Page 721 of 865 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721722723724725731771821 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 12974
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Anyone familiar with the planet of the apes material in the new archives?
    Yeah, that's collecting the original Marvel stuff that's been out of print for like ages in all brand new HC's. Thanks to God, that's happening. The Apes series from Marvel was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    Yeah, it does. I saw it today at the comic shop and it did in fact have a dust-jacket. But man, those HC's are awfully put together. It's a fucking bear trap to open. Me, honestly, I wouldn't even spend the money on those. Cause you can't even keep the book open, the binding is too tight and it's full of insane gutter-loss. What a waste of a perfectly good book.
    As I recall, the first volume initially didn't have a dust jacket but when the re-released it again a few years back, the newer edition did come with one. I'm not 100 percent sure but there was a volume - either 1 or 2 - that didn't come with one when first released.

Amazing Member

Well, the book I held said "First Edition" and it was signed by Starkings on the shelf. However, I wouldn't buy it cause the books just not worth owning. That's an impossible hardcover. It's a million times worse than an older DC Omnibus. It's too damn small, it's half the size of a standard hardcover. Plus, it doesn't even stay open, it's literally glued shut with that glued binding mess. Now, if he printed his series on the new edition HC's like Rick Remender has or Ed Brubaker has, then it's worth owning. But even if I'm a collector and I know that's worth something. I'd literally just buy it to resale it, cause it's not worth owning. Though, I have no idea who the **** got that book binded like that. But they did a total **** job on it. Next time I go, I'll snap a pic for you and show you so you can see. It's pretty horrendous and it'll probably make you cringe seeing that Frankenstein monster.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    As I recall, the first volume initially didn't have a dust jacket but when the re-released it again a few years back, the newer edition did come with one. I'm not 100 percent sure but there was a volume - either 1 or 2 - that didn't come with one when first released.
    This is correct. The original volume 1 and 2 did not, and had different trade dress than volumes 3 on. Volume 1 was reprinted/re-released with updated trade dress to match the other volumes, but an updated volume 2 never was. So volume 2 sticks out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks, I have first print, seems it doesn't have dj.

@katatonia - it's true those books have terrible binding but they are not small, 'half the size of standard hardcover'. I'm not sure what you mean by saying 'it's not worth owning'. It's worth for me but people are different: I see guys here who have everything on shelf in alphabetical order, or by authors, or by publishers - most common way to organize collection - or folks who get mental when they even small scratch on books. Or even worse: some people have half of collection still in shrink wrap. Or people don't buy books, even they are one of the best comics I've read just because there is art on spine which looks bad if you don't own entire collection - wink, wink Balakin. That's just weird, man! Me, I don't care, I love my messy collection, I don't have OCD.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vit Skorpion View Post
    Hi, i could not find a general valiant collectors edition forum topic, so decided to make my first post here, can anyone recommend this blast from the ninety's?

http://www.comicsbeat.com/ninjak-the...ginal-90s-run/
    I hope this is like the Quantum and Woody Omnibus and not the X-O Manowar Omnibus they did... X-O didn't have the oversized art. It was normal sized art on oversized pages.

Does somebody from here go to London SCC next weekend? I'm thinking about it to get some books signed by Bendis but I can see Frazer Irving will be there as well, but I don't see his name on signing schedule. Will he be signing, does somebody know?

http://londonsupercomiccon.com/creators.php

http://londonsupercomiccon.com/schedule.html

EDIT:

http://londonsupercomiccon.com/map.html

I got it, they do Artist Alley, so many people.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 08-18-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Gosh has limited to 200 copies Here's Negan with bookplate signed by Adlard.

Mighty Member

Someone had asked for some pics of the Spawn Vault Edition, here ya go!

https://imgur.com/a/W2rd1

I only have the Michael Turner Gallery Edition to compare it to, but here are my thoughts. Seems a little inferior in production, cover seems flimsier, some gotter loss on double page spreads. Not too bad mind you, just for comparisons sake. Not much in the way of extras i noticed on my initial flip through: some extra pin ups, forward by McFarlane, and a career writeup at the end. If you're a fan of McFarlane I'd say go for it, especially with the hefty image discount here in the states. I doubt I'd pay retail for it. Not sure what the production run is on these typically, but i believe this is limited to 1500, and they are all signed, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    I think you're confusing the Mega Collection with the Case Files? The Case Files are collecting everything chronologically, the Mega Collection is a sort of 'best of' collection. Books are either whole stories or collections of stories linked by character or theme.
    The Mega Collection has both B+W and colour books. Some books are reproducing colour double spreads on early stories, which the Case Files don't, but not all.
    Thanks -- I was confusing the two, you're right. Appreciate the info!

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Anyone familiar with the planet of the apes material in the new archives?
    Also are these books oversized, and how are the bindings/build quality?

Ok new printing

Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus Hardcover – October 17, 2017
    by Walt Simonson (Author)

I have to know about the coloring!!!

Someone with inside info please help!! Original coloring or awful recolored edition?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Ok new printing

Someone with inside info please help!! Original coloring or awful recolored edition?
    They already spent the time snd money remastering those issues. They're not gonna go back and release the originals at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Ok new printing

If it ever gets released with original coloring my money is on when the Masterworks get there.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

They already spent the time snd money remastering those issues. They're not gonna go back and release the originals at this point.
    Damn, maybe I will learn to like them then.