Page 700 of 865 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704710750800 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Thanks LJ. I guess I need to switch to Graffiti for more recent reprints, because I actually like to read these things and not just look at them.
    Exactly my sentiments. Even if the artwork is the purpose of these books, one shouldn't forget that this is sequential and narrative art, so text and artwork are inseparable. It's often difficult to really assess how good of a storyteller an artist is without having the text as well.

Btw, digital lettering began to become popular somewhere in the mid 90s, so I'd check any works published since then.

Fantastic Member

Yeah that's one of the things I like best about the Usagi GE...Stan's work is so finished when he hands it in - lettering and all.

Fantastic Member

My last few weeks of new arrivals...went a little Epic crazy! Lol...

Yee-haw! Gary Groth of Fantagraphics posted on the TCJ website that FB will publish Breccia and Oesterheld's "Mort Cinder" next year! Damn, I've been waiting to read that.

If you've never heard of it, here's what you have missed:

Last edited by LordJulius; 05-23-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yee-haw! Gary Groth of Fantagraphics posted on the TCJ website that FB will publish Breccia and Oesterheld's "Mort Cinder" next year! Damn, I've been waiting to read that.

If you've never heard of it, here's what you have missed:

I've seen the announcement on Facebook and really looking forward to it. The a artwork is gorgeous and it's Oesterheld so a must read after the eternaut.

Have no idea what it is but its damn sure pretty. :O

I'm currently reading The Complete Phonogram, on issue #4. Mostly I like it although I don't get some references, which I was expecting. There is a bit in issue four though where it goes to a black background with an awful font. No idea what that bit is about, didn't understand it, probably partly because I can't bloody read it. I've seen this in a couple of other comics but I can't remember which. Just use a proper font, its stupid...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Latest:

The Deadman GE is a thing of beauty. Looking forward to the Sam Kieth Batman GE this summer now.

James Bond is awesome, I can't wait to grab the next volume. The only thing that I would say is that they look out of place on shelves since they are way wider than any others! Have you read the current DE Bond comics?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    James Bond is awesome, I can't wait to grab the next volume. The only thing that I would say is that they look out of place on shelves since they are way wider than any others! Have you read the current DE Bond comics?
    Thats the curse of all strips in this format. I have a couple so I can group them on one shelf but they still stick out.
    Great haul btw LJ that Deadman really intrigues me but every time I wanna make a big single purchase lately my washing machine breaks down or my laptop stops working so I have to spend a 100 on them. Karma I guess....
    Also I still need to get the kelley jones batman ge too

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

What are the odds that we'll eventually get another hardcover edition of the Strangers in Paradise omnibus set? My understanding is that the original edition was limited to 1250 copies, and that the vast majority of them were damaged due to the books' laminate covers sticking to each other. I don't have any real desire for a new signed and numbered edition, but I'd love to have the series in hardcover.

I've only pre-ordered one graphic novel before, Power Rangers, well in advance. I'm looking to get A.D. and TW+TD Vol 2 on pre-order for July, 4 and 18th respectively I think, something like that... How close to the release date can you generally get away with placing the order? I will have more funds available in July so I'd prefer to wait and order then so that I can use my June funds on books that I can actually read in June :P

Mighty Member

I've only pre-ordered one graphic novel before, Power Rangers, well in advance. I'm looking to get A.D. and TW+TD Vol 2 on pre-order for July, 4 and 18th respectively I think, something like that... How close to the release date can you generally get away with placing the order? I will have more funds available in July so I'd prefer to wait and order then so that I can use my June funds on books that I can actually read in June :P
    Well if you are pre-ordering thru amazon then you don't have to pay anything until the book gets ready to ship. You can also cancel anytime b4 then free of charge as well, which usually gives you a week or two to see if you can find cheaper deals on the direct market.

Luckily they fit on my shelves without sticking out.

I'm intrigued by Ellis' Bond and I'll certainly get it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thats the curse of all strips in this format. I have a couple so I can group them on one shelf but they still stick out.
    Great haul btw LJ that Deadman really intrigues me but every time I wanna make a big single purchase lately my washing machine breaks down or my laptop stops working so I have to spend a 100 on them. Karma I guess....
    Also I still need to get the kelley jones batman ge too
    Jones is a master of the art, but sadly overlooked by many. Both Jones GEs are equally great so if you just get one, either will do.

Both amazon and forbidden planet only take your money when they despatch the books. Other sites take it straight away or just put it in the pending payments. The downside with Amazon and Fpi is that they usually a week or 2 behind schedule with release dates.