak and depressing (and weird) buut the last issues are really good and explain some interesting things about BPRD Hell on Earth and Hellboy In Hell. Issue #30 (probably on the second HC) in particular is one of the most brutal stories from the Mignolaverse.
    yeah I kind of didn't like what I've read. It's basically Abe goes somewhere > new people introduced > everyone is an a-hole or hates Abe > everyone dies horribly > repeat.
    I would rather take a Lobster Johnson hc over this (also that series started before Abe so what the hell? Everyone loves the Lobster!)

I think Lobster will be announced very soon. The first Abe is for november. The new BPRD is for january and we knew it before we knew about Abe.

Incredible Member

I've been slowly picking up the Abe Sapien mini series and one-shots (Drowning, Abyssal Plain, etc) that came out before the main series to do a complete 2 volume custom bind of all the Abe Sapien stuff. Are these two hardcovers going to include any of those other issues or is it purely just the Scott Allie ongoing series? If they do skip the previous mini's I think I'll push ahead with my custom bind.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've been slowly picking up the Abe Sapien mini series and one-shots (Drowning, Abyssal Plain, etc) that came out before the main series to do a complete 2 volume custom bind of all the Abe Sapien stuff. Are these two hardcovers going to include any of those other issues or is it purely just the Scott Allie ongoing series? If they do skip the previous mini's I think I'll push ahead with my custom bind.
    Weren't some of those early issues prior to the ongoing included in the BPRD Plague of Frogs hc collections?