Page 744 of 865 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794844 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 12974

MY LCS had a big sale - 50 percent off all books on Saturday - as part of the Halloween version of FCBD.

DSC01569.jpg

Justice League omnibus: Purchased in a moment of weakness. It was by the cash register. I was tricked.

Wonder Woman deluxe: I've been wanting to check this out. And it's Rucka

Multiversity: I figure this is going to be typical Morrison weirdness but before I can say that, I should probably read it. Also, it was by the check out line. Tricked again!

Rat Queens: I got no idea what this is and never heard of it. But it was like $5 after discount and it caught my curiosity

The Old Guard: Never heard of it, but it's Rucka!

Shadowman: This is mostly Garth Ennis. I read it years ago and want to give it a re-read. Also some Paul Jenkins stuff is included

More books from the sale

DSC01570.jpg

Death of Hawkman: I don't know. I liked the title

Venom: Homecoming: Never could get into Venom but I think it was $5 and it seemed interesting. I read it last night. It was OK....I liked how Venom was kind of a sympathetic character who didn't want to join with the new person.

The Last Days of American Crime: I don't like Remender's MArvel work but he usually hits home runs on his independent stuff!

Kill or Be Killed: Never heard of it but it's Brubaker!

Empress: I'm a Millar fan. Sue me. Ha ha

Last set of books from the sale

DSC01571.jpg

Redneck: Heard a lot of good things about this and Cates is a good friend with a friend of mine. So in case I ever meet the guy I should probably know a little bit about his work. I have read Buzzkill before and it was good but a little amateurish, which is expected for an early work.

Punisher: This is the new series. Kind of curious about it.

Seven to Eternity: Again, I like most of Remender's independent stuff. Wanted to give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    MY LCS had a big sale - 50 percent off all books on Saturday - as part of the Halloween version of FCBD.

DSC01569.jpg

Justice League omnibus: Purchased in a moment of weakness. It was by the cash register. I was tricked.

Wonder Woman deluxe: I've been wanting to check this out. And it's Rucka

Multiversity: I figure this is going to be typical Morrison weirdness but before I can say that, I should probably read it. Also, it was by the check out line. Tricked again!

Rat Queens: I got no idea what this is and never heard of it. But it was like $5 after discount and it caught my curiosity

The Old Guard: Never heard of it, but it's Rucka!

Shadowman: This is mostly Garth Ennis. I read it years ago and want to give it a re-read. Also some Paul Jenkins stuff is included
    Multiversity is a continuation of Final Crisis but it's a bit more restrained and consists of one shots mostly, each showcasing one of the DC multiverse worlds. I think most people tend to enjoy the Shazam issue the most and the Watchmen/Charlton Pax Americana story with Quitely although that one is kind of hard to decipher.

Rat Queens is awesome! The only problem is that the series took a break because of all the negative buzz the first artis' arrest for domestic violence created (follow up artist leaving the project, original artist rumoured to come back but thankfully didn't) so the 2nd deluxe is taking forever to come out.
    Still, I absolutely love that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Multiversity is a continuation of Final Crisis but it's a bit more restrained and consists of one shots mostly, each showcasing one of the DC multiverse worlds. I think most people tend to enjoy the Shazam issue the most and the Watchmen/Charlton Pax Americana story with Quitely although that one is kind of hard to decipher.

Rat Queens is awesome! The only problem is that the series took a break because of all the negative buzz the first artis' arrest for domestic violence created (follow up artist leaving the project, original artist rumoured to come back but thankfully didn't) so the 2nd deluxe is taking forever to come out.
    Still, I absolutely love that series.
    I figure I will probably like about half of Multiversity. LOL I wasn't aware of the behind-the-scenes stuff about Rat Queens. Hopefully everything gets worked out and it can continue. I will probably actually read this one next since it's pretty short.

More books from the sale

DSC01570.jpg

Death of Hawkman: I don't know. I liked the title

Venom: Homecoming: Never could get into Venom but I think it was $5 and it seemed interesting. I read it last night. It was OK....I liked how Venom was kind of a sympathetic character who didn't want to join with the new person.

The Last Days of American Crime: I don't like Remender's MArvel work but he usually hits home runs on his independent stuff!

Kill or Be Killed: Never heard of it but it's Brubaker!

Empress: I'm a Millar fan. Sue me. Ha ha
    Please tell me what you think of The last days of American crime.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I will read that one soon. Just wrapped up Death of Hawkman and it was average at best. Started on Kill or Be Killed and the first issue is great. But it's Brubaker.

Mighty Member

I have the deluxe. I liked it. Ending is a bit generic, but it was interesting enough. But my God! That Tocchini art!

Mighty Member

@tomslick

Got some good stuff in there. I've written about several of those in the 2017 thread, so i know you've "heard" of some of those titles You've been reading my posts, right? Right?! C'mon! I put a lot of work into those! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    @tomslick

Got some good stuff in there. I've written about several of those in the 2017 thread, so i know you've "heard" of some of those titles You've been reading my posts, right? Right?! C'mon! I put a lot of work into those! Lol
    Ha ha, yes, I do read your posts. I don't always recall the books here on the "general" thread as much as I do the Marvel and DC because there's just a ton of indie stuff out there.

EDIT: Just re-read some of your posts there. We both like Rucka! Also, you mentioned Royal City - that's a great read. I've been buying it monthly but will probably upgrade when its completed.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 10-29-2017 at 03:16 PM.

I have the deluxe. I liked it. Ending is a bit generic, but it was interesting enough. But my God! That Tocchini art!
    You mean great art or bad art?

I will read that one soon. Just wrapped up Death of Hawkman and it was average at best. Started on Kill or Be Killed and the first issue is great. But it's Brubaker.
    Ok, let me know.

Mighty Member

You mean great art or bad art?
    Oh, it's great. I didn't realize that could interpreted both ways lol

Oh, it's great. I didn't realize that could interpreted both ways lol
    Haha. Maybe it's just me?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I wish this Vampirella Omnibus was a hardcover. It comes out tomorrow.
    Vampy Omni v1.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime