Page 741 of 865 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745751791841 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've got two issues left in the LE and I agree although I'm curious how it wraps up. I was the same way - this is a lot of stuff for 9 issues.

EDIT: Finished it. Good read and would recommend although I did think the art kind of blah for most of the second half.
    Thanks for your feedbacks, guys!

I'm a big Remender fan, of his indie books anyway I haven't read any of his marvel stuff, but when I saw some of the comments I was pretty underwhelmed. Looking forward to reading this now, I just received it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Terminator hardcover comes out tomorrow, looking forward to adding it next to the two Aliens and the Predator hc's. It's too bad no more of these have been solicited so far. I'd think an Aliens vs Predator one would be a no brainer.
    Well I picked up the Terminator book today and the back page is an ad for all four current hardcovers and at the bottom it says "ALIENS VS PREDATOR COMING SOON!" so that answers that.

Mighty Member

Anyone familiar with these Mercenary collections that are coming out soon? Sounds interesting, I'm guessing European?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Well I picked up the Terminator book today and the back page is an ad for all four current hardcovers and at the bottom it says "ALIENS VS PREDATOR COMING SOON!" so that answers that.
    Great news, can't wait for first story arc in oversized format. Such a great story!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Anyone familiar with these Mercenary collections that are coming out soon? Sounds interesting, I'm guessing European?
    Yeah, it's European, by Vicente Segrelles. I've got a bunch of the older NBM soft covers. The writing was fairly standard, but the art is really nice. ALL of the art in the first 10 or so volumes is done as an oil painting. I think the new volumes seem a bit overpriced, as they're only like 64 pages for nearly $20 each. I personally didn't enjoy the series enough to want to shell out the cash to upgrade to hardcovers.

Mighty Member

^thank you

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    It's an old story. I believe it's reprinted because of an anniversary or so. Not my cup of tea. I've always collected European comics and never bought these.

I hope the Alien vs Predator book collects both the original series and the sequel, WAR. There were shorter DHP stories between the two but it doesn't look like this line is collecting those types. Then we could get one more AvP hardcover collecting Deadliest of Species and call it a day.

Terminator could use two more hardcovers: The first collecting Secondary Objectives and The Enemy Within, and the second collecting Hunters & Killers and Endgame.

Predator could use one more: collecting Big Game and Race War

Aliens could have several more. Personally I would like to see three more: the first collecting Genocide and Harvest, the second collecting Colonial Marines, and the third collecting Rogue and Labyrinth.

Having said all that it would be nice if they actually did include the one-shots and DHP stories, or even come out with a hardcover collecting all of them in one place (since they aren't so tied to continuity).

Do you like Mills? Are you a fan? Have spare time to listen his talk from Orbital Comics? Here you go!

http://www.orbitalcomics.com/in-the-orbit-of-pat-mills/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Can someone tell me if the paper from the Fables Deluxe Editions are glossy or different from the TPBS?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I have to say, the regular cover for the Low deluxe looks fantastic, better than the DCBS variant. I kinda wish I waited for the regular one now...

Andddd another signing. With Zdarsky this time. After that, talk with Gillen as a host. Awesome event.

And another event, this time with Glenn Fabry and Frazer Irving signing special Scream and Misty issue. David Roach was in store, when I've seen them talking together I said to myself 'Get a picture man' I'm quite a shy person, it's not easy for me to ask about things like that but I always ask anyway, better ask then don't and then thinking afterwards why I haven't.

I need your thoughts about Grandville series by Talbot. Please help me and say it's terrible so I won't buy it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Can someone tell me if the paper from the Fables Deluxe Editions are glossy or different from the TPBS?
    They are glossy.