Page 779 of 865 FirstFirst ... 279679729769775776777778779780781782783789829 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,685 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Ah thanks for clearing that up with Harper Lee. That explains a lot.

Do you think Morrison had an editor on Nameless? Have you read it?
    I haven’t read it but based on the discussion here it’s pretty confusing. Since it’s a creator controlled book, he probably did whatever he wanted. Also, at this point in his career, he can get away with a lot but you can tell that DC probably reeled him in on his Batman run. There was some typical Morrison meta and weirdness but for the most part it - along with Final Crisis - was reader accessible. Frank Miller is similar although I always suspected that DC told him to go take a hike when he turned in his script for Batman vs the Taliban since that’s what became Holy Terror. Of course that book was edited by his good buddy Bob Schreck, who is a fine editor, but seems to have a hard time telling Miller no.

Mighty Member

Remender tweeted a pic of the remastered Black Science v1. Seems to be improved upon

https://twitter.com/Remender/status/...480373760?s=09

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Remender tweeted a pic of the remastered Black Science v1. Seems to be improved upon

https://twitter.com/Remender/status/...480373760?s=09

But...but...I thought glued was better!

Spectacular Member

Vader was okay, but you can't take him too far when he's tied down to the movies. Giving Gillen another go with Loki since Marvel seems to love him. Phonogram was neat since I was heavily into Brit pop but wasn't enough to get me into Wicked. Maybe I need to someday...

Spectacular Member

Thank you guys for the ideas on moving the collection.

Such a good point on the dangers of using newspaper. *cursing*

I will try to do my best and follow your advices.

On the plus side: it will be the first time in a long time that I will have more shelf space than I need atm. A third Kallax will finds its way to the new house and I can store my collection and the Lego Super Heroes sets in one room!

I will post some pictures of the process later in May.

Dont think i've seen this here
    Sullivan’s Sluggers new print(hardback)
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...vans-sluggers/

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Dont think i've seen this here
    Sullivan’s Sluggers new print(hardback)
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...vans-sluggers/
    I ordered it, looks fun.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My copy of Tomb Raider Library Edition vol.1 came in today and it looks great. These are the recent Gail Simone stories. Not to be confused with the TR Archives line that Dark Horse has also done.

Flipping through it you can just see the inspiration the page gives to the movie trailers vis-a-via the video game. Hoping to catch the movie sooner than later.
    The art isn't as dynamic as that in the classic Top Cow run (Archives) but I look forward to reading through the book!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

My haul for the past month or so:

IMG_5230.jpg
    IMG_5231.jpg
    IMG_5232.jpg

Fight Club 2 was a pleasant surprise. I'm a big Chuck Palahniuk fan but I never liked the novel or movie. I'm continuing to collect the Fables OHCs. I read about the first 50 issues in trades years and years ago and I'm really enjoying the re-read.

I wasn't impressed with Phonogram - as I stated on previous pages - But the Wicked and the Divine was OK. I'm not sure I"ll continue reading it, but it was certainly an improvement. X-Force was pretty dull but I enjoyed a re-reading of House of M.

All-New Member

Hi, folks.

I need some help from you, pleased. I received yesterday a brand new copy of ‘Gotham Central Omnibus’ with a gap, a space, between the hardcover and the spine of the book.
    - Should I replace because it’s defective or it’s a common binding process, stage, with the manufacturing age?
    - How to prevent this to other books of the same type?
    - How to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My haul for the past month or so:

IMG_5230.jpg
    IMG_5231.jpg
    IMG_5232.jpg

Fight Club 2 was a pleasant surprise. I'm a big Chuck Palahniuk fan but I never liked the novel or movie. I'm continuing to collect the Fables OHCs. I read about the first 50 issues in trades years and years ago and I'm really enjoying the re-read.

I wasn't impressed with Phonogram - as I stated on previous pages - But the Wicked and the Divine was OK. I'm not sure I"ll continue reading it, but it was certainly an improvement. X-Force was pretty dull but I enjoyed a re-reading of House of M.
    kinda sad that half your haul is stuff you didn't particularly enjoy although I think there isn't really a bad book in that batch. As for X-force, I was thinking about picking up the ohcs but at least half the run is tie ins with crossover events and I actually have those crossovers with all related issues included so I'm not that fussed about having X-force on it's own. If you haven't read Messiah complex and Second coming I think they are pretty good X events (bit continuity heavy but that's always the case with the x-men).

kinda sad that half your haul is stuff you didn't particularly enjoy although I think there isn't really a bad book in that batch. As for X-force, I was thinking about picking up the ohcs but at least half the run is tie ins with crossover events and I actually have those crossovers with all related issues included so I'm not that fussed about having X-force on it's own. If you haven't read Messiah complex and Second coming I think they are pretty good X events (bit continuity heavy but that's always the case with the x-men).
    I am actually going to check out Messiah Complex and Second Coming. I think part of my frustration with X-Force was those crossovers. I should note tho that I did enjoy the art. I like Crain’s work.

I am actually going to check out Messiah Complex and Second Coming. I think part of my frustration with X-Force was those crossovers. I should note tho that I did enjoy the art. I like Crain’s work.
    Haven't read those events in years (read both twice though and enjoyed them both times) but if I remember correctly the tie ins are so connected that they don't really make sense out of context on their own.

Spectacular Member

Just a quick heads up: Messiah Complex can be read on its own. It was my first modern X Crossover event and I still love it until today. Many criticize the event for a shift towards the more "cinematic" storytelling but in my opinion they tend to forget the huge build up towards this event after House of M. I would suggest to read the great X-Men Endangered Species as a prelude and at least a part of the Carey run, X-Men: Blinded by the Light which can be also seen as a prelude to Messiah Complex.

For Second Coming: The Cable series is considered to be really really good and adds a lot of story between the two pillar-events. The UXM issues in between were not too well received and it is not a great run but it can help to get a better understanding of what's going on. The first trades of X-Men Legacy (the newly named X-Men Vol. 2 after Messiah) were also pretty great and do follow Prof. X after the "shocking" ending of the first crossover.

I had the most issues with the the New X-Men part of Messiah because I did not know ANY of the characters PLUS they all keep talking about THE ATTACK on the school (which is shown in the also very very good Childhood Ends Vol. 1-5 which are heavily OOP and for some reason did not get the complete collection treatment yet).

I hope you enjoy the experience!

Spectacular Member

Haven't read those events in years (read both twice though and enjoyed them both times) but if I remember correctly the tie ins are so connected that they don't really make sense out of context on their own.
    I would second that. Plus I forgot about the X-Factor tie ins: if you did not yet read Peter Davids X-Factor just do it. Not really necessary for the events but mostly great stories.