Page 790 of 865 FirstFirst ... 290690740780786787788789790791792793794800840 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 12974
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I don't think I'll go for the other two then. The prices on that Colossal Conan are .. Colossal
    I could be wrong, but i don't think you'd miss much if anything jumping into the these 2. Its a new writer i believe, and one of the collections takes place in the future.

Incredible Member

Hey folks,

Does anyone know if this Beasts of Burden volume collects ALL the material from this series, or are there orphan issues out there?

https://www.amazon.com/Beasts-Burden...n+animal+rites

Also, has anyone read Rome West by Brian Wood?

Thanks

Incredible Member

Also also, I'll add to the chorus of lament I've seen here and elsewhere about the Platoon not being included in the Punisher MAX omnibi.

So now my MAX collection will be all shapes and sizes: Punisher MAX omnibus vol 1 and 2, Platoon softcover, Fury MAX OHC, and Jason Aaron complete collection.

It's alright I guess, I've never been a stickler for binding uniformity, but it just would've been nice to have this seminal run at least packaged together.

Incredible Member

(moved to the dc thread)
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-09-2018 at 08:08 AM.

It doesn't contain the two one-shots: "Hellboy/Beasts of Burden" and "What the Cat Dragged In."

It's still a good volume though. I bought the hard cover in 2017 and really enjoyed it; no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Hey folks,

Does anyone know if this Beasts of Burden volume collects ALL the material from this series, or are there orphan issues out there?

https://www.amazon.com/Beasts-Burden...n+animal+rites

Also, has anyone read Rome West by Brian Wood?

Thanks
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Also also, I'll add to the chorus of lament I've seen here and elsewhere about the Platoon not being included in the Punisher MAX omnibi.

So now my MAX collection will be all shapes and sizes: Punisher MAX omnibus vol 1 and 2, Platoon softcover, Fury MAX OHC, and Jason Aaron complete collection.

It's alright I guess, I've never been a stickler for binding uniformity, but it just would've been nice to have this seminal run at least packaged together.

It makes sense that the Platoon is not included in the first volume of the Punisher Max Omnibus since the story take place at different times, one part of the story take place in the present after the Valley Forge arc (the last arc of the Punisher Max serie) and the other part take place in the past before Born.
    Also Platoon is not "over", it's only the story of Castle first tour, Ennis confirmed he was working on a second tour story and then maybe on another contemporary story with Castle so it make sense for Marvel to wait until it's all done before colleting everything in a nice OHC (they could also include War Zone, since it was never collected in OHC)

I have the first Ennis Omnibus and also the Aaron run in omnibus but what I really want is an omnibus of all the Fury stories Ennis did, that would look great on the shelf because right now I have the MAX OHC and both Fury Max and Peacemaker as tpb and that doesn't look great lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-09-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It makes sense that the Platoon is not included in the first volume of the Punisher Max Omnibus since the story take place at different times, one part of the story take place in the present after the Valley Forge arc (the last arc of the Punisher Max serie) and the other part take place in the past before Born.
    Also Platoon is not "over", it's only the story of Castle first tour, Ennis confirmed he was working on a second tour story and then maybe on another contemporary story with Castle so it make sense for Marvel to wait until it's all done before colleting everything in a nice OHC (they could also include War Zone, since it was never collected in OHC)

I have the first Ennis Omnibus and also the Aaron run in omnibus but what I really want is an omnibus of all the Fury stories Ennis did, that would look great on the shelf because right now I have the MAX OHC and both Fury Max and Peacemaker as tpb and that doesn't look great lol.
    This has been pointed out on more than one occasion, but the completists cannot be reasoned with

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Ah yes you're right about Platoon taking place after Valley Forge Valley Forge, duh.
    I hadn't heard Ennis was doing other Castle stories, so yeah a collection of all those would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I could be wrong, but i don't think you'd miss much if anything jumping into the these 2. Its a new writer i believe, and one of the collections takes place in the future.
    Ok, thanks. Still got some time to make a decision.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    It doesn't contain the two one-shots: "Hellboy/Beasts of Burden" and "What the Cat Dragged In."

It's still a good volume though. I bought the hard cover in 2017 and really enjoyed it; no regrets.
    Gotcha, thanks. Are those one-shots collected elsewhere or they're true orphans?

Gotcha, thanks. Are those one-shots collected elsewhere or they're true orphans?
    To my knowledge, those two have not been collected anywhere. I wish they were; I'd love to read the Hellboy story.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

So I just read three books that I really enjoyed.

Sheriff of Babylon: Straight up - I have not liked anything King has written. I abhor his Batman and I found his Vision overrated and boring. But . . . Sheriff is something else. I'm definitely going to re-read this as it takes a little bit of time to get rolling but it's well worth it. Also, I did not know that King worked for the CIA. Shit. I've been cussing at him on Twitter for months. Ha ha.

Pride of Baghdad: This is one of the few - if only - BKV stories I have never read. Got it for a great deal during FCBD. It's a simple but touching story. I don't know if I will re-read it, but it's a book I will keep to loan out.

C.O.W.L. vol 1: This is a great damn story! I haven't read any Higgins before that comes to mind (although maybe I read a crossover Bat-title or something). I have already ordered vol. 2 and Harridan's Wall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    .C.O.W.L. vol 1: This is a great damn story! I haven't read any Higgins before that comes to mind (although maybe I read a crossover Bat-title or something). I have already ordered vol. 2 and Harridan's Wall as well.
    I liked Hadrian's Wall a lot. It didn't seem to get the recognition I thought it deserved when it was being released monthly. It's right up my street though being sci-fi/crime etc.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I can buy the Big Damn Sin City. What do you think is a good price? And should I buy it or is it unreadable because of it's size?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I can buy the Big Damn Sin City. What do you think is a good price? And should I buy it or is it unreadable because of it's size?
    It has pretty good binding actually which opens up pretty well so its definitely readable in that sense. It IS still pretty big though so it all depends on how you like books that big.