Page 802 of 865 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802803804805806812852 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    My JSA omnibii arrived.
    Attachment 67357
    Nice! Cheap-Comics? Just had another order arrive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^
    Meanwhile I'm over here going: Eternal Warrior, nice choice!
    Yeah, if it's as good as the rest of Valiant I'm in for a treat

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Nice! Cheap-Comics? Just had another order arrive as well.
    Yes. Chris is always good and quick. What was your order?

Yes. Chris is always good and quick. What was your order?
    JSA 3, the remaining Byrne MoS tpbs I didn‘t have yet and Black Road.

Amazing Member

I really want those JSA Omni's, but I find DC Omni's over 800 pages such a pain in the arse to read.

For Marvel anything over 1000 pages is almost as bad too.

Incredible Member

I find those JSA omnibus' "delicate". I found I need to be careful reading them. It has the black cardboard type cover which started cracking/splitting on the inside a bit even on gentle readings for JSA 2. I did the whole proper working in the binding thing and read the thing gently. The glossy covered ones like the equally large Green Lantern are a bit more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I find those JSA omnibus' "delicate". I found I need to be careful reading them. It has the black cardboard type cover which started cracking/splitting on the inside a bit even on gentle readings for JSA 2. I did the whole proper working in the binding thing and read the thing gently. The glossy covered ones like the equally large Green Lantern are a bit more durable.
    I did the same with the binding. I'll read them very carefully.

I'll ask my question here too.

I'm thinking about getting the next omnibii: The flash by Manapul, Grayson, Batman and Robin, Batman by Morrison and Teen Titans by Johns (if I can find one for a normal price). On the maybe list: Infinite crisis, Gotham Sirens, Harley Quinn by Palmiotti, Green Lantern by Johns.

Is this a good list? Some I should ad or delete? Please let me know. I'm a total newbie with DC.

Incredible Member

I'm thinking about getting the next omnibii: The flash by Manapul, Grayson, Batman and Robin, Batman by Morrison and Teen Titans by Johns (if I can find one for a normal price). On the maybe list: Infinite crisis, Gotham Sirens, Harley Quinn by Palmiotti, Green Lantern by Johns.

Is this a good list? Some I should ad or delete? Please let me know. I'm a total newbie with DC.
    I would get Green Lantern especially if you like the JSA writing/material. I find Green Lantern a bit better but that's just an opinion. I find them both excellent. But that might be a lot of Johns to get through at once.

haven't read Grayson and Gotham city sirens yet but here is my opinion about the rest (if you are not fed up with my opinion already )
    Manapul by Flash: read some of it when it came out, it was decent but not as good as the Johns Wally West run and most people agree that Manapul's art is the real selling point of this series, not the story,
    B&R by Tomasi and Gleason: I really enjoyed it but it is quite tied into what happens at the end of Morrisons INC so you need to have some knowledge about that. And I feel like it screwed up Tomasi's plans. Also there are some tie ins to the N52 Snyder run too, couple of issues.
    But I think it's a very enjoyable run, I liked the tone, art and the storylines.
    Teen titans by Johns: started promising but then a lot of the plot lines that were introduced got dropped to be resolved in other titles then the team gets a shake up by Infinite crisis, they included a completely skippeable and IMHO annoying Beast boy mini series and really the only story I genuinely liked was the REBELS crossover. It didn't feel like a cohesive read at all, more like a companion book to that era's events. I've sold my copy right after reading it.
    Batman by Morrison: you will need to read Final crisis for that (or just know what happens around Batman and with the main plot) and that's ...wooo boy if you are a newbie....yeah.... but other than that it's an interesting and to me very satisfying and fun run. Sometimes feels very classic, almost old school and sometimes it goes on a Morrison acid trip.
    Infinite Crisis: said it earlier, I like it, I think it's one of the stronger reads from your list also its aftermath 52 (has an omnibus too) is maybe even better.
    GL by Johns: probably one of the best GL run. I think the strongest parts are the big events like Sinestro corps war and Blackest night.

can't remember, have you read Gotham Central?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    haven't read Grayson and Gotham city sirens yet but here is my opinion about the rest (if you are not fed up with my opinion already )
    Manapul by Flash: read some of it when it came out, it was decent but not as good as the Johns Wally West run and most people agree that Manapul's art is the real selling point of this series, not the story,
    B&R by Tomasi and Gleason: I really enjoyed it but it is quite tied into what happens at the end of Morrisons INC so you need to have some knowledge about that. And I feel like it screwed up Tomasi's plans. Also there are some tie ins to the N52 Snyder run too, couple of issues.
    But I think it's a very enjoyable run, I liked the tone, art and the storylines.
    Teen titans by Johns: started promising but then a lot of the plot lines that were introduced got dropped to be resolved in other titles then the team gets a shake up by Infinite crisis, they included a completely skippeable and IMHO annoying Beast boy mini series and really the only story I genuinely liked was the REBELS crossover. It didn't feel like a cohesive read at all, more like a companion book to that era's events. I've sold my copy right after reading it.
    Batman by Morrison: you will need to read Final crisis for that (or just know what happens around Batman and with the main plot) and that's ...wooo boy if you are a newbie....yeah.... but other than that it's an interesting and to me very satisfying and fun run. Sometimes feels very classic, almost old school and sometimes it goes on a Morrison acid trip.
    Infinite Crisis: said it earlier, I like it, I think it's one of the stronger reads from your list also its aftermath 52 (has an omnibus too) is maybe even better.
    GL by Johns: probably one of the best GL run. I think the strongest parts are the big events like Sinestro corps war and Blackest night.

can't remember, have you read Gotham Central?
    I'm always happy with your opinion. Please keep it coming

I've got and read Gotham Central. Really liked it.

