Page 794 of 865 FirstFirst ... 294694744784790791792793794795796797798804844 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    The Image website calls it a 8'' x 12'' hardcover, which sounds like the same size as Remender's other Image hardcovers. I have trouble believing Remender would allow the new version to not be the usual size for his deluxes.
    I have it. Can confirm; its the usual oversized size. Sewn binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I have it. Can confirm; its the usual oversized size. Sewn binding.
    Well that's good.

...So they double dipped us completely? Especially with the glued binding which was only due to their own printing mistake? This comes off as a giant screwjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Well that's good.

...So they double dipped us completely? Especially with the glued binding which was only due to their own printing mistake? This comes off as a giant screwjob.
    It is. But I've sold the glued one for more then I bought this new one, so I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    It is. But I've sold the glued one for more then I bought this new one, so I'm happy
    I didn't realize it had gone OOP...

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    As someone who's completely ignorant of the Valiant line of comics, I was wondering if I could get any recommendations for X-O Manowar & Ninjak?

I really like sci-fi/cosmic stuff so X-O Manowar seems my speed, while Ninjak is a Ninja-Spy... so I don't feel the need to justify that.

Are they easy sells or do you have to know or like certain things to get into Valiant and these series?
    If you're referring to the latest iteration of valiant, i really enjoyed XO, especially the first 30 issues or so. Ninjak not so much. I've only read the first HC, but it goes off in a direction i didn't particularly care for. I feel ike his appearances in other titles were much more enjoyable. Valiant makes it real accessible for new readers, as they basically rebooted their universe a few years back.
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-23-2018 at 01:57 PM.

As someone who's completely ignorant of the Valiant line of comics, I was wondering if I could get any recommendations for X-O Manowar & Ninjak?

I really like sci-fi/cosmic stuff so X-O Manowar seems my speed, while Ninjak is a Ninja-Spy... so I don't feel the need to justify that.

Are they easy sells or do you have to know or like certain things to get into Valiant and these series?
    yeah I didn't really care for Ninjak eather, it could have been fun but it was just try hard, weightless, run of the mill action stuff.
    X-O is pretty great, takes a bit of time to get going but it sucks you in after a while.
    What I would recommend is the Harbinger wars compendium that just came out or about to come out. You get a chunky trade with the whole storyline includin the first year of harbinger and Bloodshot (which I didn't care for based on the few issues I've read but Harbinger is really good) and the event issues.

I would also recommend Ivar time walker especially if you have any fondness for Doctor Who. It's a standalone story that only involves Archer and Armstrong but the book will bring you up to speed.
    But be aware: Valiant is very continuity driven, titles intersect all the time. It's definitely a rabbit hole but a rewarding one.

Mighty Member

Yeah I was referring to the current HC's, I think XO has 5, and Ninjak has 2 right now. Should I give XO a try and skip Ninjak?
    I'd definitely give XO v1 a go if you're interested. And as Balakin mentioned Harbinger is pretty great as well. Those two titles were basically the core of Valiant those first couple years. I forgot about the upcoming compendiums, so those may be a more economical option since several of the Valiant ohcs are oop and expensive.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I can't speak for Ninjak because I haven't read it but X-O by Venditti is awesome! X-O is pure entertainment and fun. I absolutely love his run. When I started reading it, I couldn't put the books down. I own the OHC and they're worth every penny I paid. I would highly recommend Venditti's X-O run.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would also recommend Ivar time walker especially if you have any fondness for Doctor Who. It's a standalone story that only involves Archer and Armstrong but the book will bring you up to speed.
    Okay, you had me at Doctor Who. Which run are you referring to Balakin?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Thanks for all the great feedback. I do quite like Doctor Who and team-up books. So if I grab a copy of X-O, Ivar & Harbinger DLX vol. 1's, I'd get a pretty solid idea if I like the Valiant line?
    Yeah that'd be a great start. If you like those you can always come back for more recs
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-23-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Okay, you had me at Doctor Who. Which run are you referring to Balakin?
    The reboot run by Van Lente. The deluxe collects the whole story (unless they did more but it has a good ending).

Thanks for all the great feedback. I do quite like Doctor Who and team-up books. So if I grab a copy of X-O, Ivar & Harbinger DLX vol. 1's, I'd get a pretty solid idea if I like the Valiant line?
    I would say so yes. Although Ivar is not essential since it's very self contained but it's just a good story and maybe gives you a taste for Archer & Armstrong (oh and the Eternal warrior).