Page 804 of 865 FirstFirst ... 304704754794800801802803804805806807808814854 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 12974
    Mighty Member

I enjoyed the first HC. Kinda fun/silly adult fantasy romp. Haven't read any since the "soft" reboot though

I believe there'll be some around here who are going to be really happy with this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/130...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Ordered Paper Girls V. 2 , cheers.
    Is Rat Queens worth a go?
    Read the first dlx and loved it. I can see why some people dislike it but I think it had heart and humour and good stories.
    Also there is the nasty business with the original artist. Try to look it up if you care about it but he was off the book right after that happened.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    The guy was abusing his wife, geez. Considering the female leads, I'm sure that didn't go down well. But I'll give Rat Queens a try and see if I like it, as he's off the book.
    yeah that was a bit of an oopsy ...
    also an absolute shame because it was quite a well received book until then but that accident kinda pulled the rug out from under it (also the poor wife but that's obvious I hope).
    There was a female artist on the series for a short while after that if I'm not mistaken but I think she proved to be difficult to work with (I'm not 100% confident on this so don't quote me), although some used this opportunity to call the writer a misogynist because the female artist got replaced by a guy (the always awesome Sejic) but based on what I've read (as much as I could stomach at least) there wasn't any other reason than getting the series out of the gutter.

Regardless of all the toxic bts stuff I think when you read the series you won't think anyone who contributed would be a woman hater (quite the opposite).

I wish we would get the 2nd/final volume of Peter Panzerfaust sometime soon

Mighty Member

Not sure why all the negative needed to be drugged up just for a recommendation. But just to get it right, Sejic filled in after Roc was removed as artist, and then Tess Fowler took over as the new full timer, only for the ugly finger pointing to insue. I don't recall anyone trying to label Weibe a misogynist, but he had certainly created a reputation at that point of not finishing projects, or down right abandoning them. But to his credit they did eventually finish PP and got the ship righted with Rat Queens it seems. I try and just enjoy the material and not get caught up in the other stuff personally

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Not sure why all the negative needed to be drugged up just for a recommendation. But just to get it right, Sejic filled in after Roc was removed as artist, and then Tess Fowler took over as the new full timer, only for the ugly finger pointing to insue. I don't recall anyone trying to label Weibe a misogynist, but he had certainly created a reputation at that point of not finishing projects, or down right abandoning them. But to his credit they did eventually finish PP and got the ship righted with Rat Queens it seems. I try and just enjoy the material and not get caught up in the other stuff personally
    I appreciate knowing those types of things whenever asking for a recommendation. I try, whenever possible, not to support awful people financially. I don't blame anyone that doesn't want to know. It's up to you. Some people can separate the art from the artist, some can't.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I appreciate knowing those types of things whenever asking for a recommendation. I try, whenever possible, not to support awful people financially. I don't blame anyone that doesn't want to know. It's up to you. Some people can separate the art from the artist, some can't.
    That's exactly why I brought it up. And I do love rat Queens and recommend it but since it's a creator owned book Roc might still get some royalties and that can bother some people.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Saw a few collections on Amazon (too lazy to post links)

Paper girls v2

v2 HC of Rat Queens (looks like they're gonna orphan the crap that stalled the first series and start with issues from v2. Good call imo)

Letter 44 HC v2 (hopefully we get the next Sixth Gun soon as well to finish it off)

Waids' Archie is getting a HC collection (doesn't appear to be oversized, could be wrong?)
    I was thinking about getting Letter 44 vol. 1 - is it any good?
    Well said.

Incredible Member

Have we heard anything about a Kill or Be Killed hardcover?

Or Seven to Eternity for that matter? Although that one feels guaranteed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Have we heard anything about a Kill or Be Killed hardcover?

Or Seven to Eternity for that matter? Although that one feels guaranteed.
    The last issue of Kill or be Killed just came out this week, so it'll be a few months for the second trade and then a few more after that for the HC. And yes, I'd say both Kill or Be Killed and Seven to Eternity are both as guaranteed as anything else to come out in HC eventually.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I was thinking about getting Letter 44 vol. 1 - is it any good?
    Only read the first trade. It was alright. I didn't really care for the artist. Probably pick up the first HC at least

Mighty Member

It's not really not wanting to know, it's that its been several years since the business with Upchurch went down. He was immediately taken off the book with no return. I mean, is there a statute of limitations at this point? He was punished, we can move on. Feels like beating a dead horse at this point. And should we dig up dirt on other creators with skeletons in their closets when someone mentions their work? Where's the line? How do we pick and choose? Seems pointless to me really.

I appreciate knowing these things, but it doesn't stop me buying a book. I don't think that a writer or artist has a duty to be morally sound, nor do I think that messing up should be an eternal strike against somebody's name. However, I still like knowing even if only out of interest as to why somebody was removed.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”