Page 795 of 865 FirstFirst ... 295695745785791792793794795796797798799805845 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,925 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I do quite like Doctor Who and team-up books. So if I grab a copy of X-O, Ivar & Harbinger DLX vol. 1's, I'd get a pretty solid idea if I like the Valiant line?
    Chris has volume 1, 2 and 3 on sale now: https://www.cheap-comics.com/?submit=Search&s=manowar and harbinger 1 also: https://www.cheap-comics.com/shop/ha...dlx-hc-vol-01/
    And maybe more?

So far I‘ve only read Ninjak Deluxe 1, all of the X-O Deluxes and have just begun Bloodshot Reborn Deluxe 1. I gotta say that the latter is so far the best of the bunch to me. Excellent book, really enjoying the story (the art doesn‘t hurt either).

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So far I‘ve only read Ninjak Deluxe 1, all of the X-O Deluxes and have just begun Bloodshot Reborn Deluxe 1. I gotta say that the latter is so far the best of the bunch to me. Excellent book, really enjoying the story (the art doesn‘t hurt either).
    I like Bloodshot reborn too but I didn't recommend it as a starter because it starts in The Valiant which is a 4 issue crossover. Did you read that or just started Bloodshot Reborn on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I like Bloodshot deluxe too but I didn't recommend it as a starter because it starts in The Valiant which is a 4 issue crossover. Did you read that or just started Bloodshot Reborn on its own?
    Nope. Nor did I read any Bloodshot before - classic or new. Lemire does a great job of explaining who and what he is, though, so that I could get into the story right away.

Nope. Nor did I read any Bloodshot before - classic or new. Lemire does a great job of explaining who and what he is, though, so that I could get into the story right away.
    I haven't read any bloodshot before either, just the crossovers but mostly skimmed his issues cause they were pretty dull. But I felt like The Valiant is kind of important before starting Reborn but good to see it's not.
    Sometimes I have a problem when it comes to continuity, the fact that I know something is connected makes me think if you don't read that you wouldn't get the whole picture but that's often not true.

I haven't read any bloodshot before either, just the crossovers but mostly skimmed his issues cause they were pretty dull. But I felt like The Valiant is kind of important before starting Reborn but good to see it's not.
    Sometimes I have a problem when it comes to continuity, the fact that I know something is connected makes me think if you don't read that you wouldn't get the whole picture but that's often not true.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But I think that crossovers are the worst possible way to be introduced to a universe you are unfamiliar with as they kind of assume that you are familiar with all the different characters involved, which of course you aren‘t. I‘d rather familiarise myself with the individual characters through their books and only then read a crossover.

The continuity/connected theory you mention could be extremely problematic if you, say, read a Marvel or DC book for the first time. I mean, where would you start as it‘s basically all connected.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I think that crossovers are the worst possible way to be introduced to a universe you are unfamiliar with as they kind of assume that you are familiar with all the different characters involved, which of course you aren‘t. I‘d rather familiarise myself with the individual characters through their books and only then read a crossover.

The continuity/connected theory you mention could be extremely problematic if you, say, read a Marvel or DC book for the first time. I mean, where would you start as it‘s basically all connected.
    honestly I think Valiant is even more connected than DC or Marvel Or the connection is better executed. But there are always jumping on points, thankfully.

As for The Valiant, I would definitely not recommend it as a first read hence why I didn't mention Bloodshot Reborn either. But if you are familiar with most of the players in it then I would definitely check it out. The Paolo Rivera art alone worth it IMHO.

New this week:

Batman & Robin might be the best looking Omnibus so far (perhaps minus Sandman). Beautiful book.

New this week:

Batman & Robin might be the best looking Omnibus so far (perhaps minus Sandman). Beautiful book.

Nice! You shopped at Chris'

New this week:

nice!
    I've really enjoyed B&R except for a couple of annuals at the end. Just wish INC didn't screw the story over a bit.
    I wonder how is Wood's Conan. I've just read his Local and I was very disappointed. Haven't read anything from him I've enjoyed.

nice!
    I've really enjoyed B&R except for a couple of annuals at the end. Just wish INC didn't screw the story over a bit.
    I wonder how is Wood's Conan. I've just read his Local and I was very disappointed. Haven't read anything from him I've enjoyed.
    I've decided not to go for anything Wood wrote anymore. Everytime I get a unsatisfied feeling. I don't like it.

Can I read this run if I haven't read anything before?

And did anyone here read the Harley Quinn omnibus? And the Harley Quinn & Gotham City Sirens omnibus?

nice!
    It didn't get the best reviews, so that'll be interesting. The only other work of his I've read is Northlanders, which I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I actually ordered a cheap, used TPB copy of Death of the Family as a preparation, as I've read in reviews that B&R heavily ties in with that (still waiting for the eventual Snyder/Capullo Omnibus to finally read the whole run).

And did anyone here read the Harley Quinn omnibus? And the Harley Quinn & Gotham City Sirens omnibus?
    ummm, nope, sorry. You will need Death of the family, Court of owls and at least the N52 portion of Batman INC (because of how it ends).
    That's my main gripe with this series, it's really continuity heavy.

I have the Gotham City sirens omnibus but haven't read it yet. Read like half the series when it was coming out and I remember enjoying it. But this is the only HQ book that will be on my shelf because I really can't stand the character (it still annoys me that they've slapped her name on the cover).

I've decided not to go for anything Wood wrote anymore. Everytime I get a unsatisfied feeling. I don't like it.

Got to agree, have tried his stuff on several occasions and have never found it to my taste, I think boring comes to mind