Page 718 of 865 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768818 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    You know what would be a comic persons dream? If Marvel had released the Rom Omnibus. I would fanboy if they did that.

Regarding Brubaker, they did let him go, cause he refused to do any superhero stuff. And at that point he just didn't give a **** anymore. Everything he's touched for whoever he's done it for was good. But, me personally, I love his Catwoman, Cap, X-Men and all of his independent stuff on Image. It's all amazing stuff.

He left when his contract ended to pursue his own stuff. Marvel didn't "let him go."

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So I'm looking at what's coming out in Sept. and Oct (most of it in Oct). that I'll be getting and my jaw just about hit the floor:

Planet Hulk omni
    WW Hulk omni
    Hellboy in Hell Library
    Batman Knightfall omni
    Grayson omni
    Thor omni (I bought the first print, read it and sold it because I have the issues bound already. And as soon as I did, I instantly regretted it).
    Batman/Flash The Button DE
    Amazing Spider-Man v2 DE
    Batman Rebirth v1 DE (okay, it comes out Aug 29th, but still)
    Superman Rebirth v1 DE
    Nightwing Rebirth v1 DE
    Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Complete Year One DE
    Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor Complete Year One DE

I'm not sure I've ever bought that much in a two month span. And November, December and January doesn't get much lighter. What are you all buying in Sept. and Oct.?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Not sure if i will get them on release but i plan on getting these at the least

World war hulk omni
    Planet hulk omni
    Punisher by ennis omni
    Thor by simonson omni
    Superman rebirth dlx

Amazing Member

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to, is the Gotham City Sirens Omnibus. Paul Dini is an amazing writer, and that series in full was amazing. That makes me super fucking happy that DC is finally starting to release some of their best titles (Pre-New 52). Man, imagined if they released Red Robin, or like Catwoman or even Birds of Prey all in Omnibus formats. Those would be worth more to me than any other Omnibuses I own, cause I grew up reading those series and loved them all. But, one I really want to see is a Green Lantern series collecting it entirely in chronological order from the 90's series. I do own that entire series in full in single comic M-NM condition it's massive in 4 huge ass comic boxes. But man, to own the Omnibus of that. I'm not one to open books if they're sealed, but I totally would for something like that. Then man, have Ron Marz's part like entirely collected. I don't know about anyone else, but, I, for one, did love Kyle Rayner. How could you not? The dude's a comic artist and his constructs were waaaay better and more imaginative than anything else. I don't know if DC will ever collect that series, but let's hope they do. They're doing the Silver Age one perfectly. I don't know how they're going to complete it though. Cause it ends on the first Neal Adams issue. Since it was done in Absolute form, I'm unsure if they'll collect it going forward. But I know that if they do, that would be the start of the Bronze Age. So with that said, they'd have to collect all of Vol. 2.2, leading up into Vol. 3 with all of the minis. Geoff Johns series is the only Lantern series entirely collected at once. So let's hope they do more. Plus, Robert Vendetti's GL was pretty damn enjoyable. I loved it, I hope they eventually Omnibus that as well.

Knightfall Vol 2
    DW 10th/11th - it still seems weird to me that the 9th wasn't first...
    Darth Vader omnibus (so excited!)

I have a bunch of other pre-orders looming but I can't remember dates;
    TMNT
    Transformers
    WicDic
    Bond - possibly Black Box is due?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    DW 10th/11th - it still seems weird to me that the 9th wasn't first...
    I know. Kind of ticks me off.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It really grates my OCD haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Does somebody have Spawn Vault Edition? I'm curious about this book.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Does somebody have Spawn Vault Edition? I'm curious about this book.
    I got mine in yesterday. I can take some pics tonight or tomorrow and put them up. I only got to flip through it, but it was a nice package. A little gutter loss on the double-page spreads, but that may be due to some of the newness. I didn't get a sketch, just the 1:6 notarized signature. Not much in the way of extras, at least on first glance; but if you like Spawn or McFarlane's art it's a great collection.

Managed to get that beauty.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dbngaa View Post
    I got mine in yesterday. I can take some pics tonight or tomorrow and put them up. I only got to flip through it, but it was a nice package. A little gutter loss on the double-page spreads, but that may be due to some of the newness. I didn't get a sketch, just the 1:6 notarized signature. Not much in the way of extras, at least on first glance; but if you like Spawn or McFarlane's art it's a great collection.
    Got a signature, that's cool. IST didn't ship mine out until today for some reason. Hopefully i get something extra!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Thanks, that showed me how to buy them but didn't give me much perspective from an owner. Did you not want to want to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Thanks, that showed me how to buy them but didn't give me much perspective from an owner. Did you not want to want to discuss?
    Well, we don't know what that collection would, ehm, collect, but you can have a look on great art for all spines by Boo Cook and that gives a lot. There would be B&W and stories in color, not sure what you need to know.

I haven't read these, so I can't tell you anything about them. I thought you could find more info on the site.

Amazing Member

lvizzz -- those two Dredds are part of the mega collection? They made them look like individual books of specific story arcs instead of just the continuing complete volumes. Are they in color? Thanks
    I think you're confusing the Mega Collection with the Case Files? The Case Files are collecting everything chronologically, the Mega Collection is a sort of 'best of' collection. Books are either whole stories or collections of stories linked by character or theme.
    The Mega Collection has both B+W and colour books. Some books are reproducing colour double spreads on early stories, which the Case Files don't, but not all.