Page 75 of 865 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 12974

Like most of you (I'm assuming) I've got a pretty hefty reading backlog.

Well, I finally got to the Colossal Conan collection by Busiek, and, man, this stuff is freakin' awesome. I set a 100-page per night goal (I'm reading some other stuff, too), and ending up going to about 350 last night. Love it.

Question, once I'm done, has Dark Horse collected any of its other Conan stuff in OHC?

Thanks.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Well, I finally got to the Colossal Conan collection by Busiek, and, man, this stuff is freakin' awesome. I set a 100-page per night goal (I'm reading some other stuff, too), and ending up going to about 350 last night. Love it.

Question, once I'm done, has Dark Horse collected any of its other Conan stuff in OHC?

Thanks.
    Only one I can think of is conan the phenomenom. But if you liked Colossal Conan you'll want to check the upcoming Big damn Sin city which is the same size as Conan
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

I got my copy of witzend today from amazon and it has a dinged corner. Not sure what course of action to take (just deal with it, ask for some partial refund, ask for a new copy) and figured I'd post here and ask opinions. I think what I may do is ask them to give me some money back, but might go the full refund route. It is such a beautiful book, better than I even thought it would be, but I can't seem to get over the fact that it's marred. They sent it in just a cardboard box without even the little air packet thing they sometimes use. On some level I feel like this is my fault for trying to save a few bucks ordering from amazon (they had the best price). I should have known better. Anyway here's some pictures. If you guys could tell me what you think and how you would handle it that would be great. I could also post pics of how great the whole thing is if anyone wants.

20140623_134700.jpg

20140623_134904.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Only one I can think of is conan the phenomenom. But if you liked Colossal Conan you'll want to check the upcoming Big damn Sin city which is the same size as Conan
    Oh, I've got that on order already!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Oh, that's awful. That's weird they use such bad packaging for internal shipping. For me Amazon is one of the best, but I use priority international courier/UPS only. But you need to replace it, of course, ask them for a replacement!

Thanks.
    Just ordered Colossal Conan too. It's been way overdue and it was 80€ on amazon, so I bit the bullet.

I got my copy of witzend today from amazon and it has a dinged corner. Not sure what course of action to take (just deal with it, ask for some partial refund, ask for a new copy) and figured I'd post here and ask opinions. I think what I may do is ask them to give me some money back, but might go the full refund route. It is such a beautiful book, better than I even thought it would be, but I can't seem to get over the fact that it's marred. They sent it in just a cardboard box without even the little air packet thing they sometimes use. On some level I feel like this is my fault for trying to save a few bucks ordering from amazon (they had the best price). I should have known better. Anyway here's some pictures. If you guys could tell me what you think and how you would handle it that would be great. I could also post pics of how great the whole thing is if anyone wants.

20140623_134700.jpg

20140623_134904.jpg
    Well you obviously want the book, so I don't see why you should demand a full refund?! Their customer service (apart from their packaging) is always very good. Just ask for a replacement copy since it's too damaged for you. If it's too costly for them to have the book returned to them (probably not for national post) they'll offer you a replacement copy and tell you to keep the book. That's would just be a bonus however. They'll most likely ask you to return the book and send you a replacement copy at the same time. Hopefully that won't arrive damaged. Ask them to pack well... they will probably give a free upgrade in shipping method which means less handling and less chance for damages.

Damn, I'm so excited for big damn sin city! It's gonna rock, I'm sure!
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 06-23-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Just ordered Colossal Conan too. It's been way overdue and it was 80€ on amazon, so I bit the bullet.
    You won't be disappointed. Imagine an omnibus you own from Dc or Marvel of 1200 pages but with the same paper as the Fear agent Library edition, same size as a library edition and with such a great binding it can actually hold it's giant 14 pound weight for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You won't be disappointed. Imagine an omnibus you own from Dc or Marvel of 1200 pages but with the same paper as the Fear agent Library edition, same size as a library edition and with such a great binding it can actually hold it's giant 14 pound weight for years to come.
    Yeah it's basically both Fear Agent LE's stacked together. That's also what's worrying me, might be a little too much. But like I said in another thread I'll probably get that Taschen stand to make it easier to read.

