Page 737 of 865 FirstFirst ... 237637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,055 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I expect Swamp Thing to sell very well but indeed, it comes out next week. So it can't be "sold out". A site could possibly have capped it's Pre-Orders I suppose but that's not selling out. That's just a retailer knowing what it handle and/or guarantee within reason to it's client base.
    nah it's probably just some UK sites saying Out of stock because the release date was today but since it moved to next week they didn't get any stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Very cool, very cool.

Biggest name who signed your books is...

I have to attend next year, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hey everyone,

So my Incognito 'reprint' which I got from Amazon DE arrived with only a few dings, so I'm happy about that. As others reported there's an ugly sticker on the back which looks like it could a leave a nasty mark so I'll keep it there. Happy to see my 'Brubaker' shelf growing.

Also I scored a limited edition of the Thorgal Bande Déssinées (mentioning this because I know there's some love for EuroComics around here). limited to 2000, it collects the 34 volumes (there's 35 as of today, but hell...) with 2 BD per book. It's over-sized by Europeans standards, so it's bigger than Absolutes. I included a picture of one of these with a classic XIII BD. Very happy with these!

Attachment 55182

Attachment 55184
    Would you post more pics of that Thorgal collection please? I'm a big fan of Rosinski, pretty much every kid from 70's and 80's knew this book in Poland, we consider that as polish comics, even if it's not.

In Poland it's published by Egmont, you can get every book in HC, it's only 50 pages per book, but it's Europe and in my opinion that's how comics should be published. I don't have all of them but long term plan is to buy them all, spin off included, even if they are not that good.

If you don't care about language Egmont will publish art book with Rosinski's art for 40th anniversary soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Very cool, very cool.

Biggest name who signed your books is...

I have to attend next year, no excuses.
    Toss up between Brian K Vaughn and Frank Quietly, probably.

Extraordinary Member

Small update. I am going to pack my bags today to see if I have space for an omni.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Small update. I am going to pack my bags today to see if I have space for an omni.
    Just take the dustjackets. It's what I do. Soooo much easier to carry

If it makes you feel better, I'm likely going abroad for postgrads and I have NO idea how I am going to handle my books :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I'm likely going abroad for postgrads and I have NO idea how I am going to handle my books :P
    I might be going overseas for one year myself next year

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There are always climate controlled storage units to consider if you can't store with family or friends.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Are the storage options such as that generally expensive? For my masters I will probably just store them, but for my PhD and post doc positions I would prefer to take them with me, although apparently the cost of transporting them isn't too excessive.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member

One more update (for now!)

I didn't buy it today. It would have came tomorrow but, with my bags packed, I realise that I can honestly wait a few days and hopefully the one i want most will decrease a little.

How long does it take you guys to read an omni?

Extraordinary Member

Amazon dropped the pre-order price of swamp thing to £55!!!!!!

Yayayayayay ;d;d;d

Depends on the omnibus to be honest. For example, my GLs are big, my Knightfall is tiny and my Wonder Woman is about half of a GL :P

How long does it take you guys to read an omni?
    Books like Planetary and Sleeper, I read within a week (ish). Books like the Dr Strange omnibus took me about 2 weeks, even though it's about half the size Planetary and Sleeper, but it's silver age, so more actual reading in that one.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazon dropped the pre-order price of swamp thing to £55!!!!!!

Yayayayayay ;d;d;d
    I have it pre ordered on speedyhen for £48, there was some sort of glitch, I had a load of preorders on there, but was checking the prices and most of the omnis had a price drop to £46 so I cancelled and reordered punisher, jli And absolute justice league at the new price, they must of noticed as prices have all gone back up now