Page 735 of 837 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 12550
  1. #11011
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Zarcone and Stokoe tonight...





  2. #11012
    Astonishing Member Dark-Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    My haul from Thought Bubble;

    image.jpg

    Most posted before but I picked up a few new collections. All now signed by their respective writers and/or artists.

    Was psyched to find a copy of the con-exclusive Hit 1955 HC in a bargain bin!
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 09-24-2017 at 01:58 AM.

  3. #11013
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    I am really struggling with an omnibus order guys, would love some help.

    I want to purchase the upcoming Swamp Thing bronze age HC omnibus, this one to be precise;
    http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/swa...ibus-hardcover

    Here are my options;

    Purchase from Amazon for £85 with next day delivery and it releases on the 17th October.

    Purchase from Forbidden Planet International for £60.29 with a release date of this Wednesday and they don't charge until that date however, I am moving back to university on Saturday and will not know my exact campus accomodation so I don't know what to do.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  4. #11014
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Just found an even better deal on Speedyhen. Do they charge your card prior to or on dispatch?
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  5. #11015
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    I think Speedyhen is at order, but I'm not 100% sure. Check Wordery and BookDepository too, although these days SH tend to be my cheapest option. Can you get it sent home and send on to you? Do you know what what building you will be in, if you're in halls? Ask them to keep it at reception for a few days

  6. #11016
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I am really struggling with an omnibus order guys, would love some help.

    I want to purchase the upcoming Swamp Thing bronze age HC omnibus, this one to be precise;
    http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/swa...ibus-hardcover

    Here are my options;

    Purchase from Amazon for £85 with next day delivery and it releases on the 17th October.

    Purchase from Forbidden Planet International for £60.29 with a release date of this Wednesday and they don't charge until that date however, I am moving back to university on Saturday and will not know my exact campus accomodation so I don't know what to do.
    forbidden planet will probably send it via DPD, that's what happened to my Rachel rising omnibus last year and they can't deliver it to you you can just arrange a redelivery to a pick up shop if that's more convenient to you.
    Speedyhen charges straight away, it will be in your pending transactions until despatch. Although they are pretty crap with getting stock on release day so gods know if they will despatch it on the day it says on their website. But that can be the same with FP too.

  7. #11017
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I am really struggling with an omnibus order guys, would love some help.

    I want to purchase the upcoming Swamp Thing bronze age HC omnibus, this one to be precise;
    http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/swa...ibus-hardcover

    Here are my options;

    Purchase from Amazon for £85 with next day delivery and it releases on the 17th October.

    Purchase from Forbidden Planet International for £60.29 with a release date of this Wednesday and they don't charge until that date however, I am moving back to university on Saturday and will not know my exact campus accomodation so I don't know what to do.
    Just to give you another option...

    https://www.reedcomics.com/swamp-thi...ibus-hardcover

    This is where I buy all my "bigger" books from. Packaging is always great and delivery is pretty quick. They've always offered next day delivery too. Bad news is their release date is showing as 6th October.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  8. #11018
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just to give you another option...

    https://www.reedcomics.com/swamp-thi...ibus-hardcover

    This is where I buy all my "bigger" books from. Packaging is always great and delivery is pretty quick. They've always offered next day delivery too. Bad news is their release date is showing as 6th October.
    I'll vouch for Reed, its not very often they're the cheapest (you have to factor in shipping too) but the packaging is top notch.

    I get my monthly floppies through them and the occasional Omni/OHC I cant find cheaper anywhere else (as a subscriber I have the option of getting other books shipped with my monthly sub and just paying the one shipping cost which is capped at something like £5).

  9. #11019
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I think Speedyhen is at order, but I'm not 100% sure. Check Wordery and BookDepository too, although these days SH tend to be my cheapest option. Can you get it sent home and send on to you? Do you know what what building you will be in, if you're in halls? Ask them to keep it at reception for a few days
    Hi there. I cannot get my mum to send it up because I don't want to incovenience her and she is having a lot of personal problems, so wouldn't want to pressure her 'y know.

    I know the halls but not the room/block. If I put it as the reception, the post staff would reject it.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  10. #11020
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    forbidden planet will probably send it via DPD, that's what happened to my Rachel rising omnibus last year and they can't deliver it to you you can just arrange a redelivery to a pick up shop if that's more convenient to you.
    Speedyhen charges straight away, it will be in your pending transactions until despatch. Although they are pretty crap with getting stock on release day so gods know if they will despatch it on the day it says on their website. But that can be the same with FP too.
    Ahh the part about bad stock levels worries me.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  11. #11021
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I'll vouch for Reed, its not very often they're the cheapest (you have to factor in shipping too) but the packaging is top notch.

    I get my monthly floppies through them and the occasional Omni/OHC I cant find cheaper anywhere else (as a subscriber I have the option of getting other books shipped with my monthly sub and just paying the one shipping cost which is capped at something like £5).
    Thank you. I might stick for Reed then! I am very familiar with them but have never made a purchase.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  12. #11022
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just to give you another option...

    https://www.reedcomics.com/swamp-thi...ibus-hardcover

    This is where I buy all my "bigger" books from. Packaging is always great and delivery is pretty quick. They've always offered next day delivery too. Bad news is their release date is showing as 6th October.
    Thank you. I may have to decide next Saturday, when I am at uni!
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  13. #11023
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I'll vouch for Reed, its not very often they're the cheapest (you have to factor in shipping too) but the packaging is top notch.

    I get my monthly floppies through them and the occasional Omni/OHC I cant find cheaper anywhere else (as a subscriber I have the option of getting other books shipped with my monthly sub and just paying the one shipping cost which is capped at something like £5).
    Yeah I'm always happy to pay a bit extra with Reed Comics and know that the book will arrive in good condition. I'm building up a decent amount of loyalty points now too.

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Thank you. I may have to decide next Saturday, when I am at uni!
    I'll be getting this omni at some point too, but not as soon as you. I'm on a Star Wars kick at the moment!
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  14. #11024
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Do omnis tend to decrease in price? Think I might just grab the new Journey into Mystery omni first. Saying that, my new tablet is arriving today and that is my main source of reading.

    The plan is to only buy digital sales and an omnibus to keep me going up until at least Christmas.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  15. #11025
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Do omnis tend to decrease in price? Think I might just grab the new Journey into Mystery omni first. Saying that, my new tablet is arriving today and that is my main source of reading.

    The plan is to only buy digital sales and an omnibus to keep me going up until at least Christmas.
    Not typically. That said we are about to enter the biggest Sales Cycle of the calendar year. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Inventory Clearance etc etc so anything is possible as far as getting it cheaper...or not. Once an OMNI sells out, especially the more desired ones, finding it for MSRP cover is pretty hard to impossible.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •