Page 736 of 865 FirstFirst ... 236636686726732733734735736737738739740746786836 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 12974
    Extraordinary Member

Thanks guys. Guess it is a toss up between Swamp Thing and JIM. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Thanks guys. Guess it is a toss up between Swamp Thing and JIM. Any ideas?
    JiM is already out and cheaper. I don't see swampy going oop soon and you could just get it after you figured out your new place. That's my 2 cents.

MSRP? Those sales are definitely as good over :P Although, I did a few good deals last time...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    My haul from Thought Bubble;

Attachment 55116

Most posted before but I picked up a few new collections. All now signed by their respective writers and/or artists.

Was psyched to find a copy of the con-exclusive Hit 1955 HC in a bargain bin!
    Bigger picture please.

Also jealous!

So I was at Baltimore Comic Con and Valiant had a booth. I asked about potential reprints of a couple of their deluxes. Their answer was to basically bug Dinesh as often as possible.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So it looks like the Justice League International omni was pushed back two weeks. It now says it will be available October 10th instead of tomorrow. That's okay though because I have a ton of other stuff to buy on that day as well, so it will save me money on shipping.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Hey everyone,

So my Incognito 'reprint' which I got from Amazon DE arrived with only a few dings, so I'm happy about that. As others reported there's an ugly sticker on the back which looks like it could a leave a nasty mark so I'll keep it there. Happy to see my 'Brubaker' shelf growing.

Also I scored a limited edition of the Thorgal Bande Déssinées (mentioning this because I know there's some love for EuroComics around here). limited to 2000, it collects the 34 volumes (there's 35 as of today, but hell...) with 2 BD per book. It's over-sized by Europeans standards, so it's bigger than Absolutes. I included a picture of one of these with a classic XIII BD. Very happy with these!

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

and the picture next to XIII

IMG_4900.jpg

Mighty Member

^I'm guessing the Thorgal's are in French? Been interested in this series, i wished they'd release more European works in the States in these kinds of formats (and in English obviously). They look great.
    Last edited by awayne83; 09-26-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Has there ever been an absolute ex machina before? I stumbled upon a Spanish version on book depository today from 2011. I hope that one day they give it the omnibus treatment.

16072258.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    JiM is already out and cheaper. I don't see swampy going oop soon and you could just get it after you figured out your new place. That's my 2 cents.
    Well, Swamp Thing has sold out instantly and as you highlight, JIM is cheaper. Will decide on Monday once I have my address.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^I'm guessing the Thorgal's are in French? Been interested in this series, i wished they'd release more European works in the States in these kinds of formats (and in English obviously). They look great.
    Yep, in French indeed.

I have a pretty big collection of English books, so I try to get the 'classics' in my native language. I don't get why these series are not widely available in English...

@Noob_Nathan no Absolute version for Ex Machina. Only Deluxe version which is pretty hard to find. It's crazy to see some of these translated versions managing to come up with nicer stuff than the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Well, Swamp Thing has sold out instantly and as you highlight, JIM is cheaper. Will decide on Monday once I have my address.
    Swamp thing will not be released until next week and will be widely available. Anything can happen, but DC is very good about keeping books in stock for a while. I can't remember a single instance where a DC omni sold out within the first week or even month.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I expect Swamp Thing to sell very well but indeed, it comes out next week. So it can't be "sold out". A site could possibly have capped it's Pre-Orders I suppose but that's not selling out. That's just a retailer knowing what it handle and/or guarantee within reason to it's client base.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Bigger picture please.

Also jealous!
    Whoops!

IMG_1371_2.jpg