Page 786 of 865 FirstFirst ... 286686736776782783784785786787788789790796836 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I've never read Sandman by Gaiman. I hear a lot about this. Some love it and some hate it. So my question is: I would like to hear your opinions about it and wether I should buy it or not?

Thanks!
    who hates Sandman? I mean yeah I guess there are some but generally speaking most people usually at least like it.
    In general I like Gaiman's writing and him as a person but for my personal taste Sandman is not the best ever but still a must read.
    I usually prefer long form storytelling over episodic ones and Sandman has both. When it does a longer story I'm captivated but often felt like the one off stories didn't really add much to the overall plot. Not that they have to and Sandman is tailored for these small detours, I just didn't care much about some random story about Marco Polo or a guy lost in a nightmare city.
    But some people love those one offs so YMMV.
    That said when I think of Sandman I don't think of the stories I disliked (and those are just one or two issues) I think of Season of Mists and the Kindly Ones and how I've started reading it slowly then by the end of the run I just couldn't put it down and how Gaiman incorporates every mythology ever under his own blanket but it feels natural and I love that.

Also after the Season of Mists you can start reading Lucifer from Mike Carey and please do yourself a favour and read Lucifer because it is just so DAMN GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    who hates Sandman? I mean yeah I guess there are some but generally speaking most people usually at least like it.
    In general I like Gaiman's writing and him as a person but for my personal taste Sandman is not the best ever but still a must read.
    I usually prefer long form storytelling over episodic ones and Sandman has both. When it does a longer story I'm captivated but often felt like the one off stories didn't really add much to the overall plot. Not that they have to and Sandman is tailored for these small detours, I just didn't care much about some random story about Marco Polo or a guy lost in a nightmare city.
    But some people love those one offs so YMMV.
    That said when I think of Sandman I don't think of the stories I disliked (and those are just one or two issues) I think of Season of Mists and the Kindly Ones and how I've started reading it slowly then by the end of the run I just couldn't put it down and how Gaiman incorporates every mythology ever under his own blanket but it feels natural and I love that.

Also after the Season of Mists you can start reading Lucifer from Mike Carey and please do yourself a favour and read Lucifer because it is just so DAMN GOOD!
    It's what ddak said, people who don't like it, dislike it because of the art. And to me art is defining.

When I will buy it, it will be the omnibusses or absolutes. That is a lot of money, so I better be sure

Any opinions on the omnibusses or absolutes? Maybe an idea where to buy them for a good price?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:57 AM.

I never liked Sandman,because I could never stomach Gaiman's brand of emo cleverness.Not to say it isnt a defining and influential work;but its not my thing.

It's what ddak said, people who don't like it, dislike it because of the art. And to me art is defining.

When I will buy it, it will be the omnibusses or absolutes. That is a lot of money, so I better be sure

Any opinions on the omnibusses or absolutes? Maybe an idea where to buy them for a good price?
    well the art is kinda weird because it goes from your 80s, early 90s Vertigo type art to quite cartoony by the end. But I didn't mind any of it. Not a fan of Keith though but he didn't do much.
    as for formats: if you want to save some buy the omnibuses but if you can afford the asbolutes then go for those. Proably more comfortable to read and holds up better than a 1000pg omnibus but the omnibuses are really pretty too.

well the art is kinda weird because it goes from your 80s, early 90s Vertigo type art to quite cartoony by the end. But I didn't mind any of it. Not a fan of Keith though but he didn't do much.
    as for formats: if you want to save some buy the omnibuses but if you can afford the asbolutes then go for those. Proably more comfortable to read and holds up better than a 1000pg omnibus but the omnibuses are really pretty too.
    I think I'll go for the omnibuses then. Any idea where I can buy them for a good price (incl. Sending them to the Netherlands, that's why IST isn't an option)?

I think I'll go for the omnibuses then. Any idea where I can buy them for a good price (incl. Sending them to the Netherlands, that's why IST isn't an option)?
    cheap-comics? or check isbns.com for price comparisons.

cheap-comics? or check isbns.com for price comparisons.
    Chris had them for sale a couple of months ago Maybe I can email him if he's gonna put them up for sale again?
    Last edited by JPAR; 04-30-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    If your account can take advantage of a topping up offer or buying vouchers offer for $5~$10, on top of doing that, you can ask the Amazon customer service to look into the shipping cost, as it's unusually high, like €20 for each book. They'll offer to waive the shipping for you and you can grab both books for ~€77 each.
    What do you mean by a topping up offer or buying vouchers?

Decided to grab the Infinity Gauntlet slipcase set after all and, my word, that is one impressive collection. My mailman asked me if I had eaten my Wheaties when I picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    I never liked Sandman,because I could never stomach Gaiman's brand of emo cleverness.Not to say it isnt a defining and influential work;but its not my thing.
    what is emo cleverness?

Mighty Member

Can anyone tell me what size the Q&C Definitive trades are? Regular or smaller dimensions? I'm about to go on a big Rucka shopping spree

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    what is emo cleverness?
    Its kinda like with sex toys.If you have to ask,its not for you.��