Page 791 of 865 FirstFirst ... 291691741781787788789790791792793794795801841 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,865 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    It has pretty good binding actually which opens up pretty well so its definitely readable in that sense. It IS still pretty big though so it all depends on how you like books that big.
    I love the LE's size. So that shouldn't be the problem. But how much should I consider paying?

Mighty Member

Last i checked it usually sells around cover here in the states

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Last i checked it usually sells around cover here in the states
    That's $100? They're asking a lot more here. Do you think there will be another print like this or the LE's?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    That's $100? They're asking a lot more here. Do you think there will be another print like this or the LE's?
    IMHO it's such a beautiful book. Especially if you like LEs.

I read mine in a couch with the the book on a pillow.

Re price, I remember paying around 60 euros at the time of its release, which was a steal. More than 100 is a bit much but always depend on what else you can get / want more for that money.

Mighty Member

Yeah $100 give or take. I mean, it's Sin City, so it's more than likely gonna get another premium format at some point (like BDSC or the older slipcases). But it's hard to say on a reprint, cause the Conan has been OOP even longer, and one would think with the upcoming releases would have been perfect for a reprint on that one.

As far as quality, i agree with the others. For a book that size it really does have a good build. Idk how much I'd personally be willing to spend, especially if you've not read it. I think it's massively overrated, so unless you're familiar with the material or just a Miller fan you may want to check out a trade first to see if it's worth it for you

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah $100 give or take. I mean, it's Sin City, so it's more than likely gonna get another premium format at some point (like BDSC or the older slipcases). But it's hard to say on a reprint, cause the Conan has been OOP even longer, and one would think with the upcoming releases would have been perfect for a reprint on that one.

As far as quality, i agree with the others. For a book that size it really does have a good build. Idk how much I'd personally be willing to spend, especially if you've not read it. I think it's massively overrated, so unless you're familiar with the material or just a Miller fan you may want to check out a trade first to see if it's worth it for you
    I've read it. I have the old tpb's with the drawing on the spine. But I would like to trade it up if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    IMHO it's such a beautiful book. Especially if you like LEs.

I read mine in a couch with the the book on a pillow.

Re price, I remember paying around 60 euros at the time of its release, which was a steal. More than 100 is a bit much but always depend on what else you can get / want more for that money.
    €60 is normal when it is in print, I wouldn't pay much more then. But since it's oop.......?

Incredible Member

Some of the OOP prices for items goes a little crazy. I wouldn't spend much over cover for anything BUT its all a personal decision. Personally I don't see them reprinting it any time soon. That's not to say, there won't be some other premium format type thing coming. It is Sin City, so at some point if its not reprinted, there will be another chance at some other premium volume I'm sure.

I can buy the Big Damn Sin City. What do you think is a good price? And should I buy it or is it unreadable because of it's size?
    I had it and love Sin City but I sold it as it is too unwieldy and the pages are too heavy for the spine and mine started to sag, I wish they’d release them LE sized but one story at a time

Incredible Member

I store mine on its side. I never thought to even try putting it upright. It almost works better as a conversation piece than actual book!

I store mine on its side. I never thought to even try putting it upright. It almost works better as a conversation piece than actual book!
    Probably better used as a footstool

I store al my hc's on their sides. I learned that long ago from an old collector.

I store al my hc's on their sides. I learned that long ago from an old collector.
    Which is why I don’t particularly like books over say 600 pages, they are too big, and having them on their side! That’s just plain crazy

Are there any more ‘pulp’ style books that Dynamite have put out that fit in with the whole Doc Savage/the Shadow vibe, I have seen various books, like Green Hornet year one I think it was, but I have no idea if they are any good, if they are ongoing or if they have just faded away as they weren’t good sellers

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Are there any more ‘pulp’ style books that Dynamite have put out that fit in with the whole Doc Savage/the Shadow vibe, I have seen various books, like Green Hornet year one I think it was, but I have no idea if they are any good, if they are ongoing or if they have just faded away as they weren’t good sellers
    Theyve done a load. Green Hornet is ongoing right now. Then there was The Spider, Ms Fury, Black Bat, Flash Gordon, etc Plus various crossovers like Masks and Noir.
    Theres a Dynamite Pulp thread in the Independant forums iirc. Might be worth checking there.