Page 770 of 865 FirstFirst ... 270670720760766767768769770771772773774780820 ... LastLast
Results 11,536 to 11,550 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Great Haul.
    Let me know how is Hard Boiled,i have that series in my to read list for years now.
    If i was not planing to buy a HC edition of Ronin already,i would look to know more about that edition of Hard Boiled.
    If you want to drool over a book buy it, art is insane! You can spend minutes just looking on those double page spreads. It's all about art here, hyper realistic with so many details your brain can't cope with it. If you like style like that I would recommend checking Stokoe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Nice haul! Let me know if that Batman book is really good
    I‘ll let the book speak for itself:

Great Haul.
    Let me know how is Hard Boiled,i have that series in my to read list for years now.
    If i was not planing to buy a HC edition of Ronin already,i would look to know more about that edition of Hard Boiled.
    What lvizzz said above. Darrow is an absolute favourite of mine. I used to have Hard Boiled in single installments back in the 90s and it totally blew me away then. Still does. Same goes for everything else he‘s done. The story is actually fun, too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

With color????? How would you compare it to other editions like that?

Signing with Jock and Weston.

Question to UK based or even London based members: are you planning to attend Lawgiver in Bristol? I would like to go but knowing me I would take ton of books with me and really need a transport; of course would split cost of gas. I haven't done any research yet so don't know what price for hotel room etc in Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    With color????? How would you compare it to other editions like that?
    Yeah, I‘d say about a quarter of the pages are in colour, or at least partly. It‘s beautiful and Keith‘s artwork is perfect for this type of book as he is rather „messy“, i.e. he doesn‘t care about getting rid of pencils and uses ink, coal, brushes, white out, photocopies and collage. The reproduction is excellent, as is always the case with Graphitti‘s GEs.

Spectacular Member

Latest:

Great haul LJ ! That reminds me I need to get those Darrow DH hardcovers. I'm intrigued by My favorite thing is monsters, have you read (and liked) it ?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well I wouldn't say the explanation is that simple but this will really help when I reread it.
    If any explanation of a Morrison story is simple, then it must not be a Morrison story lol. Morrison's Mystery Play came out in 1994 and there are few if none who could claim to in any way explain it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Great haul LJ ! That reminds me I need to get those Darrow DH hardcovers. I'm intrigued by My favorite thing is monsters, have you read (and liked) it ?
    I'm usually a bit wary of books that are hyped this much. But it is everything people say it is. The artwork is great, the story even better. Can't wait for vol. 2.

Just started Low by Remender and the writing - like most of his independent stuff - is great but I do not like Tocchini’s art. There are moments - the big splash pages - where it’s brilliant but other times when it’s impoosible to know what the hell he drew.

Anyway, question: issue three when Stel is making a deal with the senator ... did she have to join in the orgy? I ask because Remender publicly states how she’s his character of hope. This just seems kind of ... low.

Mighty Member

Great Haul.
    Just to give a differing opinion, i thought hard boiled was the worst thing i read last year. It's over-the-top absurdity, and not in a good way. Granted, i don't care for a lot of Morrison's work for the same reasons, so it may just not be in my wheelhouse. The art is super-detailed, which was impressive, and the book's only like $20. So if that's your thing go for it, but when the story is hot garbage i check out and could care less how great the art is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    If you want to drool over a book buy it, art is insane! You can spend minutes just looking on those double page spreads. It's all about art here, hyper realistic with so many details your brain can't cope with it. If you like style like that I would recommend checking Stokoe.
    What lvizzz said above. Darrow is an absolute favourite of mine. I used to have Hard Boiled in single installments back in the 90s and it totally blew me away then. Still does. Same goes for everything else he‘s done. The story is actually fun, too.
    Thanks for the info.
    I remember the ads for the TPB of this series in the 90s and being impressed by the art illustrations but never read it so far.
    So the opinions are apreciated.
    And Stokoe does have a great art style as well.
    Will have to check out comic books illustrated by him as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Just to give a differing opinion, i thought hard boiled was the worst thing i read last year. It's over-the-top absurdity, and not in a good way. Granted, i don't care for a lot of Morrison's work for the same reasons, so it may just not be in my wheelhouse. The art is super-detailed, which was impressive, and the book's only like $20. So if that's your thing go for it, but when the story is hot garbage i check out and could care less how great the art is.
    Thanks for the info.
    Actually the next Frank Miller TPBi will buy is going to be Ronin HC.
    So Hard Boiled will not exactly be the next comic book i will buy.
    But even if i do not like the story at least the art looks great,and as a fan of previous Frank Miller stories (As the Daredevil stories for exemple) i am hoping to like the story as well.

Spectacular Member

I'm usually a bit wary of books that are hyped this much. But it is everything people say it is. The artwork is great, the story even better. Can't wait for vol. 2.
    Thanks for the feedback!