Speaking of Taschen....if you or anyone else lives near a Taschen store, they are having massive discounts of 50-75% off starting on Thursday till Sunday for slightly damaged and store display items. Who knows maybe also that 75 Years of DC Comics book? They have a couple of stores in Europe and the US. http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/stor...hen_stores.htm
    Last edited by MartinNL; 06-23-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

Well you obviously want the book, so I don't see why you should demand a full refund?! Their customer service (apart from their packaging) is always very good. Just ask for a replacement copy since it's too damaged for you. If it's too costly for them to have the book returned to them (probably not for national post) they'll offer you a replacement copy and tell you to keep the book. That's would just be a bonus however. They'll most likely ask you to return the book and send you a replacement copy at the same time. Hopefully that won't arrive damaged. Ask them to pack well... they will probably give a free upgrade in shipping method which means less handling and less chance for damages.
    They offered the options of A. Replacing the book, B. a 30% discount, or C. Refunding upon return of the book. I think im leaning towards the discount. I doubt they will send the book packaged any better and I dont want to have to do this again. Im going to sleep on it though.

They offered the options of A. Replacing the book, B. a 30% discount, or C. Refunding upon return of the book. I think im leaning towards the discount. I doubt they will send the book packaged any better and I dont want to have to do this again. Im going to sleep on it though.
    I say replacement but it's a decision you have to make

Thanks.
    I don't think they have. Anyone know what size the reprints of the Conan archives are? But I hope they continue to release Colossal Conon volume 2 at some point haha

Get the replacement. I settled for a dented copy of fear agent LE and it's haunted me ever since. Besides amazon aren't going to improve their packaging until they start loosing money from shipping damage so don't hesitate to return and replace. And don't forget to leave amazon scathing packaging feedback (although I doubt they even read those things).

Sad thing is that my damaged copy of fear agent was itself a replacement for another copy that was in perfect condition but was missing pages. You can imagine my disappointment when my replacement came damaged....

Speaking of Taschen.... Who knows maybe also that 75 Years of DC Comics book? They have a couple of stores in Europe and the US. http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/stor...hen_stores.htm
    Wow! I just found my new grail book. That thing makes the colossal conan look puny.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 06-23-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I don't think they have. Anyone know what size the reprints of the Conan archives are? But I hope they continue to release Colossal Conon volume 2 at some point haha
    Don't get me started. Just like with so much of the Dark Horse licensed Marvel material, DH just squander the opportunity. They restore it, then print it either undersized or regular sized. I got the Barry Windsor Smith Conan archives and yes they are standard trim. The only oversized Marvel Star Wars material is a few issues in that Luke Skywalker slipcased omnibus.

On Metabarons, it truly is a shame there isn't a deluxe of Weapons of. It really sticks out in the whole Jodoverse scifi collection.
    Last edited by Mobe1969; 06-23-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Don't get me started. Just like with so much of the Dark Horse licensed Marvel material, DH just squander the opportunity. They restore it, then print it either undersized or regular sized. I got the Barry Windsor Smith Conan archives and yes they are standard trim. The only oversized Marvel Star Wars material is a few issues in that Luke Skywalker slipcased omnibus.

On Metabarons, it truly is a shame there isn't a deluxe of Weapons of. It really sticks out in the whole Jodoverse scifi collection.
    Damn, they do squander the opportunity. You're right. I never thought about it. I remember when they started reprinting the old Marvel Star Wars series in those nice tpbs, and thinking how great it was to read them in order as they came out. Now, I'm thinking about how cool they would have been as OHCs. Course back then I didn't care, but still . . . Now . . . .