Page 69 of 865 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Although those themes are not my cup of tea i found writing in both Harbinger and Bloodshot surprisingly good, wars complemented the story nicely, is it deluxe worthy? I really can't say, have digital so not sure what issues are in those books, bleeding monk was pretty cool.
    The deluxe collects thr mini and #11-#14 of Harbinger and #11-#13 of Bloodshot. But since I already have the Bloodshot and Harbinger issues in the other deluxes I'm debating if I should double dip and just buy the deluxe for the whole story in one book, just buy the trade or don't bother at all
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I believe the Harbinger Wars Deluxe is the 4 issue miniseries, along with the last 3 or 4 issues of both Volume 1 Editions of Harbinger and Bloodshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The deluxe collects thr mini and #11-#14 of Harbinger and #11-#13 of Bloodshot. But since I already have the Bloodshot and Harbinger issues in the other deluxes I'm debating if I should double dip and just buy the deluxe for the whole story in one book, just buy the trade or don't bother at all
    So basically you get 4 issue deluxe and the rest is double dipping? eh, that's not very tempting..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

With regards to future Omnibuses from Valiant similar to Quantum and Woody, Huntor Gorinson (Director of Marketing) promised more of that kind of massive collection of past Valiant material in the future as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    With regards to future Omnibuses from Valiant similar to Quantum and Woody, Huntor Gorinson (Director of Marketing) promised more of that kind of massive collection of past Valiant material in the future as well.
    That's cool because it was going to take forever if they were just going to keep releasing little 6-7 issue hardcovers.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

I was thinking about getting the Wasteland Apocalyptic editions, but was wondering what people thought of it before I pull the trigger. I've always heard about it, but don't know too much about it.

Fantastic Member

The announced HCs from the Dark horse solicitations:

Bob Powell's Complete Cave Girl HC
    Gardner Fox (W), James Vance (W), John Wooley (W), Mark Schultz (W), and Bob Powell (A)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 176 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 6 5/8" x 10 3/16"

The Borgias HC
    Alejandro Jodorowsky (W) and Milo Manara (A)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 216 pages
    $59.99
    HC, 8.375" x 10.875"
    • Introduction by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá!
    • The complete collaboration between legends Alejandro Jodorowsky (Metabarons, The Incal, Technopriests) and Milo Manara (Click!, Indian Summer)!
    • Translated by Blacksad translator Katie LaBarbera!
    • Preface by Jodorowsky!

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives HC
    Arkane Studios (W/A)
    On sale NoMv 12
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 7" x 9"

Grandville Noël HC
    Bryan Talbot (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 104 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 8" x 11"

Hellboy: Weird Tales HC
    Mike Mignola (W/A/Cover), John Cassaday (W/A), J. H. Williams III (W/A), Craig Thompson (W/A), Evan Dorkin (W/A), Dave Stewart (C), Michelle Madsen (C), and others
    On sale Nov 26
    FC, 256 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    Collects Hellboy: Weird Tales Volumes 1 and 2.

MIND MGMT Volume 4: The Magician HC
    Matt Kindt (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 168 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    Collects MIND MGMT #19–#24 and a story from DHP #31. Includes special "Life and Times of Henry Lyme" issue!

Popular Skullture: The Skull Motif in Pulps, Paperbacks, and Comics HC
    Monte Beauchamp (W), Steven Heller (W), Wally Wood (A), Graham Ingels (A), Bill Everett (A), Frank R. Paul (A), George Rozen (A), Rudolph Belarski (A), Gerald Gregg (A), L. B. Cole (A), Matt Baker (A), Matt Fox (A), Margaret Brundage (A), Norm Saunders (A), and more!
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 176 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 5 3/8" x 7 3/4"

Serenity: Leaves on the Wind HC
    Zack Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P), Karl Story (I), Fábio Moon (A), Laura Martin (C), and Dan Dos Santos (Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 152 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Book One HC
    Yoshitaka Amano (W/A)
    On sale Oct 22
    FC, 144 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Book Two HC
    Yoshitaka Amano (W/A)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 276 pages
    $34.99
    HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Book Three HC
    Yoshitaka Amano (W/A)
    On sale Nov 19
    FC, 156 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"

