Page 72 of 865 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I know, I know. There's also the John Buscema Silver Surfer AE in the same announcements (drool) - not to mention the two Steranko SHIELD ones, Graham Ingels EC and Best of EC Vol. 2 etc. etc.

Plus the Graphitti Designs Gallery Editions will really be their version of AEs (17x12", thick paperstock etc.), with Kelley Jones Batman, TDKR and Killing Joke amongst others, so they've gotta get some of my hard-earned money as well.
    jeez tnx for all the infos, i guess! lol

Fantastic Member

Received a mail from Amazon that my Witzend box set is preparing for shipping. Oh my god, can't wait until the beggining of the next week!

The new previews is out. Check out the order form to see what's coming up... http://www.previewsworld.com/support.../JUL14_COF.pdf

What are you (considering) getting? I posted some previews pages for the solicitations of European comics here http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post208087

These are on my short list:

Dark Horse
    - MIND MGMT HC VOL 04 MAGICIAN
    - NEW YORK FOUR DARK HORSE ED TP (collects New York Four and New York Five in one edition)
    - VEIL HC (Greg Rucka)

DC/Vertigo
    - WAKE HC (Snyder/Murphy)
    - UNWRITTEN TP VOL 10 WAR STORIES

- MANHATTAN PROJECTS HC VOL 01

Drawn & Quarterly
    - BUMPERHEAD HC (new Gilbert Hernandez!)

Humanoids
    - BARBARELLA DLX ED SUPER OVERSIZED HC
    - BRAMBLE DLX ED HC

NBM
    - BEAUTY HC (by Hubert & Kerascoët that also created Beautiful Darkness that D&Q published!)
    - MISS DONT TOUCH ME OMNIBUS HC (also by Hubert & Kerascoët)

Pantheon
    - CHARLES BURNS SUGAR SKULL GN
    - SHOPLIFTER HC (by Michael Cho, art looks awesome!)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Received a mail from Amazon that my Witzend box set is preparing for shipping. Oh my god, can't wait until the beggining of the next week!
    Mines coming too, really psyched!

Is anyone getting the Charles Schulz Peanuts Artist Ed HC?

Just curious.

Hey people new reader here interested in collecting some omnibus editions. Can anyone help me compile a list of comic runs that are collected in one giant individual book? I think I'd prefer to read a series that way with a book mark than buying stacks of trades.
    So far on my list is Frank Miller's Daredevil, , Invisibles, Planetary, and Sleeper Omnibus editions which all collect the entire run in one book. I've pre-ordered the new Sin City omnibus too. Might by Rising Stars Compendium. What other good entire series can I read in this single book format?

thanks
    Last edited by Rorschach; 06-19-2014 at 05:05 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Hey people new reader here interested in collecting some omnibus editions. Can anyone help me compile a list of comic runs that are collected in one giant individual book? I think I'd prefer to read a series that way with a book mark than buying stacks of trades.
    So far on my list is Frank Miller's Daredevil, , Invisibles, Planetary, and Sleeper Omnibus editions which all collect the entire run in one book. I've pre-ordered the new Sin City omnibus too. Might by Rising Stars Compendium. What other good entire series can I read in this single book format?

thanks
    Sleeper and Planetary are probably your best choices, good picks. Apart from that, try the New X-Men omnibus, X-statix omnibus (should be heavily discounted on Amazon and Cheap-comics.com), Squadron supreme omnibus (if you can get it cheap), Uncanny X-Force omnibus and a bunch more. What is your taste?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Haven't checked this board in three weeks. Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Is anyone getting the Charles Schulz Peanuts Artist Ed HC?

Just curious.
    Speaking of AE's, I think it would be amazing to get an AE from the original TMNT books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    First time in memory that Amazon had the best price for a comic item I wanted.
    trying to be nicer

Got me some new books this week. With all the Tintin questions last week I decided to get me two of them too. I'm a little surprised by The Good Inn, since I expected a graphic novel, but instead it's a novel with illustrations. Story sounds very promising and the illustrations throughout look very good and seem to enhance the story rather than just accompany it. By Chance or Providence isn't as tightly bound as expected. It's rather small, but opens pretty good imo.

Last edited by MartinNL; 06-20-2014 at 02:39 AM.

All-New Member

I've recently bought "In the shadow of no towers" HC by A. Spiegelman off Amazon and I noticed that the book is visibily curved (to the extent it can stand without support). Since I don't know anyone who has purchased this book, and I cannot find pics of its profile either, can you confirm that that's the way it is supposed to be? Or is it damaged?

thanks
    Vertigo's House of Mystery is a great one, collecting the entire run, as is the massive Conan collection that Dark Horse just released that collects Busiek's run, or X-Statix, which is amazing (although don't read the freakin' intro before you read the book because it contains a major spoiler).

But if you're looking for entire collections by artist or writer, there's plenty, including Walt Simonson's Thor or Roger Stern's Spider-Man, or Grant Morrison's Animal Man or (about-to-be-released) Doom Patrol.

Also, DC has been collecting pretty much everything Geoff Johns does although in some cases it takes more than one omnibus bus.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

thanks
    If you in any way like Claremont X-Men stories, then hunt down Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon.
    Amazing modern run and you don't really have to have knowledge of X-Men 1985-2000 to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    X-Statix, which is amazing (although don't read the freakin' intro before you read the book because it contains a major spoiler).
    Whew, glad you posted this. Just about to start reading. Cheers for the heads up