Page 683 of 865 FirstFirst ... 183583633673679680681682683684685686687693733783 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 12974
    Mighty Member

Yes, i believe they will only be standard size HCs unfortunately.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/1939...&condition=all

Bloodshot deluxe 1 that's been OOP and outrageously priced is about cover price now

Picked up the second Aliens hardcover. It's blue like the first one was black, even the page ends.

Scud by Rob Schrab. Most underrated book ever and that's just a shame.

I would also recommend stuff from 2000 AD like Bad Company by Milligan but complete tpb goes for crazy money now. Oh and Slaine the Horned God.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Picked up the second Aliens hardcover. It's blue like the first one was black, even the page ends.
    just got the first one, probably gonna read it soon cause it looks so nice I just want to have the second one right now Can't wait for the Predator one, I will get that even if I don't liek the first Alien.

Hey all!

First off, the more I get into comics, the more I'm leaning towards HC collecting rather than singles (although I will continue to get some comics in singles as I feel it is important, and there are some that I LIKE getting weekly and monthly).

Secondly, I am looking to get From Hell and Watchmen (I hated the film, but I've been told that the comics are just incredible) in my next batch of hardcovers and TPBs. Well I'm on that subject, I have a big ass order waiting to be posted, I'm just waiting for one straggler to arrive haha Anyway, back to the main subject... I am looking at these versions of From Hell and Watchmen. Does anybody know of a particularly nice version that I should consider before I choose? These two seem really nice, but I don't want to find out later that there is a nicer collection!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...KL5A1OLE&psc=1

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Hey all!

First off, the more I get into comics, the more I'm leaning towards HC collecting rather than singles (although I will continue to get some comics in singles as I feel it is important, and there are some that I LIKE getting weekly and monthly).

Secondly, I am looking to get From Hell and Watchmen (I hated the film, but I've been told that the comics are just incredible) in my next batch of hardcovers and TPBs. Well I'm on that subject, I have a big ass order waiting to be posted, I'm just waiting for one straggler to arrive haha Anyway, back to the main subject... I am looking at these versions of From Hell and Watchmen. Does anybody know of a particularly nice version that I should consider before I choose? These two seem really nice, but I don't want to find out later that there is a nicer collection!

There is an Absolute Watchmen edition but its OoP now so you'll have to do some eBay hunting for it. Absolute editions are bigger than Deluxe editions have superior bindings and come in a slipcase. Theres also an annotated edition coming in November which will (as the name suggests) have annotations in the side margins explaining themes and references of the story on a page by page basis (heres the US Amazon page, https://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Anno.../dp/1401265561 no sign of AmazonUk pre-order yet).

I can't help you with From Hell, its not a book I've read/owned.

Spectacular Member

Hey all!

You're fine with these. However, if you can find it, the Absolute edition of Watchmen would be well worth the price, the art is just amazing.

To my earlier message, if you're into comics, you have to read Watchmen. The others will only agree.

yeah you got the right editions and as much as I LOVE Watchmen and think the absolute ed. is the best if you are not sure you will like it the deluxe will be just fine. It's a pretty good edition.
    As for the movie, it is an okay adaptation but with a lot of things Snyder did, he got the visuals right but everything else is just off or not exactly what it is supposed to be. I'm not trying to bash him but he has that "bro" mentality which comes off of his movies too and Watchmen is the exact opposite of that.
    In case of both books don't expect fast paced action story, they are quite wordy but not like Silver age comics, it is actually important to read everything there Also there is a lot of movie esque storytelling in them but it's different than the decompressed style you see in superhero comics post Authority and Ultimates.

I think that I will probably go with those then. Thanks a lot, you are all as generously informative as ever! I'm so glad I found this place. When I show other people my collection they are like 'Oh. Cool.' :P Or even worse, 'Why would you read picture books?'.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I think that I will probably go with those then. Thanks a lot, you are all as generously informative as ever! I'm so glad I found this place. When I show other people my collection they are like 'Oh. Cool.' :P Or even worse, 'Why would you read picture books?'.
    let us know how you liked them! as for the "picture book" people: try to explain to them in a very short sentence how it is just another storytelling medium like movies or theatre. If they give you the blank stare dropkick them down the stairs. Worked for me like a charm.
    also they are probably the same people who watch and love Marvel movies, Walking dead or Game of Thrones and they have no idea they are based on books and comics.

It will be quite some time before I read them, but I shall! I don't mind TV adaptations (I just don't watch them if I don't like them, which is now the case for TWD although I liked it originally), but I despise the idea of them 'overtaking' the original medium, be it comics in TWD or books in GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    just got the first one, probably gonna read it soon cause it looks so nice I just want to have the second one right now Can't wait for the Predator one, I will get that even if I don't liek the first Alien.
    They are both sexy as hell

Got a question about Image's over-sized hardcovers...It appears my "East of West" Year One book is coming apart at the spine. Looks like the glued page & the back cover are separating, starting at the spine.

Has anyone else has this issue with Image hardcovers before?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Got a question about Image's over-sized hardcovers...It appears my "East of West" Year One book is coming apart at the spine. Looks like the glued page & the back cover are separating, starting at the spine.

Has anyone else has this issue with Image hardcovers before?
    Can you post a pic?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?