Page 768 of 865 FirstFirst ... 268668718758764765766767768769770771772778818 ... LastLast
Results 11,506 to 11,520 of 12974

Looks like Valiant was just bought by another company. Crazy. Didn't see that coming. Kinda reminds me of the Acclaim takeover of the original Valiant.

Wonder what this means for reprints. And the company in general.

I doubt it will mean anything for reprints since they are focused on the entertainment media licensing aspect, but it would be nice to get decent collections of the original universe for once.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Looks like Valiant was just bought by another company. Crazy. Didn't see that coming. Kinda reminds me of the Acclaim takeover of the original Valiant.

Wonder what this means for reprints. And the company in general.
    The parent company actually was already the majority owner (57 %), they just now own the full thing. So I don't expect much change in terms of the publishing side. This is all about the parent company wanting full movie rights.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Which without focus on the main heart of Valiant it is likely to be Acclaim 2.0, history on repeat.
    Acclaim bought Valiant with a focus on mining the IPs for video games, DMG to mine just for tv/movie rights.
    Ignoring the publishing arm is the recipe for failure and DMG seems ready to put on an apron!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    The parent company actually was already the majority owner (57 %), they just now own the full thing. So I don't expect much change in terms of the publishing side. This is all about the parent company wanting full movie rights.
    This is true. But Dinesh has stepped down, as well as two other high ranking officials. The COO and someone else I think?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    This is true. But Dinesh has stepped down, as well as two other high ranking officials. The COO and someone else I think?
    I didn't know about the changeups on the publishing side. That is more distressing. Hopefully any changes are minor or for the best but who can say.

Latest haul. I've been trying to buy less...Art of The Boys and Dredd books are limited, hoping to get sketch from Jock.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

The Boys is one of the best series that I've read that has come out in the last decade. Same with Ennis' Punisher MAX run.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    The Boys is one of the best series that I've read that has come out in the last decade. Same with Ennis' Punisher MAX run.
    I think it may very well be the best thing he's done. It was like a cross between the best parts of Punisher Max (the serious gritty ass kicking) and the touching character development of Preacher (Ennis' stories tend to run along a theme of strong friendship and, often times, disappointment).

I still need to get that Vol.6 HC of The Boys :/

New this week:

Signing with Spurrier. And look what I found in FP, Hitman vol 6 for 11 quid, signed by McCrea

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I still need to get that Vol.6 HC of The Boys :/
    Yeah that was the last one so I can finish this run finally! I have like 10 different books started but I'm planning to read it very soon.

Hopefully DC starts in on "Golden Age Captain Marvel" Omnibi, and a new ongoing, preferably set in it's own universe, with no other superheroes aside from the Marvel Family.

Would you recommend The Strain by Del Toro? He will be signing this weekend at FP and would like to attend.