Page 709 of 865 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719759809 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    The Avatar ones are new reprints, and then continue with new stories past what he originally published with Vertigo. The early Vertigo issues have some all star artists on them
    Thanks! Would I miss something if I get Avatar' editions?

Would highly recommend Dreaming Eagles by Ennis especially with all that bs going on around the world with racism. Great storytelling and sooo much better that Red Tails movie by Lucas which was unintentionally racist, just listen how those guys talk, it's pure cliche. Good job, George!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Thanks! Would I miss something if I get Avatar' editions?

Would highly recommend Dreaming Eagles by Ennis especially with all that bs going on around the world with racism. Great storytelling and sooo much better that Red Tails movie by Lucas which was unintentionally racist, just listen how those guys talk, it's pure cliche. Good job, George!
    I can't answer that first question. I've never seen the original trades, but the ones from Avatar are pretty complete from what I can tell. Great stories, most are one and done. I think only volume 1 and 2 reprint the Vertigo stuff, 3 and 4 is newer original content published under Avatar, as will the upcoming volume 5.

And totally second Dreaming Eagles, loved it. I also really likes his The Hurricane from Titan.

Purchases from the last month or so. Used to be what I got in a week. LOL. But the upside is that I've begun to furnish my 'library room' at our new place. Looking forward to finally having my very own man cave

Last edited by LordJulius; 07-08-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Anyone read the Izombie omnibus? Is it any good and worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Yes, not much like the tv series (which is a good thing) art is beautiful and the story is very good also, well worth a purchase I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yes, not much like the tv series (which is a good thing) art is beautiful and the story is very good also, well worth a purchase I reckon
    Ok, thanks. I will go for it.

All-New Member

I was thinking about picking up the Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme omnibus but I don't know anything about it. Has anyone read the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Purchases from the last month or so. Used to be what I got in a week. LOL. But the upside is that I've begun to furnish my 'library room' at our new place. Looking forward to finally having my very own man cave

very nice! I wish I could only pick up a few books a month, haha... The crepax hcs are soooo tempting but the stories themselves (or what I know about them) just doesn't interest me.

What are the James Bond strips like? I have the first HC and they were good, worth continuing?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Mighty Member

It was ok. Not a huge Allred fan. It came across to me a bit watered down. Like it dealt with mature themes in a pg manner i guess. Book does have a great build tho. Probably wont read it again (at leasy anytime soon)

I don't watch the show since these CW shows produced on a factory assembly line have zero appeal to me and I was hesitant to pick up the book since the show didn't interest me and I don't like zombies. But I like Allread and I was very pleasantly surprised. Is it an all time classic? Probably not. Did I devour the book and could barely put it down because I had so much fun with it? Hell yeah.

I would definitely recommend it.

I just bought it in a good deal. It will be here later this week I think. If I don't like it I can always sell it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    What are the James Bond strips like? I have the first HC and they were good, worth continuing?
    Definitely, yes. I got the Spectre one first and loved it. This one is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    very nice! I wish I could only pick up a few books a month, haha... The crepax hcs are soooo tempting but the stories themselves (or what I know about them) just doesn't interest me.
    Crepax is a beautofully built book, but the first one was dull. May be tempted with the second as it is a little more my thing (sci fi) but it is low down on my shopping list.

Thoughts on Jim Zubs Wayward? I like Skullkickers enough, but felt it got a little too meta/goofy towards the end instead of a straightforward story.