Page 748 of 865 FirstFirst ... 248648698738744745746747748749750751752758798848 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 12974

And the award for most ridiculous collected edition of 2017 goes to...

Actually, it's a toss up. 23.5" PV Studio Edition (1.5" taller than the biggest IDW AE) and 2500 page tpb.

The PV book isn't even printed at the full size of the original art (which would've been over 40"), but it includes a print of one of the pages at full size.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 11-08-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Purchases from the last month and a half or so:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

For all my comic reading I've never really tried to read Prince Valiant.
    I've sampled a few pages from open books at Conventions and it just didn't grab me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Purchases from the last month and a half or so:
    daaaaamn! That is one nice haul! That PV is just ridiculous I could barely deal with that Tarzan book you have in the background, this one really needs a forklift to read

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    For all my comic reading I've never really tried to read Prince Valiant.
    I've sampled a few pages from open books at Conventions and it just didn't grab me.
    if you like classic adventure stuff it's great! The art is beautiful, it really shines on those oversized pages. It's just great, good old fashioned comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Upon further research this has in fact been cancelled. According to Edelweiss at least.
    Thank you for claryfying.

I did not know that Vertigo had a history of cancelling announced books. My buy list from Vertigo is pretty small and I have been happy with the Hellblazer collections, which are published very steadily.

There is the trade for Dead Boy Detectives from Brubaker, I guess, it is time to buy this one ...

Incredible Member

Hey gang, thank you for a few pages back when you guys led me to some shops in Paris. I visited a couple of them, but was not able to find any English-translated books that weren't already available on, say, Amazon. But still, I was able to snag a framed Blacksad panel.

Incredible Member

Some questions:

1) How come there are no collections of the current Stray Bullets series? Is Lapham wanting to do another Uber Alles edition? Seems like leaving money on the table by not doing smaller collections first.

2) I see there's a Prince Valiant vol 1-3 box set out. I had bought those separately in the past, and am currently eyeing vol 4 onward, especially with vol 5 being sold out on Amazon. Is there any indication whether more box sets are coming, with the next one collecting vol 4-6?

3) When is the next Metabaron book coming out? The singular, not MetabaronS.

Thanks, all!

It was my understanding that the Secret Weapons Deluxe hardcover of the Valiant mini-series was going to be a LCS celebration day exclusive. Coming out next week. Only available to LCS shops that pay to participate in the program at that. Not automatically widely available. I know cause I checked with my LCS some weeks back and he isn't in the "members only pay to play" club that this is about.
    This solicit is now out there at Amazon for what I understand to be the same thing. I know an issue #0 is coming and thought, perhaps the difference is this one has the ZERO issue, but the description doesn't indicate that.

Thoughts by anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Hey gang, thank you for a few pages back when you guys led me to some shops in Paris. I visited a couple of them, but was not able to find any English-translated books that weren't already available on, say, Amazon. But still, I was able to snag a framed Blacksad panel.
    you will rarely find in rint books in LCSs that are cheaper in the shop than online. Also since the Franch/Belgian market is pretty big and they have plenty of their own books I think it's more likely for them to translate the english books to french. I don't really see the point selling French books translated to english in France.
    Was it an original panel you got or a print? In any case, it must be gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Some questions:

1) How come there are no collections of the current Stray Bullets series? Is Lapham wanting to do another Uber Alles edition? Seems like leaving money on the table by not doing smaller collections first.

2) I see there's a Prince Valiant vol 1-3 box set out. I had bought those separately in the past, and am currently eyeing vol 4 onward, especially with vol 5 being sold out on Amazon. Is there any indication whether more box sets are coming, with the next one collecting vol 4-6?

3) When is the next Metabaron book coming out? The singular, not MetabaronS.

Thanks, all!
    2.) it might depend on sales. I wouldn't wait for them just for the box set. I'm sure if if they have copies of vol5 to put it in a box the single volumes will reappear for sale too.
    3.) I would say follow Humanoids on facebook for more info, I didn't see anything yet other than a couple of promo pages.

I'm not that familiar with the Metabaron/s series but I see there's a listing on Amazon for Book 3 (if that's the next one) for June 1, 2018:

https://www.amazon.com/Metabaron-3-O...dp/1594658536/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It was my understanding that the Secret Weapons Deluxe hardcover of the Valiant mini-series was going to be a LCS celebration day exclusive. Coming out next week. Only available to LCS shops that pay to participate in the program at that. Not automatically widely available. I know cause I checked with my LCS some weeks back and he isn't in the "members only pay to play" club that this is about.
    This solicit is now out there at Amazon for what I understand to be the same thing. I know an issue #0 is coming and thought, perhaps the difference is this one has the ZERO issue, but the description doesn't indicate that.

Thoughts by anyone?
    How many issues are there? Are they all collected in this deluxe (except #0) or will there be another deluxe which collects the rest?

^^^^^
    There are only 4 issues, it was a scheduled mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by theusher View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the Metabaron/s series but I see there's a listing on Amazon for Book 3 (if that's the next one) for June 1, 2018:

https://www.amazon.com/Metabaron-3-O...dp/1594658536/
    oops, I've missed this. Yeah this should be the one.