Star Wars: Dark Times Gallery Edition HC
    Randy Stradley (W) and Douglas Wheatley (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    b&w, 248 pages
    $99.99
    HC, 9" x 13 1/4"

Tales of an Imperfect Future HC
    Alfonso Font (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 19
    b&w, 88 pages
    $17.99
    HC, 8.375" x 10.875"

Veil HC
    Greg Rucka (W) and Toni Fejzula (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 136 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

D'OH

Wrong thread.

Edit:

In an effort to do away with a sucky post, I have a little question.

I am mostly buying Marvel Omniboo and OHC's at the minute. There is a whole bunch of books I want to eventually get in hardcover though, outside of Marvel. Chew Omnivore Editions, TWD Omniboo, Hellboy Library Editions, Fear Agent Library Editions etc.

I know it is not a science but how quickly do these kind of books go OOP? Do I need to work them into my priority list or will they all be around in 6+ months.

Again, I know its not exactly a science but if anybody with plenty of collecting experience/keen eye on the market could help I would appreciate it.

Edit 2: PS, I'm English, so tend to buy from Amazon UK, Speedyhen or either Forbidden Planet.
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 06-17-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    D'OH

I am mostly buying Marvel Omniboo and OHC's at the minute. There is a whole bunch of books I want to eventually get in hardcover though, outside of Marvel. Chew Omnivore Editions, TWD Omniboo, Hellboy Library Editions, Fear Agent Library Editions etc.

I know it is not a science but how quickly do these kind of books go OOP? Do I need to work them into my priority list or will they all be around in 6+ months.

Again, I know its not exactly a science but if anybody with plenty of collecting experience/keen eye on the market could help I would appreciate it.

Edit 2: PS, I'm English, so tend to buy from Amazon UK, Speedyhen or either Forbidden Planet.
    OK first I have to make a note that I order these books in Europe, so there's a lot of options my fellow US collectors have I don't have. As you live in Manchester, the following points may apply to amazon.co.uk for you as well.
    I have a preorder strategy on amazon.com for different reasons:
    - Best Price for me on release date if I order on Amazon.com (mostly ~30-40% under cover)
    - No worries about OOP and prices going up later
    - If ever there's a dammage, you're quite safe with amazon as the customer service is great and easy.

But if you can't follow that "strategy" for whatever reasons, I think that most of these books are available at least a year or so after the release date. There might be exceptions here an there and for some of these books you might go by a marketplace seller, but if you follow the prices on amazon and marketplace regulary, you can't really "miss" if a book goes OOP or prices go up.
    This is not working 100% but I think it's safe to assume this works for 95% of all these books (based on my humble experience with about 250 orders in the last 5 years).
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    D'OH

Wrong thread.

Edit:

In an effort to do away with a sucky post, I have a little question.

I don't know when they will go oop but Hellboy LE vol 1 is very slowly rising in prices (almost unnoticable but still there). Regardless, the Hellboy and Fear agent Library editions are simply awesome books that should be in everyone's collections so buy those as soon as possible haha
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

These are all the new hc's from Image's september solicitations:

THE WALKING DEAD BOOK 10 HC
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART / COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN
    SEPTEMBER 3 / 296 PAGES / BW / M / $34.99
    Rick's treaty with Negan and the Saviors is pushed to the limit, as both sides march toward ALL OUT WAR.
    Collects THE WALKING DEAD #109-120

THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS, VOL. 1 HC
    STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN
    ART: NICK PITARRA
    SEPTEMBER 24 / 300 PAGES / FC / T+ / $34.99
    "SCIENCE. BAD."
    What if the research and development department created to produce the first atomic bomb was a front for a series of other, more unusual, programs? What if the union of a generation's brightest minds was not a signal for optimism, but foreboding? What if everything...went wrong?
    Collects THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #1-10

