Page 798 of 865 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808848 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Absolute is a premium hardcover. You're getting the material in an oversized larger format than an Omnibus and also it comes in a Slipcase. I'm not a collector of Absolutes as I prefer Omnibuses and Deluxe OHCs BUT I do have 8 Absolutes as I believe certain stories such as All-Star Superman, DC: The New Frontier and Batman: The Long Halloween deserve the Absolute treatment. They're quite stunning to look at.
    Correct, and I love absolute editions. I have five, myself, and plan to get more in the future. The ones I have are All-Star Superman, DC: The New Frontier, Watchmen, Justice, and Transmetropolitan (vol 1).....If I had a choice between an absolute or omnibus edition, it would be a touch choice that likely depends on the story, but I'll choose either of those two versions over TPBs, deluxe hardcovers, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Some stories are worth the absolute treatment. For me its the difference maybe between watching a movie on a 20 inch tv or a 60in tv. its the same movie but presented differently. For stuff you just want to check out, going absolute may not be the best investment especially if you are on a budget. For that trades are great (or digital especially if you dont think you will re read something).
    At one time Absolute treatment seemed special. Now . . . I don't know. I think the new 52 Wonder Woman by Azz would make a better omnibus. That one kind of came out of nowhere. Then there are those Batman/Superman stories. Of course if Jim Lee draws it - no matter how bad the writing sucks - they're going to collect it in Absolute form.

There was something special about Sandman being the only series. Now we have Y: Last Man, Transmet and Preacher. All amazing books, don't get me wrong but this is the first hardcover collection for Transmet.

Extraordinary Member

Ahhh I keep saying no more but Wolfmans Teen Titans looks so good!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I did the same exact thing about 7 years ago when I was a student. But now that I have a descent amount of money I want the upgrade.
    I've always preferred buying used books, but I notice used comics are harder to find and there are a lot of those bogus Amazon sellers.

Edit: Had to cancel my used books order. They were ex-library editions. Using codes, however, I got the entire run new for £1 extra.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 05-28-2018 at 03:23 PM.

I'm almost done with the second big volume of Black Science and I really like this series. I had to re-read the first volumes (had to re-order it and wait on the most current version) and it was better than I remember. Now, I'm about five issues from finishing the second volume. Does anyone know how long this series will go?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm almost done with the second big volume of Black Science and I really like this series. I had to re-read the first volumes (had to re-order it and wait on the most current version) and it was better than I remember. Now, I'm about five issues from finishing the second volume. Does anyone know how long this series will go?
    Issue 40 will be the final issue. So expect one more HC collecting the final 10 issues sometime in the future. (I believe issue 38 is the latest issue to be solicited.)

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Issue 40 will be the final issue. So expect one more HC collecting the final 10 issues sometime in the future. (I believe issue 38 is the latest issue to be solicited.)
    Thanks. Hoping I don’t have to wait too long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I've always preferred buying used books, but I notice used comics are harder to find and there are a lot of those bogus Amazon sellers.

Edit: Had to cancel my used books order. They were ex-library editions. Using codes, however, I got the entire run new for £1 extra.
    I get where you are coming from, but for me the binding, bigger art and extras just makes absolutes so much better. The Sandman ones are sooo much more to my liking.
    Worth it for one of my favorite runs but not something that I just find okay.

Spectacular Member

Okay, I want the Absolute Seaguy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    You could go for the 3 I've mentioned though and then B&R. Snyder's Batman is a fan favourite and Morrison's INC is very good (I prefer INC and actually don't really care for Snyder's but that's just me, I'm in a minority).
    Agreed. Morrison's run is unforgettable. Batman and Robin is also very very good, with amazing art. Snyder's batman is less to my liking.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The best news for me in this article is The Flash by Mark Waid TPB vol.5, completing his run.
    Which hopefully means The Flash by Waid Omni vol.1 will come sooner than later then a vol.2.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Agreed. Morrison's run is unforgettable. Batman and Robin is also very very good, with amazing art. Snyder's batman is less to my liking.
    I'll hop on and say Morrison's Batman is my favorite Batman. "Reborn" and "RIP", specifically, but the whole run works as a whole better than anything else.

As for Snyder, I can do without his Batman, but I can not do without Greg Capullo's Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    I think he originally said 40 issues, but the latest solicit is listed as the end of an arc. So unless they decide to finish with some epilogue-type issues, it's more than likely gonna run a few more than that. But either way, it's almost wrapped

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I think he originally said 40 issues, but the latest solicit is listed as the end of an arc. So unless they decide to finish with some epilogue-type issues, it's more than likely gonna run a few more than that. But either way, it's almost wrapped
    That's still good news. A 10-issue Remender size book would look odd next to the other two volumes but who knows. He wrapped up The End League in 9 and it all made sense.

Extraordinary Member

Help me decide folks.

Annihiliation completed editions 1/2 OR Marv Wolfmans Teen Titans 1/2 omnibus.