Teen Titens is off my list. It's only available for too much anyway, so that saves me some money

I thought I needed to read Morrisons Batman before Batman and Robin, now you're saying I need to read Final crisis before that too? Pfff. What is the best startingpoint for Batman?

I read everuwhere that Johns Flash is a better buy than Manapuls Flash, but they are OOP, that's why I thought about buying the Manapul one.

Green Lantern is a character that I'm the least familiar with. I have no idea what to expect from it.

If I buy Infinite crisis and 52 I don't need anything else to understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    JSA 3, the remaining Byrne MoS tpbs I didn‘t have yet and Black Road.
    Ah, also JSA, nice! I didn't go for Black Road. Everytime I read something Wood wrote I get a unsatisfied feeling. Happend with DMZ, The Massive and another one I can't even remember at the moment. I sold everything.

I'm always happy with your opinion. Please keep it coming

I've got and read Gotham Central. Really liked it.

Teen Titens is off my list. It's only available for too much anyway, so that saves me some money

I thought I needed to read Morrisons Batman before Batman and Robin, now you're saying I need to read Final crisis before that too? Pfff. What is the best startingpoint for Batman?

I read everuwhere that Johns Flash is a better buy than Manapuls Flash, but they are OOP, that's why I thought about buying the Manapul one.

Green Lantern is a character that I'm the least familiar with. I have no idea what to expect from it.

If I buy Infinite crisis and 52 I don't need anything else to understand it?
    Lot of people liked Johns' TT btw so that's just my opinion (also it's an Outsiders crossover not rebels, sorry).
    Final Crisis comes in after the R.I.P. storyline which is the 3rd story from Morrison if I remember correctly (or 4th). Not sure how the omnibuses will be divided but I think the first will stop after RIP so you can read FC and then move on to the 2nd Batman volume (when that comes out).
    Best Batman stories to read without worrying too much about continuity but are still in continuity are probably: Year one, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Snyder's run (I'm not a fan though but it's very popular), Arkham asylum,. Also I would highly recommend Batgirl and Robin Year ones.
    The Johns Flash is being published in chunky trades currently btw. Starts a bit slow but picks up after a while and ramps up really well.
    Johns' GL is a massive space opera epic. Lots of big space battles, big stakes, etc.

For Infitie Crisis and 52 you really only need to know what happened in Identity crisis cause they refer back to that in Infinite crisis but you can just read some recaps or plot summaries for that.

Also I think I've said it before but with superhero comics there is rarely a good start. Just jump in if you feel like that title is gonna be your jam and you can always catch up later. Sometimes it's a bit harder (I think Morrison's Batman is one of those cases) or sometimes it feels you are missing a lot and leaves you unsatisfied (Teen Titans) but there are a lot of series where the stuff you don't know will just make you more interested in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Lot of people liked Johns' TT btw so that's just my opinion (also it's an Outsiders crossover not rebels, sorry).
    Final Crisis comes in after the R.I.P. storyline which is the 3rd story from Morrison if I remember correctly (or 4th). Not sure how the omnibuses will be divided but I think the first will stop after RIP so you can read FC and then move on to the 2nd Batman volume (when that comes out).
    Best Batman stories to read without worrying too much about continuity but are still in continuity are probably: Year one, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Snyder's run (I'm not a fan though but it's very popular), Arkham asylum,. Also I would highly recommend Batgirl and Robin Year ones.
    The Johns Flash is being published in chunky trades currently btw. Starts a bit slow but picks up after a while and ramps up really well.
    Johns' GL is a massive space opera epic. Lots of big space battles, big stakes, etc.

For Infitie Crisis and 52 you really only need to know what happened in Identity crisis cause they refer back to that in Infinite crisis but you can just read some recaps or plot summaries for that.

Also I think I've said it before but with superhero comics there is rarely a good start. Just jump in if you feel like that title is gonna be your jam and you can always catch up later. Sometimes it's a bit harder (I think Morrison's Batman is one of those cases) or sometimes it feels you are missing a lot and leaves you unsatisfied (Teen Titans) but there are a lot of series where the stuff you don't know will just make you more interested in the universe.
    Yes, you've said that about the way to start. That's why I'm trying to find the best jumping point for me. Maybe I should start with the GL's, Grayson and Gotham Sirens and see how to go further from there. At first I read the JSA's.

Yes, you've said that about the way to start. That's why I'm trying to find the best jumping point for me. Maybe I should start with the GL's, Grayson and Gotham Sirens and see how to go further from there. At first I read the JSA's.
    Best place to start Batman is Year One by Frank Miller.

Just know that all Flash series after Johns left are terrible (although some have great art). Waid's run, which came before Johns, also is great and is currently being collected in tpbs.

You don't need to know anything about Green Lantern to enjoy Johns run. In fact, his run got me to actually like Hal Jordan.

I somewhat disagree that you need to read Morrison's run to understand Tomasi's Batman and Robin although I was reading both at the time so maybe you do....haha.

The thing about B&R is it's really a father-son storyline as both characters mature. I think it might very well be one of the best Batman runs ever.

I liked Johns' TT but, I agree, the Beast Boy mini was awful.