Page 743 of 865 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    It’s nice to see a picture of someone other than ivizzz but congratulations, first one?

I'm super sorry to disappoint. What's wrong with your faceeeeee.

Sean Murphy! Orbital was packed as hell, never seen it like than, even for Mills or Gibbons. Great talk as well, but finished 30 mins before announced time on social media. Maybe he was tired.

And man, this guy is super cool. Also he looks like he packs a punch big time.

It was confirmed Bruce and Alfred are going to make out. Please don't tell anyone.

And also: I'm stupid, forgot to take Chrononauts, bought it for signing and left home.

Mighty Member

IST had some image books on sale. Combined with the 3% rolling discount they offered this week, got the Reborn and A.D. HCs for under $12 bucks. Also finally broke down and got Valiants Dr. Mirage for 63% off. Secret Empire somehow found it's way into my cart as well, even though i swore off Event HCs. Sigh.
    Last edited by awayne83; 10-24-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Finally got a white whale I've been looking for...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehulk33 View Post
    It feels great when you finally get that one book you've been wanting to get for a while but it's either too expensive or too rare. Or both.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Silly question, and slightly blasphemous, but do I have to watch the original Robocop to understand the Avatar/Boom Frank Miller Robocop series? I picked up the tpb omnibus from Boom that collects the 2 series based off of Miller's unused Robocop 2 and 3 script, but I've never seen the original film myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Silly question, and slightly blasphemous, but do I have to watch the original Robocop to understand the Avatar/Boom Frank Miller Robocop series? I picked up the tpb omnibus from Boom that collects the 2 series based off of Miller's unused Robocop 2 and 3 script, but I've never seen the original film myself.
    Yes! The first Robocop is the only Robocop you need to watch. It's an absolute masterpiece and one of my all time favourite movies (in the top 10 with Aliens, The Rocketeer, Jurassic Park etc). It's very 80s and very violent but a perfect action sci-fi satire (watch the director's cut btw, it has more gore in it but that's just necessary for the satire to work).
    Also the make ups and special effects are brilliant too, there's gonna be some stop motion that you might laugh now but it's a pre CG movie and it's amazing how detailed and meticulous the stop motion is.
    +Poledouris' score is just divine.
    Verhoven had some hick ups in his career but when he hits the mark he hits it big (like Total Recall and Starship troopers).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Yes! The first Robocop is the only Robocop you need to watch. It's an absolute masterpiece and one of my all time favourite movies (in the top 10 with Aliens, The Rocketeer, Jurassic Park etc). It's very 80s and very violent but a perfect action sci-fi satire (watch the director's cut btw, it has more gore in it but that's just necessary for the satire to work).
    Also the make ups and special effects are brilliant too, there's gonna be some stop motion that you might laugh now but it's a pre CG movie and it's amazing how detailed and meticulous the stop motion is.
    +Poledouris' score is just divine.
    Verhoven had some hick ups in his career but when he hits the mark he hits it big (like Total Recall and Starship troopers).
    Sounds good, thanks! I picked it up cheap and am a sucker for Jose Juan Ryp's art

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Sounds good, thanks! I picked it up cheap and am a sucker for Jose Juan Ryp's art
    just to clarify, I have no idea about the comics, you just simply need to watch Robocop
    I wanted to pick up the new complete Miller trade but it looked quite overpriced for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    just to clarify, I have no idea about the comics, you just simply need to watch Robocop
    I wanted to pick up the new complete Miller trade but it looked quite overpriced for a trade.
    It is pricey, but I got it for like 18 on clearance, so I bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehulk33 View Post
    I've been looking for that too! How much did you pay?

Ok, today was intense, 4 different events, lots of people met and books signed.

Simon Coleby is on left, John Stokes, who hasn't been announced for event, on right, but they haven't been caught on picture lady from shop didn't do a good job. She's new, seen her first time.

Last edited by lvizzz; 10-28-2017 at 03:34 PM.

And one more. Really happy to have Dreaming Eagles signed by Coleby, might be the only copy like that worldwide.

Stupid me: Paul Grist has done one, ONE page in Doom Patrol omni and I brought it for event.

Orbital does more and more events, this time they did talk with Simon Furman who was a writer for Dracula Files. Rebellion has acquired rights for title and it it was published few days ago. Unfortunately I don't have any Transformers books. After talk I had great conversation with Keith Richardson from 2000 AD about their titles, impact those books have had on me, polish book market and Poland in general; his missus is polish so he knows some stuff but was oblivious about how big market is but knew about some artist which is veryyyy cool.

Scream&Misty special has been signed by pretty much everyone. Read that in underground, first story is really good, mixture of old style - Stokes - with digital art - my boi Irving - rest is ok, I guess, kinda cheesy if I had to be honest.

Black Crown Quarterly is interesting, but I've expected much more meat, like essays and reviews.

Last edited by lvizzz; 10-28-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Question for those who buy 2000 AD progs: I've been told there is no way to easy protect them, bags for floppies have different size, same with boards. Just want to check with you, guys, single issues market is completely unknown territory for me. Also would they fit in boxes?

It's regression, my brain is getting smaller and smaller: started collecting progs!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Question for those who buy 2000 AD progs: I've been told there is no way to easy protect them, bags for floppies have different size, same with boards. Just want to check with you, guys, single issues market is completely unknown territory for me. Also would they fit in boxes?

It's regression, my brain is getting smaller and smaller: started collecting progs!
    I remember getting regular UK comic size bags a while ago (boards too I think) for Warrior Magazine (if you like 2000AD see if you can grab a Warrior comic, very much like 2000AD just more adult orientated) anyway I’m you could get the correct size bags, they will probably still do them now

Yeah, you can get bigger sized bags/boards for Progs and Magazines. 2000AD also sell binders on their site that store a year or so's worth of Progs.