Page 711 of 865 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721761811 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 12974
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just read Simonson's Ragnarok. The artwork and story telling are so awesome. It's a real master at work here.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 07-16-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just read Simonson's Ragnarok. The artwork and story telling are so awesome. It's a real master at work here.
    I read the first OHC. You're right, it's some brilliant work. Is two out? If not it should be soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I read the first OHC. You're right, it's some brilliant work. Is two out? If not it should be soon.
    Released this past Tuesday. I was considering getting the incentive edition, but just can't justify $150 for 6 issues even with a sketch.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Two is out and it's just as good as 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Two is out and it's just as good as 1!
    I just checked my list of upcoming purchases and I have it on the list but I need to build up a few more books to buy.

What's the consensus on Hack and Slash? I bough the soft cover omnibus at a cheap used book store since I needed something to read on a long ride. Oddly enough I didn't get much reading but I have sat down and read about 40 pages. Doesn't seem to have a lot of substance but maybe that's what the writer is going for. Does it get better or does everyone like it and I'm the exception?

What's the consensus on Hack and Slash? I bough the soft cover omnibus at a cheap used book store since I needed something to read on a long ride. Oddly enough I didn't get much reading but I have sat down and read about 40 pages. Doesn't seem to have a lot of substance but maybe that's what the writer is going for. Does it get better or does everyone like it and I'm the exception?
    Also curious about this. I always want to buy them, but end up buying something else....

The Astounding Wolf-Man "omnibus" by Kirkman. I read a few of these in tpb. Lot of fun, so I can't wait to read the whole run. The book is thicker than I expected.
    Picked up a copy as well. It was a fun read back in the day. I'm hoping this leads to a Brit hardcover, at least the Tony Moore stuff anyway

I had it, read it, didn't think much of it, sold it

I liked it, have read first book only. It has potential and that cheesy feeling from 80's horror movies. I wouldn't say it's must read but it's got something appealing to me, I still remember this book after few years - not stories just overall mood - and that says something. Keep in mind my taste is different from what you usually see here thou....

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think that's relevant at all. Also I didn't like Iron fist. I've heard good things about the IZombie series but I still don't have an interest in it just like I don't have an interest in the Walking dead or Preacher for different reasons. The books are still good.
    Well, maybe it's not. I know you didn't like it but still you have watched entire season and that makes no sense to me. When I don't like something like TV series I would give up on it straight away.

I know it's not popular opinion but most of movies/shows based on comic books suck and I don't even bother to watch them. Also market is so filled with all those super heroes movies I can't care less. I just don't want to watch them anymore, even good ones, just too much.

WD sucks bad, production value is huge, best looking zombies ever, but it's boring, gave up after 3 seasons, makes me fall asleep.

I've watched one episode of Preacher, it was ok I guess.

And I would agree: books are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Well, maybe it's not. I know you didn't like it but still you have watched entire season and that makes no sense to me. When I don't like something like TV series I would give up on it straight away.

I know it's not popular opinion but most of movies/shows based on comic books suck and I don't even bother to watch them. Also market is so filled with all those super heroes movies I can't care less. I just don't want to watch them anymore, even good ones, just too much.

WD sucks bad, production value is huge, best looking zombies ever, but it's boring, gave up after 3 seasons, makes me fall asleep.

I've watched one episode of Preacher, it was ok I guess.

And I would agree: books are still good.
    I watched the whole season of Iron fist probably for the same reason you watched 3 seasons of TWD while I gave up after 5 episodes. I like the material and was hoping it will get better.

I watched the whole season of Iron fist probably for the same reason you watched 3 seasons of TWD while I gave up after 5 episodes. I like the material and was hoping it will get better.
    Touche. But it reminds me of Lost, the biggest waste of my time for TV series ever. What a bs that was and still I have watched all episodes with all that hope.' It has to get better, it has to. There's no way they don't have it all planned.'

Similar thing with Prison Break, last season is unwatchable IMHO. That's why I give up after few episodes, I don't want to spend my precious time for something which is shite.

Same here. I kept thinking: This is gonna get better.

It never did.

I think a big problem with these Marvel netflix series is that they got about 4 episodes too long. Or they could do two, 6-episode arcs. Instead it feels like they drag on sometimes. I liked Jessica Jones for example but that could have been shortened. Same with Luke Cage and DD season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

Similar thing with Prison Break, last season is unwatchable IMHO. That's why I give up after few episodes, I don't want to spend my precious time for something which is shite.
    I loved the first two - possibly 3 - seasons of Prison Break when they came out. I, too, stuck around out some misplaced sense of loyalty. Heck, I even watched the most recent run. Damn that dialogue was bad.

Same here. I kept thinking: This is gonna get better.

It never did.

I think a big problem with these Marvel netflix series is that they got about 4 episodes too long. Or they could do two, 6-episode arcs. Instead it feels like they drag on sometimes. I liked Jessica Jones for example but that could have been shortened. Same with Luke Cage and DD season 2.

I loved the first two - possibly 3 - seasons of Prison Break when they came out. I, too, stuck around out some misplaced sense of loyalty. Heck, I even watched the most recent run. Damn that dialogue was bad.
    I agree they are a bit longer they should be, thankfully Defenders only gonna be 8 episodes. But I think the main problem with IF was the rushed production. They made it like a series of Arrow or the Flash not as a Netflix production. Just get it out, take all the shortcuts. They've reportedly made up the fight scene on the spot 5 minutes before shooting which is unforgivable with a show like this (especially after 2 seasons of DD which had excellent martial arts scenes).