Page 757 of 865 FirstFirst ... 257657707747753754755756757758759760761767807857 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 12974

Oh my, I am SO jealous of that Missy! Also, without sounding creepy, I seem to remember a nice haul from her last year? Or maybe your birthday or something... When can I find me a copy of this person?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Oh my, I am SO jealous of that Missy! Also, without sounding creepy, I seem to remember a nice haul from her last year? Or maybe your birthday or something... When can I find me a copy of this person?
    haha I'm still looking for a replacement copy of her
    Got nice stuff from her before (a Godzilla figure and Irredeemable ohc v1 for my bday in October) but she earns more now so she could afford more. BTW Missy is on clearance sale at Toys R Us. That might be the black outfit version tho.

Oh so tempting, if I can drag myself over there I could probably walk it actually, its only by the Kingsway I think?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Also, any strong options from people on Rat Queens or Lost at Sea? I've ordered the latter and am interested in the former.

Also, any strong options from people on Rat Queens or Lost at Sea? I've ordered the latter and am interested in the former.
    I know some folks on here like RQ but I struggled to finish the first tpb.

Someone asked about Spawn. A few years back I was loaned the first 120 issues. There wasn’t one worth a crap (other than the Gaiman and Moore penned one shots).

However, that Sam and Twitch series by Bendis was incredible. And even if you don’t like Bendis, it’s worth getting.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 12-24-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Oh so tempting, if I can drag myself over there I could probably walk it actually, its only by the Kingsway I think?
    Yeah, Kingsway retail park, they had like 2 or 3 sandwiched inbetween Power Rangers and Ben 10 stuff on Wednesday and that's the extent of their DW section. Sad. B&M and Home Bargains in town has some cool DC stuff, got a Darwyn Cooke Designer series Supergirl (with Krypto and Streaky) for £7. I was happy as a clam. (also got a Cooke Batman and GL a couple of weeks ago in B&M)
    Anyway, back to comics:

I LOVED Rat Queens, the humour really worked for me, loved the characters, it was just a fun ride. Weird cause in movies I don't really go for straight up comedies and even in comics I hate stuff like Harley Quinn or Deadpool but then books like Quantum and Woody or RQ amuse me to no end.
    I liked Lost at sea but not as much as Scott Pilgrim or Seconds.

Rat Queens was one of my favourite reads last year along with Locke and Key (completely different books). But this year I think the price goes to Sunstone (along with TF phase 2).

Mighty Member

Rat Queens was pretty decent. I have the HC. Lost at Sea was just meh. I think that was O'malleys first work, and it shows. Although tbh, I've never really loved anything of his other than Scott Pilgrim.

I've got Seconds in my basket, but I have heard off SP before - I might look into getting that too. Thanks!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    But this year I think the prize goes to Sunstone (along with TF phase 2).
    I've tried on two different occasions to get through the Sunstone HC. Just decided it's not for me. Shame as i usually enjoy Sejic's work

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Bit of an advice needed regarding Spawn!

Got a Spawn statue/figure for Christmas from a friend (she got it as a stocking filler cause it was cheap and it actually looks pretty cool) so I feel like I should read some Spawn but my only encounter with the title was the first 20ish issues in the 90s and I would rather not read those again.

So any advice on a good run or jumping on point?

Merry Christmas to you all btw!

Avoid at all costs, I collected about the first 75 issues back in the olden days ( I had about a 50 a month habit back then) got some of the HC’s a few years ago, for nostalgia sake and it was bloody awful, ended up selling them, but as others have mentioned, the Sam and Twitch couple of HC’s are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Avoid at all costs, I collected about the first 75 issues back in the olden days ( I had about a 50 a month habit back then) got some of the HC’s a few years ago, for nostalgia sake and it was bloody awful, ended up selling them, but as others have mentioned, the Sam and Twitch couple of HC’s are very good.
    Isn't the series at like issue 300 now or even over that? Also wasn't there something like Hellspawn or something like that? Funny how big Spawn used to be and now there is nothing worth reading in his runs?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I've tried on two different occasions to get through the Sunstone HC. Just decided it's not for me. Shame as i usually enjoy Sejic's work
    It's not for everyone especially because of the sex stuff and this is the first erotic comic I have ever read (tried Lost girls but nope!) but the slice of life aspect of it just sucked me in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    About The Goddamned: apparently Image decided to publish it at European album (or Remender) size. Not a bad choice, I must say.
    It’s a shame that it’s only like 5 issues in a book given that format..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'll second that. Sam and Twitch is great.

Last haul this year. Promised myself to buy much less books this year.