Page 707 of 865 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717757807 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Not going to bother at 5 issues, felt a bit ripped off by the other small Valiant deluxe (which for the life of me I can't remember the title) the one with the Russian cosmonaught, they could have waited and released a regular sized dlx as I believe the Russian one has had other arcs released since
    yeah Divinity. That one was probably my least favourite after Shadowman. Kindt is really not working for me, I was even considering selling Ninjak since it was alright but then crossovers with bloody Shadowman. But then the opinions on the following Shadowman volumes are so bad I'm kinda intrigued, I have a feeling I will like it.
    Anyway, yeah they probably rushed Divinity cause it's Kindt but I think the whole series is gonna be 3 arc each about one of the astronauts. They should have just waited all collect all 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Main character is cyborg and pretty much criminal. He has 14 years girlfriend who is prostitute and drug addict, sniffs glue and cocaine like crazy. There is huge amount of swearing and violence, this book was famous for that when published in 80's. It's Italian so that would explain some of it, but still it's not for everyone. Not sure has it been published in English.
    Sounds crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah Divinity. That one was probably my least favourite after Shadowman. Kindt is really not working for me, I was even considering selling Ninjak since it was alright but then crossovers with bloody Shadowman. But then the opinions on the following Shadowman volumes are so bad I'm kinda intrigued, I have a feeling I will like it.
    Anyway, yeah they probably rushed Divinity cause it's Kindt but I think the whole series is gonna be 3 arc each about one of the astronauts. They should have just waited all collect all 12 issues.
    Coincidentally I just got Ninjak yesterday (18€ used on Warehouse Deals) but I have to say I really enjoyed it, perhaps even more than the first volume of X-O. The Shadowman stuff was a bit weird, true, but the first couple of arcs were rather enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Coincidentally I just got Ninjak yesterday (18€ used on Warehouse Deals) but I have to say I really enjoyed it, perhaps even more than the first volume of X-O. The Shadowman stuff was a bit weird, true, but the first couple of arcs were rather enjoyable.
    that's a great price. It might just be me. The art reminds me of late 90's Top Cow books like Witchblade and Darkness and those certainly had good moments but they appealed more to my 16 year old self. Same with the plot a bit but I maybe just focusing on the minor weaknesses too much. Mainly the fact that Ninjak mostly defeats everyone with his gadgets, he is arrogant but it's not really backed up by skills but gizmos. Rubs me the wrong way a bit.
    I know I'm in the minority with my negative opinion on Kindt, his stuff just doesn't click with me (still want to try Mind mgmt though). Also I haven't read the Shadowman stuff cause that comes after the 2nd Shadowman deluxe which is not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that's a great price. It might just be me. The art reminds me of late 90's Top Cow books like Witchblade and Darkness and those certainly had good moments but they appealed more to my 16 year old self. Same with the plot a bit but I maybe just focusing on the minor weaknesses too much. Mainly the fact that Ninjak mostly defeats everyone with his gadgets, he is arrogant but it's not really backed up by skills but gizmos. Rubs me the wrong way a bit.
    I know I'm in the minority with my negative opinion on Kindt, his stuff just doesn't click with me (still want to try Mind mgmt though). Also I haven't read the Shadowman stuff cause that comes after the 2nd Shadowman deluxe which is not out yet.
    Can't say anything about the comparison you make there since I never read any of those Top Cow books. But especially the back up stories have great art, reminiscent of Epting or Lark. I also like Ryp.

As for the characterization of Ninjak, I have the feeling that Kindt is kind of playing the long game here, as he seems to be hinting at much more to come, which is something I enjoy.

When it comes to gadgets and skills, I think it's at times hard to tell where one ends and the other begins (apart from the more obvious devices). But certain skills are certainly discernible. (And btw, if you don't like someone who only defeats opponents based upon gadgets rather than abilities, you should really hate X-O)

Anyway, it all comes down to a matter of personal taste, of course. I'll certainly consider getting vol. 2 as well when it's out.

Can't say anything about the comparison you make there since I never read any of those Top Cow books. But especially the back up stories have great art, reminiscent of Epting or Lark. I also like Ryp.

As for the characterization of Ninjak, I have the feeling that Kindt is kind of playing the long game here, as he seems to be hinting at much more to come, which is something I enjoy.

When it comes to gadgets and skills, I think it's at times hard to tell where one ends and the other begins (apart from the more obvious devices). But certain skills are certainly discernible. (And btw, if you don't like someone who only defeats opponents based upon gadgets rather than abilities, you should really hate X-O)

Anyway, it all comes down to a matter of personal taste, of course. I'll certainly consider getting vol. 2 as well when it's out.
    I think the backups were my favourite part, probably because of the art and because he was still inexperienced and more relatable. There was one issue where he had to rely on his skills I quite liked that but then went back to the usual gadget fest.
    I think X-O has the emphasis on different things, it's not the same type of action-adventure story than Ninjak. I will probably stick with it, I like the idea of the character and might just have to get used to how Kindt handles it.

I agree. I pretty much liked Ninjak. I think there is much more than shown right now. I'm very curious to the next volume.

I think this is the best place to leave this warning:
    If anyone is buying the IDW/Euro comics Alack Sinner volume that just got released, be aware it is of very low quality!
    It's a thick volume but it's not even over sized, almost but not really and worst of all it uses newsprint! After the exceptionally high quality IDW used for all their Euro books they went with bloody newsprint this time? I'm very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Sounds crazy!
    Because it is, but if you like crazy that's stuff for you.

Wicked and Divine Deluxe HC.....Thoughts?

I love it! They did a panel at Glasgow Comic Con on Saturday and they did a show of hands to see who was up-to-date to avoid spoilers, but I really got the impression that it is only getting even better Definitely pick it up Also, if you want pictures then I'm happy to snap some for you.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If you like Gillen and McKelvie's style then go for it. I wasn't crazy about Young avengers but this got me hooked. Although I'm a sucker for good urban fantasy and they have a good take on this gods and ancient deities mixed with pop and hipster stuff thing.

I sold mine. Wasn't my kind of thing.

Quite good, it's different from most things you'd read and that means something or me. Would I recommend it? Ummm, don't know, really, it's....I don't know where this story is going to.

Finished vol 5 of The Boys, great stuff, Ennis' best, I would say very close to Punisher Max level. Now i Have to get vol 6....