Page 754 of 865 FirstFirst ... 254654704744750751752753754755756757758764804854 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Balakin, do you have the Vol. 1 Doc Savage Archives? I've been interested in purchasing it but would like to see some interior pics.

Btw, I'm very interested also in the Buscema Tarzan
    I'll try not to forget to take some pics tomorrow but if you just google it you'll see that the art is excellent, Buscema and mostly DeZuniga (in his prime), black and white, written by Moench. It's based on the movie's design but it's much better than that, fast paced pulp stories told in a bronze age Marvel style.
    The build quality of the book is pretty close to old Marvel omnibuses and it's oversized. I think you would like it.

Really? The only collections I've bought from Dynamite so far are James Bond, and they are HCs not omnibuses, so not really a comparison. Sounds bad though, I love a lot of the stuff that they have properties for haha Isn't Tarzan an open property now though?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Really? The only collections I've bought from Dynamite so far are James Bond, and they are HCs not omnibuses, so not really a comparison. Sounds bad though, I love a lot of the stuff that they have properties for haha Isn't Tarzan an open property now though?
    yeah but these stories are reprints of old Marvel issues (I think it's Marvel)
    The Doc savage ohc btw is good quality I was talking more of the publishing strategies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it already got pushed back like 4 times, I highly doubt it will come out. Wish it would tho, I really do. Just like another Doc Savage Archives or something with the Shadow. I really don't like how Dynamite handles their properties.
    Wasn't this originally solicited as a paperback though? Idk, could be mistaken, but this is the first I remember a HC being announced.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll try not to forget to take some pics tomorrow but if you just google it you'll see that the art is excellent, Buscema and mostly DeZuniga (in his prime), black and white, written by Moench. It's based on the movie's design but it's much better than that, fast paced pulp stories told in a bronze age Marvel style.
    The build quality of the book is pretty close to old Marvel omnibuses and it's oversized. I think you would like it.
    I'd really appreciate that Balakin. I did check quite a while ago but recall not being able to find much re: the interior of the HC. I've never had a Dynamite "archive" type book, only IDW or Dark Horse. I was, therefore, curious how it would be presented - whether it was free of adverts, paper quality, size and such.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Wasn't this originally solicited as a paperback though? Idk, could be mistaken, but this is the first I remember a HC being announced.
    I remember it being on amazon as a HC for some time now. I've been very curious as to its final (if ever) presentation.

I'd really appreciate that Balakin. I did check quite a while ago but recall not being able to find much re: the interior of the HC. I've never had a Dynamite "archive" type book, only IDW or Dark Horse. I was, therefore, curious how it would be presented - whether it was free of adverts, paper quality, size and such.

I remember it being on amazon as a HC for some time now. I've been very curious as to its final (if ever) presentation.
    nah it was always an OHC. I'm keeping an eye on this for a year now maybe even more?
    Here are the pics Raffi, not the best quality but I think you can make them out just fine, let me know if you want more.
    https://imgur.com/a/MgGWg

It's basically an old MArvel omnibus without the ribbon or whatever is that cloth under the binding. But the book doesn't feel flimsy at all. Good, shiny paper and nice faux leather cover. Great presentation overall and has some articles in it but if I remember correctly they are mostly about the movie being made (which is not that great, couple of good scenes but overall quite goofy but not Flash Gordon level to be entertaining. The comicbook series is much better).

nah it was always an OHC. I'm keeping an eye on this for a year now maybe even more?
    Here are the pics Raffi, not the best quality but I think you can make them out just fine, let me know if you want more.
    https://imgur.com/a/MgGWg

It's basically an old MArvel omnibus without the ribbon or whatever is that cloth under the binding. But the book doesn't feel flimsy at all. Good, shiny paper and nice faux leather cover. Great presentation overall and has some articles in it but if I remember correctly they are mostly about the movie being made (which is not that great, couple of good scenes but overall quite goofy but not Flash Gordon level to be entertaining. The comicbook series is much better).
    Thanks for the pics Balakin. The book looks very nice indeed and I'll now be on the lookout for a good price. I enjoyed the Doc Savage movie as a kid but yeah not the same level as Flash Gordon. The latter I saw at the cinema when I was around 10 and it became one of my favourite films ever for quite a while. I ended up buying the Queen vinyl single "Flash" and later the album.

Does the book have any adverts?

Btw, when I wrote HC, I was referring to the Buscema Tarzan Omnibus being a HC (oversized of course)as opposed to a TPB.

Thanks for the pics Balakin. The book looks very nice indeed and I'll now be on the lookout for a good price. I enjoyed the Doc Savage movie as a kid but yeah not the same level as Flash Gordon. The latter I saw at the cinema when I was around 10 and it became one of my favourite films ever for quite a while. I ended up buying the Queen vinyl single "Flash" and later the album.

Does the book have any adverts?

Btw, when I wrote HC, I was referring to the Buscema Tarzan Omnibus being a HC (oversized of course)as opposed to a TPB.
    I meant it as a reply to the original question about it being a trade.
    And yes it has the original adverts!
    As for the movies, let's hope the Rock/Shane Black project really happens, I really want to see that.

I meant it as a reply to the original question about it being a trade.
    And yes it has the original adverts!
    As for the movies, let's hope the Rock/Shane Black project really happens, I really want to see that.
    Thanks for the info Balakin. It'll be interesting if the Shane Black movie goes through.

It's a shame the BOOM Planet of the Apes HCs are not complete as in they don't reprint all the articles and additional stuff. I really wanted to pick them up. I like how Dynamite with the Doc Savage Archives and Marvel with the DHOKF Omnibuses included all of the contents that were contained within the original magazines.

I received Rememder's Crawl Space in the mail today. A blind buy. It's a way bigger book than I thought.

On a side note, I also got Waid's Captain America. I was going to read Crawl Space first but it was just pointed out to me that Ash Vs. Evil Dead is now on Netflix, so I didn't want to double down on the zombies/evil/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I received Rememder's Crawl Space in the mail today. A blind buy. It's a way bigger book than I thought.

On a side note, I also got Waid's Captain America. I was going to read Crawl Space first but it was just pointed out to me that Ash Vs. Evil Dead is now on Netflix, so I didn't want to double down on the zombies/evil/etc.
    It's a mixed bag. It has some good parts, the rest are okay. Its very early in his career, so there's some amateur-ish writing

Astonishing Member

I have started Reading recenlty my first Marvel Omnibus.
    I think Spider-Man Omnibus:1 is great,was expecting a good book but it have surprased my expectations.
    Thumps up for Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus:1.

Another week another signing event, this time with 2000 AD guys. Shame Clint Langley hasn't showed up, I had 15 kgs worth of books for him to sign. Oh well, next time.

Buy Deadworld, art is amazing. I got all bookplates signed as well, q was small, I don't understand people.

Frazer has given me small sketch book for free, love this guy.

That last cover, damn that is awesome
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I have started Reading recenlty my first Marvel Omnibus.
    I think Spider-Man Omnibus:1 is great,was expecting a good book but it have surprased my expectations.
    Thumps up for Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus:1.
    Yeah, that first one is awesome! You can't go wrong with that. If you liked it, you'll like the next ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Another week another signing event, this time with 2000 AD guys. Shame Clint Langley hasn't showed up, I had 15 kgs worth of books for him to sign. Oh well, next time.

Buy Deadworld, art is amazing. I got all bookplates signed as well, q was small, I don't understand people.

Frazer has given me small sketch book for free, love this guy.

Wow, you got a ton of stuff there!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor