Page 682 of 865 FirstFirst ... 182582632672678679680681682683684685686692732782 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Weren't some of those early issues prior to the ongoing included in the BPRD Plague of Frogs hc collections?
    There were some Abe Sapien stories in the first Plague of Frog collections which were the "un-numbered" Drums of the Dead and a backup in a Hellboy book.

I've been working off the (excellent) Hellboy Wiki here http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Abe_Sapien_(series) from the "Numbering" section, there are 10 issues before the ongoing starts which havn't been collected in any of the Plague of Frogs volumes (I currently have 7 of those 10 I think).

The paperbacks did infact call the first ongoing issues Volume 3 so their could be a good chance of these mini's making there way into the hardcovers. I guess I'll have to wait until the official solicitations to find out.

Fantastic Member

Couple shots of one of the Bone Hardcover volumes next to a paperback. Nice increase in size. Strange that this HC format isn't more commonly available because it's a really nice format. Each HC contains three of the 9 paperback volumes.

i only read the first couple of Abe trades as i when they announced the BPRD HC's i hoped Abe would also get the HC treatment, so i stopped with the trades, but to be honest, as much as i love the Mignolaverse from what i remember i don't remember being that impressed with the Abe stuff, unlike the LJ stuff which was a good read.

Also, is the Witchfinder stuff tied in with HB? and is that still going?

Will you place a picture of the other two? I couldn't find them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Will you place a picture of the other two? I couldn't find them.
    Sure thing...

Here's the three books...

And on the shelf...

Looks nice. But they ain't an option for me. The first two are only used to be found for a normal price, the third is new for a normal price. But the shippingcosts are way too high.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, they were apparently only released in Canada which makes them a costly proposition for anyone outside of the land I happen to inhabit, lol. Two of the three I got are used copies. They have a few dings but ftmp are in great shape and all 3 together only cost me $80 CDN so well worth it. But the shipping was free for me. For once it's the reverse of the normal situation - usually I find great stuff I'd like to have but it's only available outside of Canada and the shipping cost makes it out of the question...

Mighty Member

For those interested, kickstarter for complete HC slipcase of Neonomicon/Providence plus art book

PROVIDENCE - The Art Book and Complete Slipcase Set, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-slipcase-set

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    There were some Abe Sapien stories in the first Plague of Frog collections which were the "un-numbered" Drums of the Dead and a backup in a Hellboy book.

I've been working off the (excellent) Hellboy Wiki here http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Abe_Sapien_(series) from the "Numbering" section, there are 10 issues before the ongoing starts which havn't been collected in any of the Plague of Frogs volumes (I currently have 7 of those 10 I think).

The paperbacks did infact call the first ongoing issues Volume 3 so their could be a good chance of these mini's making there way into the hardcovers. I guess I'll have to wait until the official solicitations to find out.
    I think the minis and flashbacks will be included in another HC in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i only read the first couple of Abe trades as i when they announced the BPRD HC's i hoped Abe would also get the HC treatment, so i stopped with the trades, but to be honest, as much as i love the Mignolaverse from what i remember i don't remember being that impressed with the Abe stuff, unlike the LJ stuff which was a good read.

Also, is the Witchfinder stuff tied in with HB? and is that still going?
    Witchfinder is still going on, but not monthly.... amazing series, specially the art! And it is directly related to Hellboy and all the universe, but I won't spoil anything haha
    Last edited by seusilva; 04-13-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Oh, my backlog is insane, but my wishlist is even more insane. Luckily for my, I don't have any children on the horizon, but when I do, I'm sure this will be the first thing to go. And IST's customer service is just wonderful, seriously some of the best I've ever experienced. It makes me look forward to buying from them.
    That's the one thing I did eliminate, a backlog of instock, ready for order books. I have a few whales but Marvel has been helping me out with reprints on that front.
    I'm only ordering books on the day/week of release now and sometimes go *GASP* weeks without ordering anything new!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    For those interested, kickstarter for complete HC slipcase of Neonomicon/Providence plus art book

PROVIDENCE - The Art Book and Complete Slipcase Set, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-slipcase-set
    I'm torn about this.

I also wonder if this includes the Courtyard? I don't see anything about it

Mighty Member

I'm torn about this.

I also wonder if this includes the Courtyard? I don't see anything about it
    It will be. Avatar answered that in the comments section. It's part of the Neonomicon book, so go for it! Blind buy for me (expensive!), but i read some reviews and it sounds interesting and i like the format.
    Last edited by awayne83; 04-13-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Sure thing...

Here's the three books...

And on the shelf...
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    It will be. Avatar answered that in the comments section. It's part of the Neonomicon book, so go for it! Blind buy for me (expensive!), but i read some reviews and it sounds interesting and i like the format.
    It's not a complete blind buy, I own the Courtyard and Neonomicon, and I've read the first book of Providence, but 130 for it all is....expensive. I need to look into it more.

Does it say if these are standard size hardcovers?