Page 783 of 865 FirstFirst ... 283683733773779780781782783784785786787793833 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I almost exclusively read mine in bed lying on my side. Book lays flat and i prop myself up a bit with a pillow under my arm/side. I can read comfortablely like this for a quite a while, unless i get sleepy!
    This happens to you too?? I can be reading something, and really be into it, and then suddenly fall asleep. It happens so much to me.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Ease of reading is my biggest reason for getting omniboos. Prop them up on your lap and then no hands needed (other than to turn the page).
    Thank you for the advice everyone.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    This happens to you too?? I can be reading something, and really be into it, and then suddenly fall asleep. It happens so much to me.
    It happens to me all the time. More so after work when I'm tired but lately it can be any time. It doesn't happen when I'm actually doing something like drawing or sewing etc. Mostly happens while I'm reading and sometimes when I watch a movie. I thought this gonna kick in when I'm in my 50s maybe or mid 40s but nope, I'm 31 and I'm nodding off all the time.

Do you guys have 'easy' reads? I've been getting started on Charley's War recently which I really enjoy (even if the entire intro was me going '**** off Pat'), but it's a read that I need to focus on because there is a lot there to think about. So tonight when I'm exhausted, I'm getting into bed and starting the next HP Illustrated Edition instead, because it's a nice easy and chilled read. Do other people do that, or is it just anything and everything?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    (even if the entire intro was me going '**** off Pat')
    Another "why I was right and everyone else was wrong" thesis?

Not an inaccurate description... :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

Do you guys have 'easy' reads? I've been getting started on Charley's War recently which I really enjoy (even if the entire intro was me going '**** off Pat'), but it's a read that I need to focus on because there is a lot there to think about. So tonight when I'm exhausted, I'm getting into bed and starting the next HP Illustrated Edition instead, because it's a nice easy and chilled read. Do other people do that, or is it just anything and everything?
    Absolutely. When I just want some light reading I’ll go for some SA marvel or some Carl Barks Duck stories.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Absolutely. When I just want some light reading I’ll go for some SA marvel or some Carl Barks Duck stories.
    I go for silver age material as well for light reading. Right now I have a few I pick up when I want something light. Doom Patrol/Adam Strange/Flash etc or Marvel Stuff (Thor at the moment).

Not an inaccurate description... :P
    Its usually along those lines,there is also "why I hate superheroes even if I only read one Spiderman issue back in the 70's"," why Im awesome and here are plugins for all my works" and the ever classic "why Andy Diggle sucks".
    You think he would get over that in nearly 20 years...

Signing with Jock at FP today.

Recent purchases:

Mighty Member

Nice. Looks like Harrow County is getting Library Editions. I almost started buying the trades a few times over the last couple months

https://www.amazon.com/Harrow-County...n%3A7421492011

Ugh...global frequency. I like ellis, but that was not my cup of tea
    Really? I'm surprised. We like a lot of the same things. I'm almost through with it (I read it years ago in floppies) and I'm enjoying it. Reminds me of how Planetary started off (the first five or six issues) but minus the subplots. In that, I mean, the issues are stand alone but very intriguing, very world wide.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Really? I'm surprised. We like a lot of the same things. I'm almost through with it (I read it years ago in floppies) and I'm enjoying it. Reminds me of how Planetary started off (the first five or six issues) but minus the subplots. In that, I mean, the issues are stand alone but very intriguing, very world wide.
    I think it may stem from my hatred of flavor-of-the-week type network television lol. I like the having the subplots of serials, and find the one-in-done procedural types lacking in general. I don't rate Planetary as high as others for the same reasons you mentioned, but i did enjoy it overall.

Fun Fact: Planetary was the first Omnibus I ever bought!
    Last edited by awayne83; 04-20-2018 at 08:00 PM.

I think it may stem from my hatred of flavor-of-the-week type network television lol. I like the having the subplots of serials, and find the one-in-done procedural types lacking in general. I don't rate Planetary as high as others for the same reasons you mentioned, but i did enjoy it overall.

Fun Fact: Planetary was the first Omnibus I ever bought!
    GF is definitely villain of the week storytelling. I think if it had gone on longer, then Ellis, who talked about doing a Year Two in the extras, might have done more with it as there was certainly opportunity.