BLUE ESTATE: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL HC
    STORY: VIKTOR KALVACHEV, KOSTA YANEV, & ANDREW OSBORNE
    ART: VIKTOR KALVACHEV, TOBY CYPRESS, NATHAN FOX, ROBERT VALLEY, PETER NGUYEN, TOMM COKER, REV. DAVE JOHNSON, ANDREW ROBINSON, PAUL MAYBURY, MARLEY ZARCONE, ANDY KUHN, KIERAN, & ALEKSI BRICLOT
    COVER: VIKTOR KALVACHEV
    SEPTEMBER 10 / 288 PAGES / FC / M / $29.99
    FINALLY AVAILABLE IN ONE DELUXE EDITION!
    Catch the entire Eisner-nominated saga of a desperate starlet and a hapless private dick as they tangle with dueling crime families, a homicidal action hero -- and each other -- on the mean streets of L.A. in one deluxe, bonus-packed edition.
    "A dark, funny slice of pulp fiction." -- USA Today
    Collects BLUE ESTATE #1-12

WHITE DEATH HC (NEW PRINTING)
    STORY: ROBBIE MORRISON
    ART / COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD
    SEPTEMBER 3 / 104 PAGES / BW / T+ / $14.99
    In 1916, Pietro Aquasanta, an Italian rifleman, returns to his childhood home of the Trentino mountain range to find that it's no longer the realm of wonder and adventure he remembers, but has become a place of death and despair, where the elements are as great a threat as the enemy.
    No weapon of war was more feared than the White Death, thundering avalanches deliberately caused by cannon fire which consumed everything in their path.

CHRONICLES OF HATE HC
    STORY / COVER / ART: ADRIAN SMITH
    SEPTEMBER 24
    104 PAGES 8" x 12" / BW / M / $29.99
    An art event that will shatter your expectations of what the medium can offer is being exclusively released in this oversized (8" x 12") hardcover. In a world where the sun is frozen and the moon burns, an unlikely hero rises to free the Earth Mother from her chains. His path lies in shadows, his enemies' legion.

I say hell yes to the Manhattan projects hc and am interested in the Blue Estate hc, never read it before

Fantastic Member

These are all the new hc's from Image's september solicitations:

I say hell yes to the Manhattan projects hc and am interested in the Blue Estate hc, never read it before
    I was just going to post them, soooo excited about the bulgarian connection here, but you beat me to it

BANNED

Adrian Smith is one of the coolest dark fantasy artists out there, his Warhammer work has been always ace, so Chronicles of Hate is an instant buy.

Damn you Manhattan Projects, forcing me to double dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    I was just going to post them, soooo excited about the bulgarian connection here, but you beat me to it
    Haha, I was too excited for Manhattan projects

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    OK first I have to make a note that I order these books in Europe, so there's a lot of options my fellow US collectors have I don't have. As you live in Manchester, the following points may apply to amazon.co.uk for you as well.
    I have a preorder strategy on amazon.com for different reasons:
    - Best Price for me on release date if I order on Amazon.com (mostly ~30-40% under cover)
    - No worries about OOP and prices going up later
    - If ever there's a dammage, you're quite safe with amazon as the customer service is great and easy.

But if you can't follow that "strategy" for whatever reasons, I think that most of these books are available at least a year or so after the release date. There might be exceptions here an there and for some of these books you might go by a marketplace seller, but if you follow the prices on amazon and marketplace regulary, you can't really "miss" if a book goes OOP or prices go up.
    This is not working 100% but I think it's safe to assume this works for 95% of all these books (based on my humble experience with about 250 orders in the last 5 years).
    I don't know when they will go oop but Hellboy LE vol 1 is very slowly rising in prices (almost unnoticable but still there). Regardless, the Hellboy and Fear agent Library editions are simply awesome books that should be in everyone's collections so buy those as soon as possible haha
    Thanks for the advice guys. I will endeavour to put it to good use. Once I have ticked New X-Men and the Zomnibus off my list I'll probably turn my attentions to those Library editions. I am especially looking forward to getting my hands on Fear Agent.