Page 767 of 865 FirstFirst ... 267667717757763764765766767768769770771777817 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,505 of 12974
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

If InStockTrades is an option for you, I highly recommend them. http://www.instocktrades.com They have some of the best discounts around.

They also have a "Damages" section that's discounted as much as 70% sometimes; I'm pretty sure I've seen some artists editions pop up once in awhile.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Can anyone recommend place to buy artisst edition format books? Looking for online markets (in UK or Europe). Amazon and Speedyhen are good options, but they don't have much books in stock.
    Have you tried http://cheap-comics.com/ ?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoke View Post
    Has there been any word about an Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus reprint? Like an idiot, I put off picking one up for too long before the OOP price skyrocketed.
    This happened to me also, once, with Uncanny X-Force. After that I vowed to never let it happen again. I'd get the book the week of release or not later than up to two months after. That was my own timeline. It's why my "too read" pile is larger than my current "time available to read" but I've not ever again been in the OOP situation.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Nope, but just looked into and it looks like another winner, they really have got to be the best pairing in comics
    Yeah, these guys put out nothing but gold. I can't think of a bad story they've done together.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This happened to me also, once, with Uncanny X-Force. After that I vowed to never let it happen again. I'd get the book the week of release or not later than up to two months after. That was my own timeline. It's why my "too read" pile is larger than my current "time available to read" but I've not ever again been in the OOP situation.

Same here. But I have to say there were some times last year (I think in October) where I thought I was going to have to mortgage the house to pay for some books. Ha ha. Thankfully, I've had a slow few months or at least the books I've picked up haven't been too thick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, these guys put out nothing but gold. I can't think of a bad story they've done together.

Same here. But I have to say there were some times last year (I think in October) where I thought I was going to have to mortgage the house to pay for some books. Ha ha. Thankfully, I've had a slow few months or at least the books I've picked up haven't been too thick.
    When I got back into reading and collecting Omnibus type books a few years ago, I quickly realized the nature of these things. They don't stay in print forever and some may never come back into print in a format you prefer. Or at best you could wait a while. I now have a very large backlog! If there's something I REALLY want, I just buy it. I didn't buy the Neal Adams omnibus when I had the chance and now its out of print. Now I'm awaiting some main title Batman Bronze Age Omnibus' with proper coloring!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoke View Post
    And at $500 retail, I’ll be skipping that.
    Well, it should be on sale for around $250 first week of sale from IST. If you're in the US, shipping will be free but not outside of the US. But then again, it won't be oversized only PHC, unless that doesn't bother you.

Can anyone recommend place to buy artisst edition format books? Looking for online markets (in UK or Europe). Amazon and Speedyhen are good options, but they don't have much books in stock.
    I like them because they are really pretty and I like to look at the original, inked pages but they are expensive. There are a couple of "cheap" ones tho, the Simonson Alien adaptation is a thin one but at least it's not pricey, also the Terminator vs Robocop one used to float around for around £40-£50 on amazon.
    I would check isbns.co.uk for price comparisons and regularly look up them on ebay and amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If InStockTrades is an option for you, I highly recommend them. http://www.instocktrades.com They have some of the best discounts around.

They also have a "Damages" section that's discounted as much as 70% sometimes; I'm pretty sure I've seen some artists editions pop up once in awhile.
    Yeah, knew about them, great discounts, but direct shipping cost to Russia one of arist edition book is almost equal to book price) Was looking for something like Amazon(30$) or Speedyhen(13£) but thanks.
    I'll chek cheap-comics and use isbns.co.uk in future, thank you JPAR and Balakin

Fantastic Member

Yeah, knew about them, great discounts, but direct shipping cost to Russia one of arist edition book is almost equal to book price) Was looking for something like Amazon(30$) or Speedyhen(13£) but thanks.
    I'll chek cheap-comics and use isbns.co.uk in future, thank you JPAR and Balakin
    Budsartbooks.com is the best option. Trust me They don't have any discounts [usually] but the shipping costs are incredibly cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Budsartbooks.com is the best option. Trust me They don't have any discounts [usually] but the shipping costs are incredibly cheap.
    heh, thanks Stas!)

Latest, including some classic prose I‘m enjoying the heck out of:

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest, including some classic prose I‘m enjoying the heck out of:

those prose books look really pretty! Especially the complete conan, it's very classy looking.

I too really like the look of the Conan collection, might have to treat myself :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Looking for any discount codes for abebooks. Would like to get some books for signing with Jock and Weston.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    is the third Metabaron volume supposed to be coming out any time soon?
    Out in July. Vol 1 will be out in std. tpb size hc in Sep.