Page 723 of 865 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 12974

Haven't seen PoB there, as you said: he sits at the Humanoids but try with other stores there, they might have it. You can always go earlier to Gosh, they have 10% less for attendees of LCSS for all purchases.

Only he charges for everything, McLeod does it for second signature, I haven't checked all tables. Don't get me even started on this 'artist', he represents everything what I'm against.

I'm tempted to go tomorrow so I can get all my stuff signed but that might be too much for me.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 08-25-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This is pretty normal. You can be pissed all you want, but be aware many many creators, artists and writers a like charge 5+ a signature. It's not just him. I can deal with 5 per, I may not get everything I want signed, but I'll pay a couple bucks.

I was at a con back in the spring and Fabian was charging 15 per. That's ridiculous.
    Doesn't mean it's good. I refuse to pay, that's all. He gets royalties from books I've bought and he dares to charge me more. Few years ago Snyder was at Gosh, q was huge, and guess what. He didn't charge. There was a limit per customer, but that's fair enough, you want that q moving. It's up to a person and it just shows their class and attitude towards readers.

And you know what? It's not 'pretty normal', not here at least. Just look what Buckingham has done to me, and I didn't ask him for it. You wanna screw over your readers? Fine, but don't expect much respect. I won't buy Jae Lee book from now, nothing what contains his art will live on my shelf. I've got lots of my books signed and nobody has ever asked me for money.

Are you referring to Fabian Nicienza? 15 bucks for signature?!
    Last edited by lvizzz; 08-26-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Doesn't mean it's good. I refuse to pay, that's all. He gets royalties from books I've bought and he dares to charge me more. Few years ago Snyder was at Gosh, q was huge, and guess what. He didn't charge. There was a limit per customer, but that's fair enough, you want that q moving. It's up to a person and it just shows their class and attitude towards readers.

And you know what? It's not 'pretty normal', not here at least. Just look what Buckingham has done to me, and I didn't ask him for it. You wanna screw over your readers? Fine, but don't expect much respect. I won't buy Jae Lee book from now, nothing what contains his art will live on my shelf. I've got lots of my books signed and nobody has ever asked me for money.

It's very normal. I can't speak for euro cons, but the couple I've been to here in the states many creators charge. I'm not saying I agree with the practice or that everyone does it, but it's become very common and varies person to person. I don't mind throwing them a couple bucks, especially the older guys. We all know comics isn't exactly lucrative. I was just letting you know it's much more common than Jae Lee doing it

And yeah, Fabian Nicienza. He was really trying to cash in on the Deadpool craze.

I don't 'like' it, but I also don't have an issue with people earning money. Is the signature worth that money to somebody? I dislike it, but I don't think that it is immoral.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

So I managed to find the Book of Death Deluxe Edition at a LCS in Winnipeg today for $25. Definitely beats the $200 something pricepoint people are trying to sell it for elsewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It's very normal. I can't speak for euro cons, but the couple I've been to here in the states many creators charge. I'm not saying I agree with the practice or that everyone does it, but it's become very common and varies person to person. I don't mind throwing them a couple bucks, especially the older guys. We all know comics isn't exactly lucrative. I was just letting you know it's much more common than Jae Lee doing it

And yeah, Fabian Nicienza. He was really trying to cash in on the Deadpool craze.
    I have only been to a couple here in Europe, I am from Denmark, but its not uncommon here for creators to charge something.
    I really dont have a problem with that practice at all. Often the actual amount of money they get from sales is pretty low and then when they sit there signing for hours at a time I dont really have a problem with them getting some money out of it. A lot of the time the creators dont actually get anything to go to these cons accept transportation and stuff like that so I think its completely fine to give them a little money when they spend an entire weekend of their time on stuff like this.

It's actually pretty normal here in the US, but I wouldn't pay 15 cents for Nicienza's autograph. Not that he's a bad writer, but, wow, that's a lot for someone I don't consider a superstar in the industry. Each to their own, though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So I managed to find the Book of Death Deluxe Edition at a LCS in Winnipeg today for $25. Definitely beats the $200 something pricepoint people are trying to sell it for elsewhere.
    just curious...which shop? I live in The Peg but haven't really explored the LCS's other than Galaxy on Henderson...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    just curious...which shop? I live in The Peg but haven't really explored the LCS's other than Galaxy on Henderson...
    It was Galaxy, the upstairs portion anyway.

I need your opinion about Brian Talbot's work. I rememeber people have been giving his Arkwright Integral very good reviews. He will be signing at Orbital Comics in November. Thanks in advance.
    Not read Arkwright but i dig Talbots Grandville books. They have a quaint charm to them.
    I hear good things about his One Bad Rat and Alice in Sunderland.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 08-27-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Figured id post my LSCC haul too:

First off, gutted that i missed Bendis
    Queuing for Guillem March and by the time i was done theyd capped the line. Seems really odd to give the headline guest a one hour signing session...
    And id brought the frickin' 10-tonne crime noir omni for him to sign, as well, Bah!

Still, got some good swag;

Guillem March was funny and real nice to chat too. As were the guys repping at his table who made sure a bunch of us got sketches after Guillem had to leave to go to a panel. I'd arranged to pick up a Judge Hershey commission from Guillem, who also threw in some signed prints and his latest sketchbook too, which was ace! Also got a sketch in my copy of Monika Vol.1, with sigs in Vol.2 and his Cover Girls artbook.

GuillemMarch_JudgeHershey.jpgGuillemMarch_Swag.jpg

Got a Judge Death from Jae Lee, who was also real friendly and we chatted a bit about his upcoming creator-owned book.

JaeLee_JudgeDeath.jpg

I didnt get any books signed :P
    Though I can confirm he was signing for free during his alotted time at the signing tables.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 08-27-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Picked up Judge Anderson pieces from both Lee Garbett and Mirka Andolfo (sensing a theme...) again, both good folks. Got Lee to sign my XO Manowar HC.

LeeGarbett_JudgeAnderson.jpgMirkaAndolfo_JudgeAnderson.jpg

And my last pick up was a Dredd headsketch from Ilias Kyriazis which was an impulse commision in my last half hour of the show! I enjoyed his work on Secret Identity with Jay Faerber and his portfolio caught my eye...

IliasKyriazis_JudgeDredd.jpg
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 08-27-2017 at 03:06 PM.

A good tip from Lvizzz (thanks, man!) meant I scored a copy of Pride of Baghdad at a dealer so I got it signed and sketched in by Niko Henrichon, who was a pleasure to talk to. I mentioned how I hope to meet BKV at Thought Bubble in September so he left a note for him to see.
    I also bought a Metabarons book he illustrated, so he sketched in that too. (And it came with a free signed Ladron print! Woo!)
    And thats Batman Noel signed by Bermejo.

IMG_1322.jpgIMG_1329.jpg
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 08-27-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Not bothered about signings myself, but those are some pretty sweet sketches especially the Lee Judge Death
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 08-27-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Otherwise, the rest of my time was spent getting sigs;

Terry Dodson in Red One Vol.1 and Muse HCs, Mike Norton in Revival Book One Deluxe:

IMG_1325.jpg

Doug Braithwaite & Trevor Hairsine at the Valiant booth in the Book of Death, Divinity and Unity Deluxes:

IMG_1326.jpg

So yeah, despite missing Bendis (and Greg Staples who still hadnt turned up...), I had a pretty good con!
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 08-27-2017 at 03:07 PM.