Page 789 of 865 FirstFirst ... 289689739779785786787788789790791792793799839 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,835 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

And I thought we all agreed not to purchase the Absolute Y1?? Solidarity!!
    We did, we did! Here's the thing, tho. I got 60 percent off cover and the other day I got $10 for my OHC of Year 1, so it brought it to $40. I felt like this was a $75 omnibus so at 50 percent off during week of release it would be $37.50. You can't fault me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    We did, we did! Here's the thing, tho. I got 60 percent off cover and the other day I got $10 for my OHC of Year 1, so it brought it to $40. I felt like this was a $75 omnibus so at 50 percent off during week of release it would be $37.50. You can't fault me.
    Lol. i figured you must've gotten a good deal on it

What's wrong with Y: The Last Man? :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    What's wrong with Y: The Last Man? :P
    Year one, not Y

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Year one, not Y
    Ohhhhhhhh... Nothing to see here
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh... Nothing to see here
    too late, your post will stay here for all eternity shaming you for your lack of attention and/or eyesight

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Since there'll be two new Conan omnibuses from Dark Horse, do you think they'll reprint the first Colossal Conan?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Since there'll be two new Conan omnibuses from Dark Horse, do you think they'll reprint the first Colossal Conan?
    AFAIK the rights revert back to Marvel at the end of the year (which is why they are going to publish both new Colossal books within a matter of a few weeks, I guess). So if there isn‘t any solicit for a reprint by the end of the year, there won‘t be any at all. But perhaps Marvel will at some point publish an Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    AFAIK the rights revert back to Marvel at the end of the year (which is why they are going to publish both new Colossal books within a matter of a few weeks, I guess). So if there isn‘t any solicit for a reprint by the end of the year, there won‘t be any at all. But perhaps Marvel will at some point publish an Omnibus.
    Rights reverting back to Marvel? Would that mean that there's no chance of the 'Conan the Barbarian' by Wood being released in Colossal format from DH?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I don't think I'll go for the other two then. The prices on that Colossal Conan are .. Colossal

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't think I'll go for the other two then. The prices on that Colossal Conan are .. Colossal
    Colossal Conan was of interest to me as well but I kept finding other books to get and pushing it back. Like you I'm annoyed at how high the third party prices are on the book. I think I'm going to go ahead and get these two and hope for a more reasonably priced book at some point in my whale hunting days.

Marvel is also now likely to start Omni'ing their catalog of Conan if they don't out right re-print the contents of Colosal Conan in some form(if not two books) at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Colossal Conan was of interest to me as well but I kept finding other books to get and pushing it back. Like you I'm annoyed at how high the third party prices are on the book. I think I'm going to go ahead and get these two and hope for a more reasonably priced book at some point in my whale hunting days.

Marvel is also now likely to start Omni'ing their catalog of Conan if they don't out right re-print the contents of Colosal Conan in some form(if not two books) at some point.
    Don't you think you'll miss the story told in the issues that are in the Colossal? Perhaps Marvel will do that, but I don't think it will have the same sizeas the DH ones.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Don't you think you'll miss the story told in the issues that are in the Colossal? Perhaps Marvel will do that, but I don't think it will have the same sizeas the DH ones.
    I'm an "old school reader" from the 80s before constant start/stop renumber for "easy access/jump on point". I'm capable of just adapting to the story and proceeding from the point I start.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm an "old school reader" from the 80s before constant start/stop renumber for "easy access/jump on point". I'm capable of just adapting to the story and proceeding from the point I start.
    I read comics in the 90's. After that only European. And now I'm back into comics. And still discovering a lot